Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So Ian's confirmed that Blaze isn't making an appearance in the crossover. Which is zero surprise given that we haven't seen her in promotional material or covers.

Also I accidentally the recon. I was only in there for a good natter, but you take what you get I suppose. Nothing too earth shattering.

-Sounds like there's a new character to be introduced in the Silver Age. 

-Cassia and Clove arc potentially? Although the specifics of a timescale and placement aren't known.

-The SIlver Age will apparently have lots of Silver doing the Charlie Brown scream. Sounds like this is going to be a pretty light-hearted arc.

-If there are any plans for Mighty and his group, they've not been laid on the table yet.

• Thumbs Up 8

So Ian's confirmed that Blaze isn't making an appearance in the crossover. Which is zero surprise given that we haven't seen her in promotional material or covers.

Also I accidentally the recon. I was only in there for a good natter, but you take what you get I suppose. Nothing too earth shattering.

-Cassia and Clove arc potentially? Although the specifics of a timescale and placement aren't known.

-The SIlver Age will apparently have lots of Silver doing the Charlie Brown scream. Sounds like this is going to be a pretty light-hearted arc.

-If there are any plans for Mighty and his group, they've not been laid on the table yet.

To be fair, it could be in the same way Thunderbolt got an arc by playing the villain to Sonic. That's pretty much the only way I could see that work outside of one-shots focusing only on them (ala Consequences).

And by the actual quote, there'll be actual screaming.

Is Blaze not appearing because she knows too much (last I checked, she was the only one who didn't get some form of memory alteration post-SGW) or something?

Because there's already like a million characters in there. No room in the inn.

Also Blaze did get a memory alteration, it's established in SU#58.

Blaze kept her pre-reboot memories longer than the others because the Jeweled Scepter protected her world from the Super Genesis Wave- but only to an extent.

By now, her memories have faded along with everyone else's.

Is Blaze not appearing because she knows too much (last I checked, she was the only one who didn't get some form of memory alteration post-SGW) or something?

2Mbvbzl.png

It's because there's no room for her.

I wouldn't take those recon as too indicative. I recognize those tidbits of info from the chat last night on my stream when Evan was there, and it was an informal, fun thing- I wouldn't be taking it as confirmation of anything, as she might've just been joking and for fun.

I'm saying more in a general sense- people tend to filter out all the APPARENTLY SUPPOSEDLY etc warnings out, so I'm just trying to add one more in hopes I won't be linked on Skype two days form now someone on 4chan saying it's confirmed Silver'll talk like Charlie Brown and a new character is in so that means Snoopy is in :V

Blaze isn't the only one, the Chaotix are also MIA, none of them appeared on any of the covers, not even the connecting Variant covers. We could've also seen the Robot Masters who.....

Weren't deactivated from the last Mega Man issue. (Wood Man, Snake Man, Flash Man, Air Man, Shadow Man, etc).

Yeah, that would've been TOO much characters even for crossover standards, gotta draw the line somewhere.

BTW, I wonder if Silver will find a love interest in a little Red haired girl somewhere.....

BTW, I wonder if Silver will find a love interest in a little Red haired girl somewhere.....

What red haired girl?

Blaze isn't the only one, the Chaotix are also MIA, none of them appeared on any of the covers, not even the connecting Variant covers. We could've also seen the Robot Masters who.....

Weren't deactivated from the last Mega Man issue. (Wood Man, Snake Man, Flash Man, Air Man, Shadow Man, etc).

Yeah, that would've been TOO much characters even for crossover standards, gotta draw the line somewhere.

• Thumbs Up 1

Poor Blaze, they are probably gonna make an off-panel about her getting in too late and being left out.

Woops, looks like I made a mistake, there ARE some of the Mega Man 2 Robot Masters, Sonic Boom 10's cover had Woodman and Airman on it.

Read the first issue of this arc.

The positive: New artist,  Dan Schoening may be the most "on-model" artist I've seen on this book. Every angle of Eggman is perfect and that's a huge feat considering he's the most....."3-D" of the villains.

The negative: The writing feels sooo rushed in this first issue. "ANDTHENTHISHAPPENEDANDTHENTHISHAPPENEDANDTHEN!" I think it's partially because there's been no real set up in the previous books outside of Orbot being possessed. They really wanted this saga separate from the rest of the books normal continuity, but because of that. we get a setup to the main story that goes by incredibly fast and the majority of it is done in text.

• Thumbs Up 2

Which ends up with Sonic and Mega Man being captured very quickly and partially off-screen almost, which jars me since there were characters in Worlds Collide that got more depth to the circumstances of their capture.

• Thumbs Up 2

Read the first issue of this arc.

The positive: New artist,  Dan Schoening may be the most "on-model" artist I've seen on this book. Every angle of Eggman is perfect and that's a huge feat considering he's the most....."3-D" of the villains.

The negative: The writing feels sooo rushed in this first issue. "ANDTHENTHISHAPPENEDANDTHENTHISHAPPENEDANDTHEN!" I think it's partially because there's been no real set up in the previous books outside of Orbot being possessed. They really wanted this saga separate from the rest of the books normal continuity, but because of that. we get a setup to the main story that goes by incredibly fast and the majority of it is done in text.

I don't think it's entirely fair to try and judge this issue by itself. It's like Worlds Collides opening it's just page after page of set up.

It's necessary evil unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 7

I don't think it's entirely fair to try and judge this issue by itself. It's like Worlds Collides opening it's just page after page of set up.

It's necessary evil unfortunately.

I don't know if it was a "Necessary Evil" per se. Sonic #272 was a fun Unleashed issue with Antoine and Sonic however, it could have been served better as a prologue to Worlds Unite as a short Lost World adaption telling the story of Eggman's conquering of and dethroning by, the Zeti. Instead, the Zeti are thrown into this issue with very few lines and zero personality. Lost World should have been at least one issue, instead, it's two pages of flashback. IMO, it's a poor introduction to the Zeti. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From beginning I thought this crossover was jamming to much shit in whereas the last one had two clear sides and it balanced them fairly well (not perfectly but still). But here there's just so much shit like, I do not like the Zeti being introduced to the comics this way, I wouldve preferred them getting their own ORIGINAL arc before being thrusted into a crossover.

Though I like how they remembered that Sonic's universe remembers the crossover but Mega Man's doesnt and so Eggman is all like "ugh god dammit not Wily" and Wily is just like "uh what, who are you??". I wonder if that will get resolved.

Oh great, the very thing we feared of this crossover: rushed pacing.

Here's hoping that the next issues make up for it.