Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well then, the solicits provide a problem; according to them, the process of converting them into slaves is depicted next issue, they attack in part three and they may be back to normal by or before part four, with some of the Sonic Man story being in Mega Man Battles.

Edit: Speaking of next issue, Archie have given a sneak shot of it.

CGCnfHaUgAAbqtS.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like they've arrived in the Boom-verse. The tropical leaves gives it away. So X was the shadow Sticks sees at the end of SB #6 after all.

Aside from Axl looking a little off compared to X and Zero, Yardley seems to have already improved drawing Mega Man characters since Act 2 of WC.

wait, that's yardley! ?

if so then yeah, axl's legs look small but damn that's a leap from last crossover

here's hoping we don't have to see him depressingly selling the pencil originals from the crossover in a few months like last time

Just as a tidbit, there will be an actual Lost World story adaptation in the Sonic comic later on. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't know if it was a "Necessary Evil" per se. Sonic #272 was a fun Unleashed issue with Antoine and Sonic however, it could have been served better as a prologue to Worlds Unite as a short Lost World adaption telling the story of Eggman's conquering of and dethroning by, the Zeti. Instead, the Zeti are thrown into this issue with very few lines and zero personality. Lost World should have been at least one issue, instead, it's two pages of flashback. IMO, it's a poor introduction to the Zeti. 

I'll admit the Zeti really shouldn't be here or at least should have been better developed/set-up.

Honestly I just have trouble picking apart one issue of a story anymore. My mindset (And this goes to 4 issue arcs too) is "I gotta have the entire story before I can make any real judgment of how I feel." It just seems unfair to go "Well this issue is just set up" to me because it's like saying "Well the first few minutes of this movie aren't very good because we're seeing things begin."

Maybe that's just me.

wait, that's yardley! ?if so then yeah, axl's legs look small but damn that's a leap from last crossoverhere's hoping we don't have to see him depressingly selling the pencil originals from the crossover in a few months like last time

Okay, but who else is looking on at the X guys to study their design?

CGHCAxqWoAAr1ik.png

Another sneak peek is. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Why? I'd buy 'em.

My point was more the way he was selling it. Paraphrasing, it was something to the effects of

"no-one liked these but maybe someone'll buy it"

My point was more the way he was selling it. Paraphrasing, it was something to the effects of"no-one liked these but maybe someone'll buy it"

The way he was selling them came off as no different to how he sells off his other pages to me.

WU#2 preview

Wasn't expecting to see other Boom characters other than Sticks

:D

Nice of them to confirm that the Battles series is official story and is needed for the full story.

So much for ''They're just separate issues to show off the battles we can't fit into the normal book.''

Cracked up at the variant joke and Sticks going all Sonic Heroes. XD

It's Boom!Orbot and Cubot who's going Super form. Duh.

So cute to see X be so friendly and calm down Sticks before she freaked out too much.

And their faces towards seeing Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver were priceless. Axl and X looks so amused while Zero's all like, "WTF is this kid's problem?" LOL.

Okay the art style, colors and X's characterization is great here!

Really liking it so far!

"Oh, it's a fight you want?"

Zero, you never cease to show how bloodthirsty you are before you got your own series, huh? I swear, you and Shadow need to get together sometime and talk about your similarities.

Rushed or not, this is becoming too juicy regardless.

I'm surprised nobody's asked "what does the back of the poster variant look like?"

What? Nobody cared? Oh. TOO BAD:

dvDFLFE.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

I finally read SU 76, and I decided to do a late review on it!

• The style is simular to Kiah's Sonic Boom episodes reviews.
  • I read the comics via videos
  • Here it is- NOTE: Some pics are too big, and badly fixed and one is not clear, which is why it's spoiler'd. Also plot details-ish.

I have decided to review Sonic Universe issue 76, which starts the much awaited crossover worlds Unite! (Now with Mega Man X and Sonic Boom on the tow, along with lots of other characters from the Sega/Capricom universe!) Here’s my thoughts and observations in this issue:

tumblr_inline_np7aw7cfp01tuyh1j_1280.pngFirst of all the art style in this comic is really good, it defines the action (and more action) that takes place in all three worlds. The line art was done by Dan Schoening and Jonathan H. Gray and the colors were done by Luis Antonio Delgado and Matt Herms.

tumblr_inline_np7au9WYaG1tuyh1j_400.png

It’s very cute on how Rock conforts his sister Roll when she’s concerned that something bad would happen. I found the hug to be really cute. If only Roll knew the tragedy that would happen within the next few pages.

tumblr_inline_np7atcjzqm1tuyh1j_1280.pngThe Deadly Six make their appearance with a proper role this time! (The last time they appeared was during the Halloween Comic Fest 2013, with Zavok being revealed the most I think.)

tumblr_inline_np7as7HYX51tuyh1j_1280.png

That is one huge robotic body for Sigma, but it’s to make him sound like he’s the big boss of his great plan.

tumblr_inline_np7arhHQxF1tuyh1j_1280.pngIt was pretty funny seeing Zavok and Zomnom distract Eggman and Wily while they are working on their creations respectively. Hopefully, their personalities will improve in this comic than in the video game itself, (I found Zavok, Zazz, and Zeena okay in the game).

tumblr_inline_np7aqliMN31tuyh1j_1280.png

The Deadly Six look really good with their armor on! Notice that the armor has Sigma’s symbol on it.

tumblr_inline_np7ap0lVIG1tuyh1j_400.png

And finally, the Six prove too much for Sonic and Mega Man and they end up captured, and the mad Doctors are going to change them into two robots (well Mega Man will be reprogrammed) we have witnessed in several covers before.

Overall the issue was good for me, the main positive was the art style! Looking forward to Sonic Boom 8!

I finally read SU 76, and I decided to do a late review on it!

• The style is simular to Kiah's Sonic Boom episodes reviews.
  • I read the comics via videos
  •  

• Thumbs Up 7

So... question. Has Super Special Magazine 14 come out yet or is that in delay? Because I've heard the Genesis Portals Origin story was supposed to be in it, and was supposed to be out before Free Comic Book Day, but I've heard no word about it.

I've actually had to go to eBay to get the FCBD issue for Sonic/Mega Man, since by the time I got to my LCS on the day, they were all out (luckily, I managed to pick up DC's Divergent, which was my other major target). Two bucks.