Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Aaaw Sonic and Chip on the 277 variant look adorable. The former look like classic a bit too. Overall Hesse did a good job on that cover.

Oh Lupe's back in the comics too. Cool. I never seen Drawloverlala's design of her, but I'll take your guys word for it. Nonetheless I like it.

And I'm going to say that yes they are Komodin. It was the very first thing I thought of the moment I've seen them.

Aaaw Sonic and Chip on the 277 variant look adorable. The former look like classic a bit too. Overall Hesse did a good job on that cover.

Oh Lupe's back in the comics too. Cool. I never seen Drawloverlala's design of her, but I'll take your guys word for it. Nonetheless I like it.

It's really spot on, only real diference is her clothing and lack of gloves.

lupe_by_drawloverlala-d8021rt.png

It's really spot on, only real diference is her clothing and lack of gloves.

She actually has gloves in the variant. Bit of inconsistency from the two artists there.

And to be fair, there's not a whole lot of variations one can do to SEGA-fy that design. Even then, the golden arm bands are symmetrical in the official art, and her face is less Tails + Sally, more Egg Boss Clove. What a co-inkidink said Egg Boss is in the back-up story.

Except the muzzle is sorta-squirrel-like, like Lupe's SatAM design. The similarities are really coincidental of just being derivative of the SatAM design and trying to be in the current Sega style. I actually prefer the new Archie one over Drawloverlala's (no offense :3). Really, though, the old Archie one really just needed more Sega-y proportions. The muzzle is debatable (I personally think that the old style's muzzle fits fine, but I'm not the secret holder of the guidelines of how to design SegaSonic), and I'd prefer the old style, but I like that they're keeping the basic color-style, instead of giving her a new!Antione muzzle.

Though, HECK YEAH, they finally figured out that the cheek mark is a scar and is only on one cheek. That bugged me ever since I was a little kid.

I'm pretty excited for Lupe to return, in any case (and I'm guessing the next mini-arc or whatever will have Dulcy? That's a design I can't wait to see). And, I hope that she has a new incarnation of a pack, something based more off of the SatAM one instead of just trying to expy the old!Archie one. (and for the first time in a while, actually I want both cover versions...)

She actually has gloves in the variant. Bit of inconsistency from the two artists there.

And to be fair, there's not a whole lot of variations one can do to SEGA-fy that design. Even then, the golden arm bands are symmetrical in the official art, and her face is less Tails + Sally, more Egg Boss Clove. What a co-inkidink said Egg Boss is in the back-up story.

She has gloves in Peppers's cover as well. The lighting and coloring don't make it super obvious though.

I really like Lupe's new look! She's definitely not as tall and curvy anymore (thank God) and has much more Sonicy proportions. Can't wait to see what they're doing with Dulcy.

• Thumbs Up 1

yay lupe's back so I now have a reason to look her up on the internet because I know little to nothing about her at all (I really need to start watching the sonic satam episodes more I've only seen a few episodes here and there) as I meanwhile continue to wonder if their might will be a chance that at some point archie comics will re-release the origin storys in a little mini collection at some point

also on a side note we got another mega-man issue #50 preview picture featuring more sonic characters

CHKH2E8W8AESmHG.jpg

Edited by kirby1up
  • Thumbs Up 1

yay lupe's back so I now have a reason to look her up on the internet because I know little to nothing about her at all (I really need to start watching the sonic satam episodes more I've only seen a few episodes here and there) as I meanwhile continue to wonder if their might will be a chance that at some point archie comics will re-release the origin storys in a little mini collection at some point

also on a side note we got another mega-man issue #50 preview picture featuring more sonic characters

CHKH2E8W8AESmHG.jpg

Lupe is or was the head of the Wolf Pack tribe (which will have to have all new members now since Penders created much of the tribe except her because she came from SATAM). She was married with four children. Two of her own and two adopted human girls (which I'm glad doesn't exist anymore because that's just all kinds of weird. Not just the fleas, but living in an outdoor environment would bring all kids of diseases that the canines would be immune to.) Also, I believe she was middle aged. Like around her 40's. She does have a streak of gray hair.

Tyson uploaded his clear version of his cover tumblr_npsk2d24wa1qgbzcro1_1280.png

• Thumbs Up 9

Lupe is or was the head of the Wolf Pack tribe (which will have to have all new members now since Penders created much of the tribe except her because she came from SATAM). She was married with four children. Two of her own and two adopted human girls (which I'm glad doesn't exist anymore because that's just all kinds of weird. Not just the fleas, but living in an outdoor environment would bring all kids of diseases that the canines would be immune to.) Also, I believe she was middle aged. Like around her 40's. She does have a streak of gray hair.

I knew Penders had created Drago, I wasn't aware he created most of the Wolf tribe though. Wow. And I completely forgot about those kids until you mentioned them.

I wonder how much has changed with her then? Or perhaps she'll be closer to her SatAM version, since it sounds like the comic went in its own direction with her in the past.

"Sally and Bunnie hunt down the final Chaos Emerald in Egg Boss Clove's base!"

So after the upcoming Super finale in Worlds Unite, all seven Emeralds go back to the exact places they were before?

That's awfully convenient.

UPDATE

The blue Virtual Hedgehog on the SU#80 cover is saying "WOO!"

I thought the 0's were D's before you said that, so I thought it was literally saying "DIDIIDIDIIDIIDDI"

Which sounds awkward when read out loud.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Sally and Bunnie hunt down the final Chaos Emerald in Egg Boss Clove's base!"

So after the upcoming Super finale in Worlds Unite, all seven Emeralds go back to the exact places they were before?

That's awfully convenient.

Is the crossover actually having any real impact on the story this time? It feels like they're just doing it because they can this time. I don't see how it fits in to the Unleashed arc at all. 

I set myself for disappointment with Lupe thinking they'd actually follow Fang and Fockewulf and the Werehog as basis for the designs, plus don't like SatAM squirrel-face-masks so I'm feeling very blah about that

but it's a divided blah as I do like most of everything else in the design (wish the hair was a bit better integrated)

so I guess as usual with the reboot

bleeeeeeeeh

the babby sonic colours bots are amazing though, even if I still don't like Schlemmer

EDIT: To clarify, the reason I'm so divided is because taken purely as a SEGAfication of the SatAM design, it's actually really good, just wish the hair was more integrated as mentioned

but then I actually prefer the cyclops eye, long muzzle look of the few elements of "wolf" we've actually had in the games, so eeehh. It's purely something on myself, because the design by itself's good.

All covers 

Sonic277.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

Sonic277var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

SonicUniv80.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

great Lupe is baaaack! she looks like a squirrel at the first cover though... but i love it! i can't wait to see Dulcy then!

those little Sonic robots are the cutest things eveeer   *7* eeeehhh!!   heheh :lol:

they look like little baby Shards

That battle variant cover looks like it should be the main cover. Love the artwork on it. Great expressions and Sonic looks like a mash up of classic and modern, love it!!

Lupe being back it a plus, its nice to see her after so long. I hope we see her a bit more often after she's been introduced. The lightning theme is interesting, which Eggboss would be responsible for that? Not our size challenged angry rodent perhaps?

• Thumbs Up 1

The lightning theme is interesting, which Eggboss would be responsible for that? Not our size challenged angry rodent perhaps?

oh!  if thats happends then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM&feature=youtu.be

pikachuThunderbolt! yeah eah eah!  :D    sorry i couldn't help heeheh

it would be nice to see a second round of Thunderbolt and the werehog..

I'm really liking the SONIC STRIKES Logo on the regular cover, though I'll pick the variant with the Unleashed Spinners and Thunder Balls

Here are the previews for the battle books 

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-3.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-4.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-11.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-12.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-21.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-22.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

Here are the previews for the battle books 

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-3.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-4.jpg

MegaManWorldsUniteBattles_1-21.jpg

Whaapapaaaau! i guess then that's Ben bates pencil and colors  at those first pages for sure huh? EDIT oh wait i saw it already! then its for sure! i knew it all along yaaay!

did you see?

tumblr_inline_npu8ciKMqp1tvnwm8_540.png  Eggman's puppy face ?  :lol: ahahha

Edited by Drawloverlala

ChaosJam got part 4, so just copy/pasting spoilers from him.

- Issue starts off with Sigma stating how Sonic and Mega Man's worlds are now uniting. Apparently the unification will give Sigma more control over the Genesis Portals and expand his reach to other worlds. Eggman and Wily are happy to see their plan in action but are concerned since they heroes have met earlier than expected; the were planning on the Roboticized Masters meet back at the Lost Hex base, turn back to normal then face Sigma.

- We get a BEAUTIFUL two page splash of Sonic Man and M'egga Man fighting to the backdrop of their worlds merging together. Their fight continues as they use all their different weapon options on each other.

- As they battle, the Freedom Fighters and the Robot Masters come into contact with each other but both Sally and Proto Man tell their respective teams to not engage the possible threats and instead all work to help the citizens of Mobotropolis and Mega City as the merging is causing city wide chaos.

- As this is happening, X, Axl, Zero and Team Sticks all warp into the city. Sally meets X and they begin to trade information.

- During the chaos at Mega City's Federal Prison, which seems to be merging with Chemical Plant Zone, Xander realizes that his ramblings are finally coming true. Strangely, his cybernetic eye begins to glow with energy. Stating that it may be a side effect of traveling through time, he is surprised when he opens up a Genesis-like, orange colored portal. Claiming he knows where he is going, he steps forward and disappears in it.

- Both Roboticized Masters have had it and attempt to end the other with their signature weapons. However, as Eggman and Wily planned, the heroes are reverted back to normal with lingering warnings from the mad scientists about Sigma.

- Sigma sees the heroes revert back and immediately knows its Eggman and Wily's doing but before he can hurt them they have already run off. Sigma sends Zeena, Zomom and Zik after them.

- Back to normal, Sonic and Mega Man check to see if they are all right. Sonic clearly remembers Mega Man but he has no idea who Sonic is. Before they can talk more, overhead they see a G.U.N. Helicarrier begin merging with the Mega City Government Building. 

- In the sky, Team Dark is shown trying to evacuate everyone on board but the resulting merge makes the ship/building hybrid explode, seemingly kill everyone. In the rubble, Sonic only finds one of Shadow's inhibitor rings and thinks the worse.

- Things calm down and all heroes regroup. Sonic recaps Worlds Collide with Mega Man and they shake hands ready to work together again.

- We are treated to a nice shot of Sonic, Sally and Mega Man speaking to all the Freedom Fighters, Robot Masters, Maverick Hunters and other present heroes. They formulate a plan to stop Sigma. We also learn that Dr. Light, Rotor and Tails have looked at the Unity Engine and, because of it's shield, have no way of shutting it down though they are also unsure what would happen if they could.

- Sigma watches the new army of heroes. He doesn't seem too concerned as they will have trouble finding him not only in this secret lab but the Lost Hex as well. As the Doctors are shown hiding in an Egg Prison room with the Deadly Six closing in, Sigma laughs at the heroes attempts to rally and reveals that all this time he has been building a new robot army of his own.

We are then treated to a second story revolving around Mega Man and X! 

- Mega Man is training in a room getting back up to speed for the fight with Sigma. He stops so Roll can re-calibrate his Mega Buster

- X enters and after Roll finishes repairs on Rock, both sons of Dr. Light decide to train together.

- X realized Rock wasn't built originally for combat and he learns of Rock's life since Dr. Wily. This mostly a flash back of the first 50 issues.

- Rock asks X about why he chose to fight. X explains his background and then we see what happened the day Sigma went Maverick and how X joined Zero as a Maverick Hunter. We get a bit more info, like when X nearly quit but was brought back around thanks to his friends.

- Both robots then discuss their clear connection, with X even saying he has thought about asking Dr. Light to not create him and avoid all of this. Both Rock and Roll discourge him from such an idea and they are happy to know the future is in good hands. Mega Man even calls himself X's big brother.

- Proto Man and Zero then enter together, saying that a meeting has been called with the other heroes and they need to go.

- As they all leave, Mega Man and X ask each other if they ever had to fight the "red guy" and both crack up saying how it's a complicated story.

• Thumbs Up 3