Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

On the other hand, you already have a dog character starting to venture into the scientific research field as is; Muttski.

On the other hand, you already have a dog character starting to venture into the scientific research field as is; Muttski.

There's also a release guide for Worlds Unite as follows

May:

Part 1 : Sonic Universe #76

Part 2 : Sonic Boom #8

Part 3 : Sonic The Hedgehog #273

June:

Part 4 : Mega Man #50

Spin Off : Mega Man Worlds Unite Battles #1

Part 5 : Sonic Universe #77

Part 6 : Sonic Boom #9

Part 7 : Sonic The Hedgehog #274

July:

Part 8 : Mega Man #51

Spin Off: Sonic Worlds Unite Battles #1

Part 9 : Sonic Universe #78

Part 10 : Sonic Boom #10

Part 11 : Sonic The Hedgehog #275

August:

Part 12 : Mega Man #52

And that is more or less the issue in full.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice to see they aren't creating more new characters, but using the existing and expansive library of characters the Sonic series is known for.

I'd much rather they used existing characters to bulk up Silver's supporting cast than them create new characters outright.

I'm glad they used Von Schlemmer and not Caninestein though.. I still like the idea that Caninestein might possibly be Muttski's father or some kind of relative. :U

The Science connection would be a great way to introduce their relationship.

One more interesting thing to note is I'm rather unsure if Silver's future is destroyed, the lab Silver was in is pretty well maintained and clean. It seems like something that wouldn't be able to occur in Silver's world. Leaving two possibilities. Either Silver travelled to the past and entered that lab or Silver's future isn't destroyed.

One more interesting thing to note is I'm rather unsure if Silver's future is destroyed, the lab Silver was in is pretty well maintained and clean. It seems like something that wouldn't be able to occur in Silver's world. Leaving two possibilities. Either Silver travelled to the past and entered that lab or Silver's future isn't destroyed.

Well, maybe it's a safe haven or an underground facility that's been kept in good nick. Just because the future is destroyed doesn't mean everywhere is a charred wasteland.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I just enjoy winding you up

I'm going to ask that we discuss without trolling as that's just pretentious and really derailing the conversation.  Really.

Continue.

• Thumbs Up 3

Here's the important information we've gotten from this comic as well for those who couldn't get one,

-It's confirmed that Countdown to Chaos was a waste of time, all memories are gone, those 20 years of comics will never be mentioned or important again. Don't like how Countdown to Chaos was a nothing more than just giving false hope that these memories will be important again.

-Sonic Rivals 2 is canon

-It appears that it's the future where Von Schlemmer is. I'm not sure though as he appears in an lab and we can't get a clear look if Silver's world is destroyed or not, but he's seems to be a cyborg and has tech that appears to trump Eggman's since he could detect exactly what happened to Sonic's world.

-Silver and Von Schlemmer know what happened in Worlds Collide, but they don't know anything that occurred before the Super Sonic/Eggman fight

-The genesis portals were created due to the multiverse imploding in on itself, creating rips in dimensions and creating the genesis portals.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm going to ask that we discuss without trolling as that's just pretentious and really derailing the conversation.  Really.

Continue.

jk.jpg

Alreet sir.

oh

well

nice to see blue ganondorf I suppose

interesting way to start the crossover, thought it was just capcom properties

• Thumbs Up 1

with Von Schlemmer showing up this makes me wonder just who else from that cartoon series might show up for all we know

robotnik jr might show up :blink: 

robotnik jr might show up :blink:

WOOT! Von Schlemmer is the last AoStH character I wanted! 

I love this new take on him: his design is cool and still feels vaguely Sonic-y, and I'm delighted that Silver has a new friend in his own time! (I wonder if V.S. is descended from any of the present-day human characters we've seen?)

As for Sonic's (and, presumably, everyone's) memories of the old continuity being gone for good... yeah, it's sad, and we needed a lot more closure on subjects like Sally's penance for her Mecha-days... but I think it's just time to move on.

We have a brand-new world with all the best elements from the games, SatAM, AoStH, and even '06, plus plenty of new material to make this world stand out on its own. It's time to make new memories to go alongside our old ones.

Most importantly, while Sonic and the gang don't remember the old universe, we still do. And that's what matters.

That being said,  BRING ON THE UNIFICATION OF WORLDS!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, before we do, let's get some new facts out the way; Tails was maybe or maybe not born in Mobotropolis, Sonic wasn't. 

Edit: He edited. :L

He most likely won't thanks to the "No Family Except Vanilla" mandate. At best, we'd get a different character who looks like him.

I mean, technically he's not Robotnik/Eggman's kid, but I think that'd still be toeing the line in Sega's eyes.

then i wonder  if Eclipse will comeback.. he was looking for the Master emerald shards i guess?  just like Knuckles..

but since he its biologicaly Shadow's sibling.. well.. i wonder if that mandate makes an effect on him...

The mandate doesn't affect Eclipse - if it did, he wouldn't exist at all, since he was made after it was enforced.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's not his biological brother, SEGA would have veto'd that before he could even enter the comic.

They both share Black Arm blood but that's it, and it's not even known if Eclipse has Black Doom's blood. The other half of their genetic code are obviously not from the same source, otherwise Eclipse would probably look like a hedgehog as well. 

Eclipse uses "brother" as a way to connect himself with Shadow, but ultimately the closest to brother they have in definition is the comradery sense.

• Thumbs Up 5

Plus, Eclipse is more of a clone than a biological sibling. As Flynn put it, Black Death essentially made his own bootleg duplicate of Shadow.

...Then again, if Black Doom created Black Death and could also be seen as Shadow's surrogate father, would that make Eclipse Shadow's nephew?

Put it this way. Eclipse isn't really Shadow's brother. He was created from left over Shadow DNA and Black Arms DNA to create a Dark Arms solution to Shadow. Eclipse refers to himself as Shadow's brother due to the fact they both share the same kinds of DNA and the fact that in general, the Black Arms consider each other brothers, the exceptions being Black Doom and Black Death.

• Thumbs Up 1

ohh ok! i though he was his sibling and that for me was kind of weird..

thanks for answer guys :D

Edited by Drawloverlala

You know, this franchise has an odd liking for siblings. Anyone else notice? I mean, Sonic has 3 biological siblings from various settings, and plus Tails who Sonic tends to regard as being a little brother.

Actually, not really. The games themselves have no siblings, and there's only a few relations outside of that (Eggman's grandfather, cousin and descendent, Cream's mother, the Commander's granddaughter and Jet's father. Shadow to Black Doom isn't really an example in the usual sense). Otherwise, you have bonds which act familial when they're not. 

The only branches I'd say were gung-ho for family were Sonic Underground and Archie Sonic prior to the reboot, and only Archie Sonic was absolutely OTT about it. SatAM, for all its shackling of Sonic I think it did, only introduced an uncle for Sonic, a nephew for Robotnik and a father for Sally, all of which were introduced for a specific reason. Sonic the Comic in all its run only really introduced family for Mighty and Charmy, I think (maybe Tails, I don't know too much about his dimension). Archie Sonic went overboard with it considering the franchise, especially Penders (Let's see, Sonic's parents, Charmy's family, Mighty's family (unfortunately for those who liked Matilda), Knuckles' family (all twenty-odd generations of them!) and Amy's cousin), although he wasn't the only one.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I recall the foxes in the Nameless Zone weren't Tails' family, as he was an orphan. Which brings the question, "why was he sending them letters then?"

Sally Acorn had Tuftee, no idea if that's relevant.