Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

(Sonic is fast but not the Flash fast)

Haha, how long have you been reading the comics, cause Archie Sonic is a lot closer to Flash then most people realize. Vibrates right through walls and all that jazz.

The comics really exagurate his top end speed to some pretty crazy extremes. Quickman can attest to that.

Haha, how long have you been reading the comics, cause Archie Sonic is a lot closer to Flash then most people realize. Vibrates right through walls and all that jazz.

The comics really exagurate his top end speed to some pretty crazy extremes. Quickman can attest to that.

Well, in the past. This continuity, I think he's far more boost Sonic than Pre-Reboot Archie Sonic.

Well, in the past. This continuity, I think he's far more boost Sonic than Pre-Reboot Archie Sonic.

Yeah, didn't Ian said in some interview somewhere that all of the pre-reboot abilities and powers of some characters including Sonic are gone now as well and the game cast is closer to their game counterparts now? (which means no molecule vibrating Sonic, no titan Tales or Chaos Knuckles, etc).

I think someone posted it either here or on Bumbleking, through it was a little bit back through so I faintly remember. Or not, whatever, their has been bigger game breaking stuff than this in comics.

Is the Emerald piece on Megga Man's forehead the Emerald Shard Sonic found in the side of the cliff over lava in Part 1?

EVERYTHING HAS TO BE EXACT!!!

It's a nod to an old character and his design has to be more human to fit into this world. I don't know why some of you fans get so hung up on this stuff.

So long as you're going to reduce things like that, allow me

EVERYTHING MUST BE DIFFERENT!!!

It's a cartoony character in a world of blue hedgehogs one meter tall with cyclops eyes and human professors with noses the size of their arms, yet with none of his own cartoony elements allowed to appear in the design beyond basic realistic-anime human proportions. I don't know why some of you fans get so hyped to tell the others they get too hung up on wanting characters to look how they looked or close to.

It's not like people are demanding the AoSTH design, there's just a legit confusion as to why a short, hunched, blue, huge-nosed, buck-toothed character had to be redesigned as a human with realistic proportions except for a slightly large nose and big upper teeth in the same year the comic introduces a short, hunched, eyebrows-covering-the-eyes, nose-the-size-of-a-limb, chin-near-his-groin human character, as if only the Unleashed characters are allowed inherent cartoonyness.

In other words, please allow the comic to be cartoony.

Or put in a simpler way, please let Evan, Jon, and Yardley! deal with AoSTH characters in the future instead of artists who have a stricter, more realistic style like Adam Bryce Thomas who IIRC did the Schlemmer redesign with Ian. Play to the artist's strengths.

• Thumbs Up 6

You guys act like he's a rippling adonis. did you ever think maybe they designed him the way they did so he wouldn't be "Pickle with blue skin, einstein hair, and a star trek outfit"? Because that's what that fan design looks like.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, to be honest, I can see where those critiquing Von Schlemmer's design are coming from this time around. He's a lot more radically altered here compared to the likes of Breezie, who's original proportions in the cartoon were a lot more out of place conpared to what the style of the comics were going for and therefore needed said radical altering to fit.

And to be fair, citing the humans requiring to be more realistic or such as part of the rationale for Schlemmer different design doesn't exactly hold a lot of water when Snivley of all characters almost borders the line between Pixar-ish human to wacky being a midget by comparison to other humans. Not that there wasn't any need to redesign Von Schlemmer (quite the opposite, he needs if he's not to be too out of place), but but I can see these other cartoonier designs of him fitting in just as well as what they went with, maybe even more so fo keep the semblance.

So, unlike earlier comments on Breezie, the opposition has a better leg to stand on this time around. That said, it is what it is. I'm not too fussed about the design either way, because while more realistic, there is a semblance of Schlemmer in it and either way it goes he's getting a new lease on life in the comic. But let's be real here, human designs in the comic have just as much diversity in them as the anthros do, and we can't use the realism of other humans to go against that very easily.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm just waiting until he has more than two or three panels, like maybe in that Silver arc, before passing judgment. Things seem to change a bit from point to point lately, especially if another artist gets involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys act like he's a rippling adonis. did you ever think maybe they designed him the way they did so he wouldn't be "Pickle with blue skin, einstein hair, and a star trek outfit"? Because that's what that fan design looks like.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why don't we just say there are many different types of humans and be done with this?

Seriously I can't be the only one who doesn't see this as a big deal in the slightest.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not everytime people discuss things does it mean it's a "big deal" that needs exhasperated posts of "please shut up".

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay maybe I was a little rude there but still it seems like such a simple explanation to me.

No two Human's in real life are exactly the same as another so it's the same in  this fictional world too.

I personally prefer the G.U.N agents being a little more Anime style since they got that whole Army thing going for them.

Mr Flynn, please do not tap dance through the loop holes. They're fragile, do ballet through them instead.

Yeah, even I have to admit that this "no Classic designs" mandate/guideline thing is needlessly silly. Why is this thing in place when Sega themselves heavily implied that Classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman are the younger versions of their respective Modern selves?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, even I have to admit that this "no Classic designs" mandate/guideline thing is needlessly silly. Why is this thing in place when Sega themselves heavily implied that Classic Sonic, Tails and Eggman are the younger versions of their respective Modern selves?

Technically, Classic Sonic in merchandising is the same age as modern Sonic, 15. That's probably why they don't want those designs (or even the characters being there at all) to indicate the passage of time, they regard the timeline as one perpetually with the characters at one age.

Technically, Classic Sonic in merchandising is the same age as modern Sonic, 15. That's probably why they don't want those designs (or even the characters being there at all) to indicate the passage of time, they regard the timeline as one perpetually with the characters at one age.

So, how does Sonic Generations work?

So, how does Sonic Generations work?

The simple answer is that it was more of a meta birthday and it follows the same rules that Bart having a birthday would do (I think Bart's had at least three despite not increasing from 10).

In canon...uh, birthday means something different?

The simple answer is that it was more of a meta birthday and it follows the same rules that Bart having a birthday would do (I think Bart's had at least three despite not increasing from 10).

In canon...uh, birthday means something different?

So

Sonic Generations isn't canon?

SEGA, you make it really hard for me to hold faith in you.

No, I'm pretty sure it's canon, it just plays loose with its own events.

So after Unleashed, what happens next? Lost World? Although that looks like it may be encompassed in the Unleashed arc. At this point we might as well not call it and Unleashed arc seeing as it has absorbed the storyline of Sonic the Fighters and now a second crossover into it's web.

Or you know they could just retcon it. Its not like the franchise has had its share of contradictions 

So after Unleashed, what happens next? Lost World? Although that looks like it may be encompassed in the Unleashed arc. At this point we might as well not call it and Unleashed arc seeing as it has absorbed the storyline of Sonic the Fighters and now a second crossover into it's web.

Technically, the Unleashed adaptation bit hasn't fully engaged yet. We've had time to set up the crucial elements (Werehog, Chip, Planet split, Gaia Key hunting quest), but the actual adaptational beats won't be covered until after the crossover. That's why the comic has had time to look at other things.

A Lost World adaptation is planned down the pipeline somewhere, but I wouldn't advise Ian to do it right after the Unleashed lot is over.

Or you know they could just retcon it. Its not like the franchise has had its share of contradictions

They could, but they've chosen not to. The thing about classic Sonic's age was drawn from merchandise made within the last year, after Generations came out.

I remember people thinking that in Sonic Generations, Sonic was 20 years old in-universe.