Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I'm talking about Abraham. And in the sense that they're both less western cartoonish inspired anime humans created outside of Archie.

Look at what Lamar Wells/Trunks24 drew 

worlds_unite_select_screen_la_by_trunks2

• Thumbs Up 9

That's either an SDCC variant (like the one done for Worlds Collide) or an unapproved variant. 

Edit: Or maybe he drew it for fun and I'm being dense.

He drew for fun. Megabeatman asked if somebody could draw a mega man x maverick select screen and Lamar did it kinda like he did last time 

My thoughts on Snively's Origins preview, spoilered just in case.

While it was somewhat surprising to see that Snively was always a (traitorous) GUN scientist, it was VERY surprising to see that Eggman used to be one as well. Not to mention that Eggman, Snively AND Walter Naugus got King Acorn to think that the United Federation was preparing to invade Mobotropolis and the Acorn Kingdom. I've forgotten if it was stated before that it happened in this continuity, but this seems like a better reason for (a) Great War to occur than the origin that Ken & Karl came up with.

I'm kinda sad to see that Classic Eggman/Robotnik was only depicted in sillouette, but with Naugus also being in shadow after joining the conspiracy, I'm just hoping that was a stylistic choice to depict Eggman sinisterness rather than it being forced work around since SEGA clamped down on Classic (inspired) depictions after Countdown to Chaos and the Breezie flashbacks during the Fighters arc.

So Madonna is a character now, inspired by Topaz from X. Interested to see what her backstory is. She was originally supposed to be Sonic's love-interest during the first game, right? Perhaps an encounter with Sonic in the past inspired her to join GUN? Obviously, after 06 failed to make the idea look appealing, she won't have been a love interest of had a crush on him if she ever DID meet him.

• Thumbs Up 1

EVERYTHING HAS TO BE EXACT!!!

It's a nod to an old character and his design has to be more human to fit into this world. I don't know why some of you fans get so hung up on this stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

So is there any problem with these characters having redesigns in the Archie book then?

500px-Robotnik_with_sonic_3.jpg

500px-Adventures-of-Sonic-the-Hedgehog-E

...Apparently you don't know the Sonic community too well, considering over 15 years later and people are still crying about green eyes and a different shoe design.

Sonic the Hedgehog and Robotnik?

They're already in the book mate.

He meant how come no one's complaining that those cartoony characters got a design enhancement to make them less over the top.

...Apparently you don't know the Sonic community too well, considering over 15 years later and people are still crying about green eyes and a different shoe design.

He meant how come no one's complaining that those cartoony characters got a design enhancement to make them less over the top.

You mean classic Sonic to modern Sonic?

Because whether or not you feel those designs are better or worse than the newer ones is a different matter entirely.

• Thumbs Up 6

...Yeah. One thing. Why are you guys acting like I'm stating this point. I'm just clarifying that Biznizz's point was no one complaining about Sonic & Eggman's designs not looking like the Adventures of Sonic designs. I didn't bring up the point, I just clarified it.

Secondly, I'm not saying they are wrong. I'm saying that I think it's being overblown. Considering the comics standards and the games standards have been the G.U.N style humans, and the sort of human stylised design like Pickle.

That said, I think the original design was terrible anyway, and would look awful in the comic but that's my own opinion.

• Thumbs Up 3

...Yeah. One thing. Why are you guys acting like I'm stating this point. I'm just clarifying that Biznizz's point was no one complaining about Sonic & Eggman's designs not looking like the Adventures of Sonic designs. I didn't bring up the point, I just clarified it.

I never actually said I wanted the original design in the comic. If you actually bothered to read my older post you'll notice that, and I even provided a visual example of what I had in mind. Here it is again (courtesy of TheKKM)

tumblr_no5owqAI6M1qjhcfso1_1280.png

To further clarify, this design pretty much uses the same body and even head structure of Professor Pickle. 

That was what my point was. Especially since Robotnik/Eggman was GREATLY altered from the original Japanese design to the AoSTH design.

From this:

EggmanSoni&KCollection.png

to this:

Dr._robotnik_AOSTH.png

I never actually said I wanted the original design in the comic. If you actually bothered to read my older post you'll notice that, and I even provided a visual example of what I had in mind. Here it is again (courtesy of TheKKM)

tumblr_no5owqAI6M1qjhcfso1_1280.png

To further clarify, this design pretty much uses the same body and even head structure of Professor Pickle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

...And I still think it wouldn't look good in the comic. It's leagues better than the original, but the proportions are still wonky, and it just doesn't look like it would fit into the comic style. That's because I thought the original design was terrible and even a design cleaning up some of the issues still doesn't look like it'd fit the comic style.

Yeah but the design fits a bit more for Pickle. He's a old man so it's more acceptable that he'd have a hunch for example and wrinkles. For Von Schlemmer. He's a timeless cyborg in the comic. It makes the original design's things like wrinkles, crazy teeth, crazy hair, and weird proportions less acceptable. Plus the fact that Von Schlemmer is still far more cartoony than Pickle.

Well seeing as he's the only example of a 'timeless cyborg' (wherever you pulled that from) in the comics surely there's no standard to adhere to.

At any rate, let's get this out of the way, do you like AoStH?

Also, please look at this page and tell me how these two are the same species

SonicSuperDigest_12-2.jpg

No. I don't like AoStH. It's not my cup of tea. Doesn't really mean I can't give my opinion on a character design.

As for the second part. How is this:

Sonic_%26_All-Stars_Racing_Transformed_-

the same species as this:

GUN-Commander.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay. I'm just going to give my final two cents on the matter.

I see Pickle as being atypical of human designs in the book. I'm not that big a fan of either the Pixar-y humans OR the more realistic ones from 06 and ShTH. I feel that for the most part, the book has a better medium, such as the current design for Tower and his daughter.

KKM's design looks faithful for a continuation or fan update of AoSTH, but unless the point of Schlemmer is that he looks incredibly out of place, then he does not look like he belongs in the book.

It's like when Breezie was redesigned, I see it as a necessary evil; seeing as even when I was a kid, I didn't think she looked anything like a hedgehog at all.

But all of this is ignoring the fact that we've only seen Schlemmer and Silver's new future ONCE, and in just one Origins story, so we know little about his nothing about his deal at all! And we don't know how he'd look if Stanley, Yardley, or anyone else other than Thomas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well first of all then, you're not the target audience for an AoStH character. The fact that you don't care for the design is up to you. However when you are redesigning a character for a group of fans, it makes sense to work said design to appeal to said fans.

As for the second part, yeah, that's the point. Having Pickle as a more cartoonish character would be no less ingenious than Eggman and Gun Commander. However don't you sit there and tell me it's more sensible when pandering to a group of fans to take a cartoonish character like Von Schlemmer and redesign him along the lines of Abraham Tower when you could have redesigned him along the lines of Dr Eggman. Who looks like, an egg.

I'm assuming Wily designed Sonic Man with some kind of Anti-Time stop ability just to counter Flash and Time Man since those two would've actually posed a threat to Sonic (Sonic is fast but not the Flash fast).

Also genius using the Fire and Lighting Shield power-ups for attacks as well as other Sonic'y moves, same said for M'egga Man virtually being the Egg Beater in that he's equipped with a vast amount of classic Eggman weaponry and can switch them on the fly.

I'm assuming Wily designed Sonic Man with some kind of Anti-Time stop ability just to counter Flash and Time Man since those two would've actually posed a threat to Sonic.

Actually, it's not even that. It's just Sonic's natural speed is fast enough that even slowing him down isn't good enough, and he's still too fast for the robot masters.

• Thumbs Up 1

I reckon Flash Man could stop Sonic Man. I mean, he doesn't slow down time like Time Man, he actually out-and-out stops it. As Quick Man would attest to, being the fastest thing alive means squat if time is just completely stopped.

Actually, does Wily even know half his Robot Masters have turned good?