Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

So, I know I am bringing up an issue I previously worried about, and was likely the only one to care about... but it still seems as if the Sonic Archives are getting canceled, especially with the new "Get them before they dissapear" line on the ad... this is extremely upsetting.

262o9rd.png

2ljrn1v.png

Ehh? EEEEHHHHHHHHHH? *nudge nudge*

So... I wonder if they'll do this to any of the other characters in the comic.

Of course not, there's not a character they hate more than this. Not even that turtle no one cares about.

By the way, you have quite the neat sign. Could you please tell me where you found it?

So, I know I am bringing up an issue I previously worried about, and was likely the only one to care about... but it still seems as if the Sonic Archives are getting canceled, especially with the new "Get them before they dissapear" line on the ad... this is extremely upsetting.

What? NOOO! All those beautiful covers!

Edited by redmenace

Perhaps I can balance out his influence with the inverse:

Massimo2.jpg

Now he's happy!

And so do I.

By the way...Oh God, Amy was the cutest female Sonic character in my eyes. Oh well, I think this is some kind of caricature thing-

Edited by Franlight

• Sonic News

I beg to differ. Issues 1-100 were classics, based in Sonic's golden age. The cartoons were still airing (during the early issues) and many awesome adaptations came about. Not to mention the Knuckles series and many Super Specials.

Edit: not saying the current stuff is worse than the older stuff, just saying the old issues don't deserve to be called a "god awful era".

As far as I'm concerned, the comic series began to go to crap in the #90s, and didn't really fully recover afterwards until the old creative team finally left. And even before then, the comic's narrative was showing a lot of cracks.

I liked the comic best when Mike Gallagher was still the main writer. He may have written mostly jokey stories, but they were generally entertaining, and he could write serious story-lines when called upon to, as Mecha Madness showed.

• Sonic News

Oh yeah, Mike had way more class then Pender or Bollers in my opinion. The stories he did that had a harder edge to them where pretty nice. #25 and Mecha Madness...

lol, dude, that's a very common line for an ad. Get them before other people buy them. The Archives aren't going anywhere.

Here, archives confirmed for February:

http://www.tssznews.com/2009/10/21/archie-comics-first-look-sth-209-archives-12-universe-12/

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah, Mike had way more class then Pender or Bollers in my opinion. The stories he did that had a harder edge to them where pretty nice. #25 and Mecha Madness...

Yeah, his writing seemed to feel the closest to the DIC cartoons the comic was originally based off of. It was really awkward at first, but over time it started to feel like a decent mix between SatAM and Adventures.

Just caught up.. got SU 9 and 10.. VERY AWESOME save on the Master Emerald.

I got a feeling Locke will be back to settle things with Finitevus, no Guardian goes down that easily

Sonic 206.. thought they were taking it "back" to the Iron Dominion? I think I know whats going to happen..

Snively will hack the shield and Nicole will be compromised, we know that..

Regina will hurt Snively, he'll find a way to get Robotnik up and running again, they'll figure out a way to get Regina .. and we find ourselves at issue 211 in 2010 with a new problem :)

Good reads thou! I like waiting a month+ so I can grab 2 at a time.

Can't wait for the Journey to the East story line, nothing like a good crossover which we haven't seen since Knuckles #13

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Oooh, what's this?

Sonic The Hedgehog Archives Volume 13 (Paperback)

~ Mike Gallagher (Author), Ken Penders (Author), Karl Bollers (Colorist), Kent Taylor (Colorist), Patrick Spaziante (Artist), Sam Maxwell (Artist), Pam Eklund (Inker), Manny Galan (Artist), Nelson Ortega (Artist), Dave Manak (Artist), Art Mawhinney (Artist), Andrew Pepoy (Inker), Jim Amash (Inker), Harvey Mercadoocasio (Inker), Brian Thomas (Artist)

Publisher: Archie Comics (August 4, 2010)

August 2010? That's lame. :/

This should contain issue #49-52, if i'm correct with the numbering.

I think, if we consider the whole cover, the only thing wich can disturb us is not her facial expression (we've already seen since many comics that she's not cute animore in Archie's universe), but the size of her face.

I think, if we consider the whole cover, the only thing wich can disturb us is not her facial expression (we've already seen since many comics that she's not cute animore in Archie's universe), but the size of her face.

Are we looking at the same facial expression here?

262o9rd.png

LOOKS PRETTY DISTURBING TO ME WHATEVER SIZE IT IS

I've said "if we consider the whole cover". If we only concentrate on Amy, whatever Archie did with her, you're absolutely right: she's more frightening than Rosie the Rascal form the Antivers.

Hey, I realize this is quite off topic, but today I started reading the Fleetway Archie comics. I just finished issue 19, and I just wanted to know... when is the comic supposed to get good? It's been pretty much complete shit to this point, with only some nice coloring offsetting the worse-than-penders dialogue and usually terrible line art. Tails sidestory is a little interesting, I'll admit, but I'd almost skipped over it because it's at the end of the book (and I'm only reading the Sonic comics, not the other ones).

So, when would you say the comic became interest? I'm meaning when did the writing get good, the plot become existent (beyond stealing the concept freedom fighter concept of SatAM before the show had even aired), and Sonic actually resemble Sonic for more than once per page? I hear so much praise for the comic, and I'm sure it SOME of it must be justified, but I'm not willing to slog through this muck of a beginning any longer.

Hahaha; yes, it's fair to say that the early stuff was... not great. I still remember considering writing to STC to explain all the many reasons why Issue #4 was the worst thing I'd ever read. Good times.

Urr... when Richard Elson starts drawing the main story arcs, it gets good. Earliest one I remember is the Sonic CD adaptation around issue #25.

Hey, I realize this is quite off topic, but today I started reading the Fleetway Archie comics. I just finished issue 19, and I just wanted to know... when is the comic supposed to get good? It's been pretty much complete shit to this point, with only some nice coloring offsetting the worse-than-penders dialogue and usually terrible line art. Tails sidestory is a little interesting, I'll admit, but I'd almost skipped over it because it's at the end of the book (and I'm only reading the Sonic comics, not the other ones).

So, when would you say the comic became interest? I'm meaning when did the writing get good, the plot become existent (beyond stealing the concept freedom fighter concept of SatAM before the show had even aired), and Sonic actually resemble Sonic for more than once per page? I hear so much praise for the comic, and I'm sure it SOME of it must be justified, but I'm not willing to slog through this muck of a beginning any longer.

Maybe it's just not for you.

LOL at EVERYONE saying the new cover for 210 sucks. I LOVVVVVVE IT! The old one not being used was BORING! Add to the fact the sonic was "floating" in midair for NO reason. I don't care if he's not 'posed to be actually "there" it looks stupid. amy, Jeff, and Ant look too small and randomly place. The new one everyone is crying about is a MUCH better cover, as things feel more RIGHT. So the fuck what Amy's looking a bit crazed. She's in a fight for god sakes. Who looks or tries to look, "CUTE" in a fucking fight? Seriously? Thats just me. I love the crazed amy cover.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Dear god, that cover and Indigo's avatar reminds me of one of my old horrible flash animations I wish could forget about.

Heh, its been about a decade since I read it, but the Fleetway issue where Sonic gets trapped inside a fake oxygen bubble completely enticed me as a child, that was such a clever story (though i'm probably wrong because its been 10 years xD). Also the issue where Mighty throws Espio into a dartboard.

Just got Universe #10. Pretty entertaining issue. Especially the part with

Super Ray!

Seeing as the policy has been pretty much(With occasional exceptions) "Action, but no romance" for the past three or four years, I'm glad to see the whole Sally x Ken thing starting to break the "no hugging no kissing" status quo.

Is it an impression of mine, or Amadeus looks...kinda different?

So...was Armand the name of Antoine's father?

I'm liking the direction of where this issue is going so far and glad to see James Fry and De Liz back at penciling. But man, that's a lot of preview pages than usual. They're almost giving the whole story away.

Is it an impression of mine, or Amadeus looks...kinda different?

So...was Armand the name of Antoine's father?

Amadeus is Tail's father. Armand died in Sonic #165? I think.