Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Oh, my God Brent McCarthy needs to do more interior work for these books his art is fantastic.

Also I love the Unique description boxes in the Mega Man Vs Deadly 3 story. I'm a little disappointed that Howard Mackie isn't doing the Hunters vs Vile like solicited I was really wanting to see the 90's Ghost Rider Architects take on the X cast. Oh, well.

Haha, crafty bastard that Ian is, thats what you get Paul for thinking you have any control over SEGA and Capcom characters in terms of death.

Haha, crafty bastard that Ian is, thats what you get Paul for thinking you have any control over SEGA and Capcom characters in terms of death.

So something I don't get about the battle books, are they required reading to know whats going on? because from what I assumed from the synopsis they were just a collection of the battles that were already in the in the crossover, but the artstyles suggest these are separate battles not seen in the crossover normally. 

So we see demos of battles in the main book and if we want to see the full fledged fights we have to buy the battle books?!

Damnit they better not pull this crap with the final battle.

Ok, so I haven't been really following news for this crossover, but two questions:

1. When is Mega Man 50/Worlds Unite 4 coming out?

2. What's this 'Worlds Unite Battles' constantly mentioned in the footnotes and when is that releasing?

Ok, so I haven't been really following news for this crossover, but two questions:

1. When is Mega Man 50/Worlds Unite 4 coming out?

2. What's this 'Worlds Unite Battles' constantly mentioned in the footnotes and when is that releasing?

1. Not too sure. I thought it was next Wednesday but the preview hasn't been released for it, so it might even be the Wednesday after that.

2. Mega Man: WUB and Sonic: WUB are two one-off books made to expand some fights that are very short in the main events of Worlds Unite. the Mega Man one is out next Wednesday, the Sonic one is out next month.

Word of warning; both are direct market exclusive.

So something I don't get about the battle books, are they required reading to know whats going on? because from what I assumed from the synopsis they were just a collection of the battles that were already in the in the crossover, but the artstyles suggest these are separate battles not seen in the crossover normally. 

So far the most important element is Silver meeting X and the Hunters and sending them to the Boomverse but even then it can be summed up and you don't really miss anything.

I love Dan but Xander's looking a little bit like his Venkman design.

1. Not too sure. I thought it was next Wednesday but the preview hasn't been released for it, so it might even be the Wednesday after that.

2. Mega Man: WUB and Sonic: WUB are two one-off books made to expand some fights that are very short in the main events of Worlds Unite. the Mega Man one is out next Wednesday, the Sonic one is out next month.

Word of warning; both are direct market exclusive.

I don't know what that is lol [emoji38]

Thanks for the answers, though. Does Archie not give exact dates or something? I noticed that unlike my Marvel Star Wars comics they never have a date on the upcoming issue page.

They do in the comic solicits sometimes...but for one they're from months ago so I'd have to recheck, for another it's Mega Man and not a Sonic book (so part 3 has a next issue preview of part 7, not part 4), and date can be subject to change between solicits and release.

Edit: Solicits says June 17th, so I dunno if Mega Man's preview is just taking longer to come out than WUB.

No. He's a SEGA character. Archie doesn't own him and don't have the permission to kill him, very obviously.

Just as Ian said in the explanation, because everyone should be aware of that.

I don't know if it's the art style or the coloring, but I really love the art here. I mean, some of the Sonic characters look a bit... stiff? Something, though Eggman and Willy look good.

Wasn't really even enthusiastic about the whole second crossover, but it's pretty.

I swear the Sonic cast look perpetually shocked save Tails and Bunnie sometimes.

Who's up for some IPhone quality pictures of Part 4?

IMG_2738_zpsg7qcori0.jpg

IMG_2741_zpsgjcph4e2.jpg

IMG_2742_zpsu4ts9t3f.jpg

IMG_2743_zpsy1d36uzy.jpg

IMG_2744_zps0mjw4byp.jpg

IMG_2746_zpsttds197o.jpg

IMG_2751_zpskwc9yxjm.jpg

e0927521-accf-4fba-9bfb-da8e4440e5e1_zps

7be8d43f-13d6-4c25-bddb-199c0b72be0e_zps

IMG_2758_zpsxalb3ng4.jpg

IMG_2759_zpsotskyrax.jpg

2c8f5828-314c-4082-90ff-b7d996bbae9c_zps

IMG_2763_zpsmlk4ilbt.jpg

IMG_2766_zpsgrbkeoil.jpg

wow.. the art its .... stunning...  :')  so amazing! ..

It's eh. Works better for anything non-Sonic, and the colouring's really starting to grate on me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I swear the Sonic cast look perpetually shocked save Tails and Bunnie sometimes.

This situation would leave ME pretty shocked.

But yeah, facial expressions are kinda iffy.

The coloring is pretty nice at the very least.

It's much better than that Neon colour scheme the characters had when Tracey was drawing the comic between the Genesis Aftermatch and Countdown to Chaos/The Great Chaos Caper.

I don't know, I'd put it in the same category. they looked over saturated there, now they're looking grey and metallic in a way that's genuinely annoying me every time I look at these.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe I also like it for all the light effects. Reminds me of when I was kid watching Star Wars the first time. I sure did love pretty glowy glow swords

I don't know, I'd put it in the same category. they looked over saturated there, now they're looking grey and metallic in a way that's genuinely annoying me every time I look at these.

I agree to an extent. I think the shading at least makes it better than the neon colour scheme. It still isn't as good as the regular comics are and it ruins the rather good art.