Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

huh that would be nice if that is what happens never got a chance to know about those charcters since I started following the comics right before the genesis wave happened and haven't really explored the very old days of the comic much at all.

Thanks to Panda on the place where birds chirp a lot.

Looks like Lupe and Dulcy might be coming soon.

that said still hoping for monkey khan to at least get a reference in chun nan hopefully

I'm not sure about how I feel about Lupe and Dulcy coming back. But I do like the sound of more personal FF stuff.

Did I ever bring it up before that it kind of bothers me how Sally doesn't act like an aunt to Tails in the comics?

that said still hoping for monkey khan to at least get a reference in chun nan hopefully

Khan probably won't even get that due to the lawsuit, unfortunately. That said, I'm excited to see what's in store at Chun-nan and who Eggman has assigned there. Chun-nan was my favorite country to visit bar Eggmanland, because I love oriental cultures.

Also it sounds like SEGA are very firm on not letting the main Sonic and Sonic Boom brands become one and the same.

But seriously, imagine a Dulcy redesigned to look more like an Eastern Dragon, then thrown into Chun-Nan to take on the Dark Gaia Phoenix and help restore it to normal.

And Lupe...uh, I guess they'd a non-Unleashed location for her

• Thumbs Up 1

You must know something we don't if you have that spoilered.

But I would love to see that.

Maybe Lupe can be in Mazuri? Seems like the perfect place for her if you ask me.

Boom being enforced as separate material doesn't surprise me. They did the same with X. They couldn't even use Cream for a long while.

Boom being enforced as separate material doesn't surprise me. They did the same with X. They couldn't even use Cream for a long while.

• Thumbs Up 4

The only justification I can think of is this;

-Cream wasn't in the main comic.

-Cream was in the Sonic X comic.

-Therefore if Archie tried to introduce Cream to the main comic while the Sonic X comic was still running, it might give the impression of Sonic X bleeding into the main series (even if that's wrong),

I guess it'd be comparable to if Orbot and Cubot weren't integrated into the comic back in Scrambled and instead were attempted to be integrated now, and they feared it might come off as Boom being integrated with the main series (instead of being a distinct entity as Worlds Unite will treat it.It's also why I think only Sticks is here of the main cast). It's a stretch, but eh.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, it's most likely Sega assuming that the readers of the comics are morons. I guess that's not a big surprise.

• Thumbs Up 5

My guess is it could have been something like The Bat Embargo where during the time Justice League Unlimited and The Batman was airing, DC wouldn't allow any villains or supporting characters from The Batman in Justice League Unlimited, causing characters like Robin (Who was currently staring in Teen Titans) to not be allowed in The Batman while villains like Joker, Penguin and any characters who appeared in The Batman wasn't allowed to appear in Teen Titans or Justice League Unlimited. The only exception being Batman himself as he was a big player for Justice League at that point and it wouldn't make sense to take him away at that point. 

The rumored reason DC did it was they didn't want two or three versions of their characters roaming around on TV as they thought that it would cause viewers to get confused over why there was multiple Jokers, Robins and the like.

So it could be the same for Sega where the only exceptions are the main four, along with Eggman when it comes to the comic universes, and that's why they wouldn't allow Cream in the Archie comic. Of course, it's even stupider considering it's Sega and the fact that they had fifty other versions of Sonic and those characters but meh, it's a possible explanation I guess.

Well, Cream didn't really appear much outside of Sonic Heroes and some side games, so...I guess it might's also been an issue of "they'll most likely recognize this character from X only and not the games".

I really wish companies wouldn't underestimate fans so much. Even if someone was confused by this kind of scenario (which I don't deny could happen, not everyone's going to know everything about the franchise and there's nothing wrong with that), it would really only take a quick google search or something to go "oh, this character did exist outside of Sonic X, okay".

Come to think of it, when did Cream show up in the comics? It was...2010/2011 or something, right? Around the time she was in Sonic Colours (DS) / Generations?

• Thumbs Up 3

She appeared in the story Welcome Back Chao! which was a backup in #218 I think

IIRC, she didnt become prominent in the book until Treasure Team Tango.

Cream was probably filed under the X banner as others have hypothesized. Other characters have little excuse. Omega was delayed until Universe launched, we probably still won't be seeing Eggman Nega any time soon despite the Rush and Rivals references, the Black Arms could only be alluded to preboot, etc.

While I'm sure the Babylon Rouges will eventually come back, I've forgotten if Ian has said the Battle Bird Armada will; and even if they do, it's not clear if the BBA will have connections to the Rouges or Bean anymore.

But yay, Dulcy & Lupe will hopefully be coming back sooner than later! I hope Dulcy's inevitable redesign will make her fit in more with the SEGA style: she always stuck out like a sore thumb.

IIRC, she didnt become prominent in the book until Treasure Team Tango.

Cream was probably filed under the X banner as others have hypothesized. Other characters have little excuse. Omega was delayed until Universe launched, we probably still won't be seeing Eggman Nega any time soon despite the Rush and Rivals references, the Black Arms could only be alluded to preboot, etc.

While I'm sure the Babylon Rouges will eventually come back, I've forgotten if Ian has said the Battle Bird Armada will; and even if they do, it's not clear if the BBA will have connections to the Rouges or Bean anymore.

But yay, Dulcy & Lupe will hopefully be coming back sooner than later! I hope Dulcy's inevitable redesign will make her fit in more with the SEGA style: she always stuck out like a sore thumb.

*p*

ohh yeahh!  i was specting this so muuuch!

... i just read the issue 272--

and i loved it!

but seriosly.. really liked the action and the facial expressions, they were so funy..

specially cheese's face when she/he saw Omochao :D hahah

i loved how Antoine was ashamed in how Bunnie was carring him :D hehe

and.. KnuxAmy? haha i just have to admit it was pretty funny when Knux said.. "whatsamatter Shaggy? jealous?"

hahah i'm just loving this :D heheh

ahh! and.. Rouge called Rotor  "handsome"  hehe so nice...

I just hope that someday, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman get to meet their Boom counterparts. (Maybe in a third, Mega Man-free crossover in the future?) Since the Boom redesigns were announced, we've all been wondering how the mainstream characters would react to their new selves. I just don't understand SEGA's mentality that kids today can't comprehend there being two different versions of the same character together. Look at Generations!

On a softer note, I look forward to seeing Lupe and Dulcy! The latter has seriously needed a chance to shine for over a decade!

You mean the same Generations where there was a notable amount of kids' comments on youtube going "IS THAT SONIC AND AMY'S CHILD??"

• Thumbs Up 3

You mean the same Generations where there was a notable amount of kids' comments on youtube going "IS THAT SONIC AND AMY'S CHILD??"

What? Really!? :blink:

What? Really!? :blink:

Welcome to Youtube.com. In fact, welcome to the whole internet. 

judging also by the amount of questions Archie still gets, or got a few years ago about Manic and Sonia, I think you guys are the ones either overestimating or misrepresenting the question.

It often isn't about fearing people won't understand Sonic X Cream isn't Archie Cream, but that expectations of different products will carry over. "I can understand this Cream is not that Cream, but isn't Cream in general to be a friend of Chris? Where's Chris?"

It's not like SEGA are the only ones doing this either, or do you think it's a coincidence Peter Parker was back alive in the Marvel comics in time for Amazing Spider-Man 2's release?