Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hard to tell, really. It's a serious situation, but he's still got a chuckle-laugh and a tinge of enthusiasm in his voice, and he's got the stereotypical German accent.

• Thumbs Up 3

It was that shocking because absolutely no one saw Breezie coming when this comic has been predominantly SatAM + the games + original material. Seeing AoSTH is a very big shock given that fact.

Also, spolier tag that last sentence for crying out loud!

Nah, we had Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts before the reboot, we needed new characters. As soon as the possibility of more AoStH characters arose Breezie was a shoe-in in my book.

Hard to tell, really. It's a serious situation, but he's still got a chuckle-laugh and a tinge of enthusiasm in his voice, and he's got the stereotypical German accent.

Sounds promising.

Nah, we had Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts before the reboot, we needed new characters. As soon as the possibility of more AoStH characters arose Breezie was a shoe-in in my book.

Hence the word "predominantly," dude - and even then they more cameos than anything major or supporting. No one expected anything AoSTH since then given that they haven't been put in such spotlight until now.

Oh, yeah, and the recap explicitly says that Sonic's old memories faded while the new ones took their place. Which is weird because the section its in seems to be covering the events of Countdown to Chaos when the memory fade didn't occur until after #257. Oh well, I guess Ian wants it absolutely clear that the memory fade has occured.

Hence the word "predominantly," dude - and even then they more cameos than anything major or supporting.

I still don't see how it's that shocking.

I still don't see how it's that shocking.

Then you're not even bothering to understand after I flat out told you how in detail.

I got the FCBD issue as well, so if a description isn't posted later, I'll post a full description of both the Sonic and Mega Man side.

Then you're not even bothering to understand after I flat out told you how in detail.

Well it is a fanservice comic, I'd frankly be more surprised if she didn't show up.

I got the FCBD issue as well, so if a description isn't posted later, I'll post a full description of both the Sonic and Mega Man side.

Already described the Sonic side. Feel free to take Mega Man since I don't have any interest in his shenanigans. 

I'll handle the Mega Man side later then.

Well it is a fanservice comic, I'd frankly be more surprised if she didn't show up.

A fanservice comic that starred characters from SatAM and the games, plus stuff found only in the comics. Not so much AoSTH

Can you not equate that, and how anything from AoSTH wasn't expected by other fans, means people are going to be shocked when they see AoSTH in the comics or what, dude? Or are you just going to keep ignoring me saying that every time I point this out? Because that's literally what I'm telling you here.

You already said that. :P

A fanservice comic that starred characters from SatAM and the games, plus stuff found only in the comics. Not so much AoSTH

Can you not equate that, and how anything from AoSTH wasn't expected by other fans, means people are going to be shocked when they see AoSTH in the comics or what, dude? Or are you just going to keep ignoring me saying that? Because that's literally what I'm telling you here.

Actually, I just enjoy winding you up

You already said that. :P

Yeah, my phone said I didn't post it at first :P. I've edited the post now

As hilarious as the bulked up Von Schlemmer is, I still ask what's the point of bringing in characters that resemble barely anything of their former selves. I mean I get the goofy Urpgor-like design of the show might have been hard to translate into the SEGA style but come on.

As hilarious as the bulked up Von Schlemmer is, I still ask what's the point of bringing in characters that resemble barely anything of their former selves.

Boom Knuckles at least had some sort of prominent resemblance to his games self though. He's him just with a bulked up upper body, everything else is practically the same, something that doesn't look the same here.

And even then Boom Knuckles usually has the same complaints; i.e.. he could be a good individual character but as a take on Knuckles there barely seems much point.

Boom Knuckles at least had some sort of prominent resemblance to his games self though. He's him just with a bulked up upper body, everything else is practically the same, something that doesn't look the same here.

Eh. Either way it seems to deviate from the point of fan service to me, and about half the fan base tend to think the same. They could have made the likes of Breezie original characters and while it maybe wouldn't have turned as many heads, it likely wouldn't have been nearly as polarising to fans of the original show.

Oh golly, wasn't expecting that character to make an appearence. Colour me pleasantly surprised. But the time traveling / dimension hopping scientist in the show wasn't Van Schlemmer, but Caninestein.

I'll stop with the nitpicking.

Eh. Either way it seems to deviate from the point of fan service to me, and about half the fan base tend to think the same. They could have made the likes of Breezie original characters and while it maybe wouldn't have turned as many heads, it likely wouldn't have been nearly as polarising to fans of the original show.

Oh golly, wasn't expecting that character to make an appearence. Colour me pleasantly surprised. But the time traveling / dimension hopping scientist in the show wasn't Van Schlemmer, but Caninestein.

I'll stop with the nitpicking.

In fairness some of the cartoony Unleashed designs the comic uses are closer to the original's style, eg. spindly limbs, big nose). It seemed like there was at least some room for compromise here.

Truthfully though, I feel if the character can't translate that well, they may as well not use them. Isn't that the argument against using comic characters in the games?

In fairness some of the cartoony Unleashed designs the comic uses are closer to the original's style, eg. spindly limbs, big nose). It seemed like there was at least some room for compromise here.

Truthfully though, I feel if the character can't translate that well, they may as well not use them. Isn't that the argument against using comic characters in the games?

• Thumbs Up 5