Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Right, retrieved my sources to get the solicits and preview up before Wednesday, waiting for Bumbleking to be up for something, wished Ian a happy birthday, I think I'm all set to finish the day.

Hopefully subscribers will be getting part 2 soon as well so we can see just how long we have with the mind controlled slave heroes.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm glad I set myself up to finish the day given what I know now what was waiting the next day.

So, what to do about the Boom news? I think we might as well let the Boom comic run its course in the other thread (which would mean Sonic Boom #11 discussion would be held there), then any future Boom presence be reintegrated into this topic since it wouldn't be frequent and consistent enough to warrant having that topic be zoned off just to discuss it.

As much as it makes me want to regurgitate, because good fucking God can this franchise ever beat the mind-control horse over and over again, I would be interested to see how Ian handles it.

I'm not too sad for the Boom news, but it makes me worried (and paranoid) about the other books, sales are fine now... but what if there's a sudden drop? Boom wasn't much lower than MM and SU, and now it will be gone in a couple of issues, I could not predict it ending so soon.

If Boom was dropped because of its sales then Universe and by extension Mega Man itself is in trouble. weren't they all around the same sales range when Boom was dropped?

I'm not too sad for the Boom news, but it makes me worried (and paranoid) about the other books, sales are fine now... but what if there's a sudden drop? Boom wasn't much lower than MM and SU, and now it will be gone in a couple of issues, I could not predict it ending so soon.

same after knowing about how the megaman comics are doing and seeing what happened to sonic boom i'm really worried for the megaman comics since it feels like it would be next on the chopping block (unless this means the megaman x series will get its own comic series to cover the megaman x games but I doubt that's the reason)

Then there's the fact that, while those figures are good for guidelines, some series may have more subscribers backing it than others. I'd imagine a long narrative covering multiple parts would be more subscriber-loaded than an episodic comedy comic.

• Thumbs Up 6

It's a little surprising how soon it's ending, but considering that the Sonic Boom cartoon is already about half way over and we're only on Issue #7, I didn't think we'd get much longer unless the cartoon got a second season. Still, I at least expected it to reach #14 - 16 range. Worlds Unite is longer than the entire SB run.

Then there's the fact that, while those figures are good for guidelines, some series may have more subscribers backing it than others. I'd imagine a long narrative covering multiple parts would be more subscriber-loaded than an episodic comedy comic.

Then let me pick your brain for a second and ask what you think, are Universe and Megaman in trouble?

If Boom was dropped because of its sales then Universe and by extension Mega Man itself is in trouble. weren't they all around the same sales range when Boom was dropped?

same after knowing about how the megaman comics are doing and seeing what happened to sonic boom i'm really worried for the megaman comics since it feels like it would be next on the chopping block (unless this means the megaman x series will get its own comic series to cover the megaman x games but I doubt that's the reason)

Then let me pick your brain for a second and ask what you think, are Universe and Megaman in trouble?

It is possible that the Boom comic was cancelled on SEGA's request. For example, they might be phasing out the Boom brand little by little.
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I'm normally the one to jump in and explain SEGA's not satan and Archie has agency on their decisions, but this is one case where even myself am wondering it SEGA might not've just pulled the license.

• Thumbs Up 2

Because with the exception of the show, Boom as a initiative has pretty much boomed up in their faces.

Because they're embarrassed by the games' panning and are too chicken to stand their ground with this new brand.

The brand's not deserving of standing their ground at all, so if that's the reason this is happening I'm glad. I was just expecting the comic to last as long as the show's on.

And I don't think it should bear repeating that sales have kind of dwindling since the first issue anyway.

Who's for Sticks joining the main book when Boom ends?

Unless she becomes another Tiara, where SEGA owns her lock stock and barrel, but don't want to use her.

It is possible that the Boom comic was cancelled on SEGA's request. For example, they might be phasing out the Boom brand little by little.

Boom was SoA's baby. could be that SoJ are bringing something of their own now and want the house cleaned first.

Boom was SoA's baby. could be that SoJ are bringing something of their own now and want the house cleaned first.

That would be really interesting actually. I wouldn't mind seeing a new take on Sonic via SoJ purely out of curiosity more than anything else. Regardless of how well that show has been received its pretty obvious that general consensus is that Boom was a major bust as far as a new brand and image goes. Perhaps SoJ slapped SoA upside the head and have taken things into their own hands again.

So is the Boom line of comics meant to end after Worlds Unite or is it going to have an arc or two after that before it's brought to an end?