Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I read that more as an example when Relic was talking to Rouge, since she mentions crystalline systems the trolls had and saying that perhaps the computer that controls all the traps on Angel Island might be a similar, intuitive system.

It's always possible the trolls/second great civilization could be connected to Angel Island, but I don't think they've really implied anything there, yet.

kinda strange that a bunch of trolls would build a Carnival City through, it's too modern compared to Launch Base which had large stone tower structures kinda like a castle on a moat, that had to had been Eggman.

In Worlds Unite part 2, the events of Generations are given as the reason a chaos emerald made its way to Mega Man's world in Worlds Collide. Is this actually depicted in a previous comic? 

In Worlds Unite part 2, the events of Generations are given as the reason a chaos emerald made its way to Mega Man's world in Worlds Collide. Is this actually depicted in a previous comic? 

Nope, it's a new retcon of the pre-SGW version of events, where it was the initial Genesis arc aftermath that made it fly off into Mega Man's world. At least, I think it was. 

• Thumbs Up 1

All this talk about retcons on Sonic's side and I'm stuck wondering how the hell to interpret things on Mega Man's side (I'm still split on whether to interpret the events of WC as the future or inbetween Breaking Point and Curse of Ra Moon :U).

So VEDJ, So the new SGW time line is:

Retcon'd Genesis arc -> *unknown stuff happens* -> *Super Genesis Wave happens* -> Retcon'd Worlds Collide -> Sonic 252-272 (and all the universe arcs in-between) -> Worlds Unite.

The "Unknown Stuff" is probably large consisted of Generations, with some other things thrown between Eggman being found and them activating the SGW (like Naugus' takeover of Castle Acorn). 

kinda strange that a bunch of trolls would build a Carnival City through, it's too modern compared to Launch Base which had large stone tower structures kinda like a castle on a moat, that had to had been Eggman.

Um, it's explicitly shown that Wily got him out of the void that he was stuck in in Generations. And it can't still be after Genesis when the Chaos Emeralds were needed to fight the Time Eater (aka the experiment Eggman mentions). 

The "Unknown Stuff" is probably large consisted of Generations, with some other things thrown between Eggman being found and them activating the SGW (like Naugus' takeover of Castle Acorn). 

Nope, it's a new retcon of the pre-SGW version of events, where it was the initial Genesis arc aftermath that made it fly off into Mega Man's world. At least, I think it was. 

OK... so, basically when Super Sonic undid the Time Eater's damage in the rewritten history (which would line up with him undoing the original Genesis Wave in the old one), that's what sent the Chaos Emeralds flying off and the blue one landed in another dimension, aka Mega Man's world?

I suppose I can buy that.

How did the Chaos Emerald get to Mega Man's world in the old continuity? Does this mean there are two separate universes sending the same chaos emerald to Mega Man's world?

Does this mean a version of World Collide occurred in the new Sonic canon? Or is Eggman remembering the old Worlds Collide events in the new canon?

I recall in Back to the Future  there was an alternate timeline that mirrored the effects of an older timeline, thus converging two timelines into one - is that what this whole chaos emerald being flung into Mega Man's world is? Two alternate situations that converge and have the same single outcome?

What is interesting about Generations being the last thing that happened before World's Collide, is that Sonic reveals that the last time he saw Silver the Hedgehog was during the events of Sonic Colors. So at the very least that confirms the comic book version of Sonic Generations didn't happen quite like the game.

Worlds Collide is basically exactly the same in both realities. It's just that instead of altering the reality drastically from the perspective of the narrative, it didn't change it much at all.

huh I wonder if in the new timeline the white zone from sonic generations is were eggman and wily set up the skull egg zone

it would explain how they were able to get stuff from both the sonic and megaman games in one place also as far as naugus

goes i'm going to assume the freedom fighters were dealing with him when the 2nd genesis wave hit "no idea how to explain tails dolls rampaging though "

This really isn't that difficult. Reality altered and now instead of The Blue Emerald winding up in Mega Man's world after Genesis it was after Classic and Modern Super Sonic beat the Time Eater.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly hate those sketch variants. It's just so lazy to me. Instead of at least some really cool artwork, it just removes the colours and finished touches to the actual cover. 

Keep in mind the last Worlds Collide Convention Variant we had was an awesome cover of the 8 Robotized Masters, Eggman and Wily, and Sonic & Mega Man ready to fight (I would link to the actual cover but because of the stupid board being an idiot when it comes from covers from wikis, I can't find any other images of it)

Sonic Comic Origins spoiler time!

Picking up from where the preview pages left off:

Snively claimed he was spying on both the United Federation and the Kingdom of Acorn with his life on the line. While he was over there, he continued his role in assisting Eggman in strip-mining South Island and construction and refinement took place on Westside Island, all in their effort to obtain the Chaos Emeralds and construct the Death Egg. King Acorn caught on to this soon enough, but he was banished to the Special Zone with Naugus before he could act. (Snively claimed he could do nothing to stop it due to being elsewhere, when he was actually by Eggman's side, gloating).

Of course, all this scheming came crashing down primarily thanks to Sonic: he personally destroyed all operations on South Island, while his heroism inspired the Freedom Fighters to rise up and take back Westside Island (we see a shot of the young Freedom Fighters running through Emerald Hill as Sonic and Tails spindash through a loop in the background). In the end, Sonic managed to destroy the Death Egg (as Super Sonic). Finally Snively claimed the reason he didn't return home after was because he had to maintain Eggman's remaining forces on Angel Island and keep them from taking the Master Emerald (what we see in reality is Snively angrily looking on from his wrecked Egg-Robo as Knuckles and Mecha Sonic face-off).

And that's basically it. Snively continues to keep up appearances for G.U.N. while Commander Tower reaffirms he'll continue to keep a close eye on Snively. The story ends with Snively walking away, tearing a photo of Sonic in half...

• Thumbs Up 2

is that fucking robot saiyan armour Master Zik is wearing