Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

You DO know it is a spin-off right? It never took any light off Sega Sonic. Sega Sonic was never replaced by Boom Sonic in any way.

Also, Boom just got more merchandise on the way and another season of 26 episodes for next year so while the comic may be gone, the show's not going anywhere.

If anything, this could mean LESS SEGA Sonic. Archie said they were still doing more, just not in its own book, so it has to go somewhere, and I doubt it's going to be Jughead's Double Digest.

Less Archie Sonic, you mean. The rare times this comic goes SEGA it's because it's told to, and in those cases I doubt Boom will get priority over the new Olympics issue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, sorry. Was just following Jason's argument. Still, compared to Boom, Archie Sonic is SEGA Sonic the way IDW Transformers is G1 Transformers.

At the very least, I want Sticks to somehow join the main Archie Sonic books, and possibly any other original character from both the cartoon and the game(their are several original characters in the game that haven't showed up in the cartoon), but only if SEGA gives the say so.

Shoot, Lyric could possibly be done more better in the comic then in the game for all I know.

But if they aren't allowed to somehow keep Boom stuff alive, well that's it then, 

• Thumbs Up 2

They said on Twitter that the Boom comic stories will continue in the other books. https://mobile.twitter.com/ArchieComics/status/605421541422198786

Ian said the Boom comics ending isn't because of SEGA or sales. http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=429679&sid=c05fbebabdefb55abf290f63f1adc9c3#p429679

Both pieces of information has already been posted.

Here's another teaser Archie gave us for Worlds Unite

CGHV7OKWoAEs5Ml.png

Man this reminds me of something I just don't know what 

• Thumbs Up 1

CGHV7OKWoAEs5Ml.png

Man this reminds me of something I just don't know what 

It reminds me about a scene from the first Power Rangers movie: the city is under attack and the reporter asks "Where are the Power Rangers?".

Okay, how about a little Twitter round-up just to ebb out the topic a bit more?

-Ian's as bummed out about the cancellation as anyone else it seems. I kind of suspect that means no MMX comic to replace it because he'd be writing that one, surely.

-While the specific ages haven't been disclosed, all the SatAM Freedom Fighters are in their teens. No more old man Rotor it seems.

-When remaking the AoStH characters, aside from story, popularity has some bearing, as well as viability.

-Ian gauges popularity based on emails and online reactions.

-As we knew already, final say on the pass of them comes from SEGA and the editor.

-Sounds like the comic won't have any bearing on the animated series just announced for Mega Man since his response to someone asking about whether he could get Tempo in there was "I wish!". 

• Thumbs Up 2

-Sounds like the comic won't have any bearing on the animated series just announced for Mega Man since his response to someone asking about whether he could get Tempo in there was "I wish!". 

Does make me wonder if the TV series is going to warp or mandate anything now.

Well seeing that its Capcom and not SEGA I doubt it I mean they used Madam Y for petes sake 

I just hope Capcom releases a new Megaman main series game or at the very least another Anniversary Collection type game with all the older games by the time the new cartoon series starts. I mean if its popular kids are gunna find out its origins, and wanna play the games, or a new game, and beyond a smattering on 3DS e-shop there isn't really a current gen place to get them all anymore.

Ugh, I hope it doesn't get a crappy tie in game for the new series, if the series doesn't follow the original cannon and all. Might end up like another Boom, tie in games aren't usually known for quality.

This makes me wonder if any network or producers have ever asked about doing a new SatAM type cartoon based on the Archie Sonic series, that would be interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yardley makes Elec Man way more adorable than he should be.

I think makes him just adorable enough.

Got the issue an hour ago.

Like last time, much of it feels like set-up. The preview showed all bar one page of what we see of the X and Boom crew, the only thing we miss out on is the bubble blower portal maker.

Six pages are dedicated to re-establishing the events of Worlds Collide and the working together of the doctors (which includes a retcon to the set-up of WC on Sonic's end obviously). Then another page of Eggman and Wily explaining the plan to Sigma.

Sonic and Mega Man spend all this time floating in an item capsule tube thing until a double page spread shows them going from resilient to having their thoughts overridden, it's very brief and doesn't really show any resistance from the heroes. 

That leaves four pages showing the two centres of each world being attack and each heroic force wonder where their main is. Gotta be honest, I think Sonic having a ring shooter is kind of a mediocre weapon for Sonic Man. But yeah, we see the two Roboticised Masters (M'egga Man is called that too) in a pose at the end. I see Eggman went to the reptilian guide to robot looks for Sonic Man because he doesn't look goofy in the muzzle. 

I really hope this picks up sharpish.

• Thumbs Up 3

Got the issue an hour ago.

Like last time, much of it feels like set-up. The preview showed all bar one page of what we see of the X and Boom crew, the only thing we miss out on is the bubble blower portal maker.

Six pages are dedicated to re-establishing the events of Worlds Collide and the working together of the doctors (which includes a retcon to the set-up of WC on Sonic's end obviously). Then another page of Eggman and Wily explaining the plan to Sigma.

Sonic and Mega Man spend all this time floating in an item capsule tube thing until a double page spread shows them going from resilient to having their thoughts overridden, it's very brief and doesn't really show any resistance from the heroes. 

That leaves four pages showing the two centres of each world being attack and each heroic force wonder where their main is. Gotta be honest, I think Sonic having a ring shooter is kind of a mediocre weapon for Sonic Man. But yeah, we see the two Roboticised Masters (M'egga Man is called that too) in a pose at the end. I see Eggman went to the reptilian guide to robot looks for Sonic Man because he doesn't look goofy in the muzzle. 

I really hope this picks up sharpish.

What was the retcon for Worlds Collide?

The change to the circumstances that's been discussed a bit. Eggman got trapped in the white void at the end, a Chaos Emerald ended up in Mega Man's world, Wily used it to find Eggman, get him out and plan the plan (although this doesn't answer where classic Eggman got to), then everything progresses as normal.

But it still raises some questions about continuity anyway.

I'm hoping we get some spoiler pics soon. I'd love to see that double page where Sonic & Mega Man are slowly mind controlled.

It's...not really slowly. It's done over two dialogue boxes for each character (albeit with pictures showing them going isolated in thought). You don't even see the process, just them agonised in the capsules.

On another note, Who else wants to order a one way ticket on confirmation for Genesis Wave'd? Mordreds need not apply.

Seriously, that status is pretty easy to misinterpret (as accurate as it is about non-Flynn creations), unless he really does mean that Mordred and the Avalon Freedom Fighters are literally the only ones left now since we've seen then (or had them namedropped in the latter case. They might not even be called the Avalon Freedom Fighters).

The off-panel of this issue, featuring Sticks and a bunch of other guys you've probably never heard of

biIiL40.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

The off-panel of this issue, featuring Sticks and a bunch of other guys you've probably never heard of

biIiL40.jpg

That off panel is one of the best things to date for the comic. It's what I'm hoping to see in this crossover and hey, even Sticks is funny for once.

• Thumbs Up 1

hah, that was a pretty funny off-panel, especially her telling SEGA Amy to chill out.

Ah, I look forward to her interactions with with many of the main comic's cast.