Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Also a lot all of the “why didn’t Ian say X at Y time” complaints can be attributed to him being asked before an NDA expiration date.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm thinking it's more to do with the rights to her character. We know Ian has approached Chris Senn(even though he said it *wasn't* Tiara related). When I initially asked Ian if Tiara can be used he said something like "No, but know Chris Senn is a stand up guy.".

See, problem is, Senn told me personally that all the X-Treme rights and material are SEGA's. At most there might be some confusion because some stuff we thought for years was X-Treme (like the little gnomes or the two robot characters) was Senn's stuff he put in just to test engines.

So, about the licensing thing in Australia, I told Archie on Twitter and they said it's being looked into.

Ugh, no offence to him, but I really, really dislike James Fry's style.

• Thumbs Up 4

New Preview

Sonic_272-5.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

Edited by Drawloverlala

Ugh. I seriously don't like James Fry's work. Seriously wonder why they didn't get Tracey, Ben, Bates, or Steven Butler. James Fry's work/Sonic style is always so wonky.

On another note, why didn't he draw the ice cream that Chip loves in Unleashed? I thought the whole reason it was so loved was due to how nice and creative it was. Here, it's sort of just a generic ice cream.

Actually, I will admit I like how he drew Rotor in these panels, at least.

Oh yeah, I'm guessing this is just before Sally and co. return from Isolated Island since they don't seem to be around.

On that note, this makes me wonder where Spark of Life's opening scene takes place in accordance to these stories (the Sky Patrol scenes).

Possibly, it takes place at the tail end of Champions, between the time it takes Sonic and the team to arrive back from the tournament, the sky patrol has been attacked. Then maybe they travelled to Isolated Island after informing Sonic of their mission, which also explains how Sonic knew Tails was away with Sally in Into the Unknown.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, the more I see it, the more the fact that only Amy knows the Mystic Melody when in SA2 she was the only one of the heroes who didn't still kinda irks me a bit.

The fact that they can circumvent ever mentioning the Chaotix despite playing key roles in two events mentioned there doesn't irk me, it's funny.

These are the release dates of the issues of Worlds Unite. They come from Archie's twitter, but I don't think they had been posted here yet:

• Part 1 - Sonic Universe #74: May 27
  • Part 2 - Sonic Boom #8: June 3
  • Part 3 - Sonic the Hedgehog #273: June 10
  • Part 4 - Mega Man #50: June 17
  • Worlds Unite Battle #1: June 17
  • Part 5 - SU #77: June 24 
  • Part 6 - SB #9: July 1
  • Part 7 - STH #274: July 8
  • Part 8 - MM #51: July 15
  • Worlds Unite Battles #2: July 15
  • Part 9 - SU #278: July 22
  • Part 10 - SB #10: July 29
  • Part 11 - STH #275: August 12
  • Part 12 - MM #52: August 19

For the sake of convenience, here are the links where the digital version of the comics can be purchased:

Here is the complete checklist of all the variant covers (I have edited the image to make it more readable):

hGbEtuU.jpg

34 variant covers (not including the regular covers, which would add 14 more to that total), god damn.

Fry's work is at least a bit more fluid and expressive and here than pre reboot, where it was kinda stiff and had tons of humanoid type characters. There's even a few nice dynamic poses here. Still not the best artists here, but he's way better than some of them during the pre-Ian era.

These are the release dates of the issues of Worlds Unite. They come from Archie's twitter, but I don't think they had been posted here yet:

• Part 1 - Sonic Universe #74: May 27
  • Part 2 - Sonic Boom #8: June 3
  • Part 3 - Sonic the Hedgehog #273: June 10
  • Part 4 - Mega Man #50: June 17
  • Worlds Unite Battle #1: June 17
  • Part 5 - SU #77: June 24 
  • Part 6 - SB #9: July 1
  • Part 7 - STH #274: July 8
  • Part 8 - MM #51: July 15
  • Worlds Unite Battles #2: July 15
  • Part 9 - SU #278: July 22
  • Part 10 - SB #10: July 29
  • Part 11 - STH #275: August 12
  • Part 12 - MM #52: August 19
For the sake of convenience, here are the links where the digital version of the comics can be purchased:

Here is the complete checklist of all the variant covers (I have edited the image to make it more readable):

hGbEtuU.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

And we still haven't seen the very last issue cover yet of the crossover.

It'll be out this month, so not a problem.

yeah since I wasn't subscribed to any of the other comics besides the regular issues and it seemed like at some point down the line I was likely going to collect the variants in the future I went ahead and got the deluxe subscription package deal so going to see how that works out.maybe once I get all the variants and main issues I might take a picture to show what it looks like

it also means that I should be able to get a few images up for the super sonic magazine and battle issues when they come out as well

You know, the more I see it, the more the fact that only Amy knows the Mystic Melody when in SA2 she was the only one of the heroes who didn't still kinda irks me a bit.

The fact that they can circumvent ever mentioning the Chaotix despite playing key roles in two events mentioned there doesn't irk me, it's funny.

Honestly I have more problems with the fact Amy learned the Melody off panel rather than develop that throughout Waves of Change.

I love Ian but I feel he really dropped the ball on that plot point.

well i really liked how Sonic does that Mystic melody at SA2 .. its like Link with the ocarina :D heheh

i would have loved if he could learn it too at this comic..

but maybe Ian though Amy needed to be more helpful than just smash enemies with the hammer (?)

Could also be because she's a female, a maiden if you will....I wouldn't say she's a pure-hearted maiden like Tikal or Coral, but she's close enough to one.

I would also assume cause Amy has some sort of magic ability as well like her ability to "POOF" her Hammer out of thin air and her Tarot Card reading ability that lured her to Sonic in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 2

So can I have the link to the site where that preview came from? also was there a Universe preview at all in the last 2 weeks? I may have oversighted that one.

So can I have the link to the site where that preview came from? also was there a Universe preview at all in the last 2 weeks? I may have oversighted that one.

Here's 272 : http://arcadesushi.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-272-preview/

Here's Universe 75 : http://www.newsarama.com/24176-sonic-universe-75-exclusive-preview.html

• Thumbs Up 1