Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

>Mama Robotnik

>fucking Captain N Mega Man

>even the speech bubble has to squeeze in

>self awareness

I love that Off Panel.

And yeah, I figured Shadow Man was being phony when he went over Dr. Light's side.

• Thumbs Up 1

>Mama Robotnik

>self awareness

I love that Off Panel.

And yeah, I figured Shadow Man was being phony when he went over Dr. Light's side.

Lol, if they think the crossover is cramped now.....hohoho.

Just the calm before the storm pretty much, I like that Nicole was talking with Tempo about her emotions she's developing and Tails having a fascination with Wily's Robot Masters and Eggy getting a little jealous.

Also Sticks thinking that Sport's Tape gives Sonic power, lol

There is something wrong with me.

First thing I thought of when I saw Xander and Sticks talkjng conspiracy cases was, "Oh, lord, here comes the shipping."

Don't deny it. You know it's gonna happen. lol

Oh wow, I actually got a Worlds Unite issue first for once! Neat! Time for some peeks! (Mucho character interaction ahead!):

2i725w5.jpg

24e6m95.jpg

2rhbju9.jpg

14xdvtw.jpg

30961dh.jpg

2vv5i1j.jpg

2a9nnk5.jpg

rwth79.jpg

2nby78i.jpg

3to4h.jpg

ipp2c3.jpg

nq68li.jpg

2qbzwnc.jpg

9vdvr5.jpg

6gir9y.jpg

29kqruv.jpg

2h5s3dy.jpg

Spoilers to follow later! Enjoy! :)

Umm...that great and all, but you're showing WAAY too many pages for a sneak preview. It's okay for one or two pages or a panel here and there, but what you're showing here is a bit too much of the book.

That said...

I love that Sticks likes Xander because he's a fellow conspiracy nut. Although he's even crazier than she is.

Things are bad enough that Wily and Eggman are more than willing to be incarcerated and work with Mega Man and Sonic.

This crossover is actually the most I've enjoyed of Sticks. It's really helped bring out the fun traits of her character.

...Huh? Brand consistency again or something?

Maybe since the blue arms jokes have gotten a more negative context (Chris-Chan at Gamestop, etc) they felt like it wasn't worth it?

Oh god. "Crowded" is a MAJOR understatement for this crossover, and we're just getting started.

That said, it is getting interesting. I'll give it that much.

Hey guys, do you want more background info on the crossover? Well, have more than that.

To address some early rumblings I've seen floating around: My original pitch for the crossover had Sigma and the Deadly Six as the "big bads" of the entire arc.  My reasoning was that MMX was the new franchise to the party, so Sigma would be the representative.  Since Sonic Boom didn't have any iconic villains (and Boom!Eggman was unavailable to us), the Deadly Six would be the reps for the Sonic side.  While our heroes battled the new villainous force, Eggman and Wily would be reunited, the epic bromance rekindeled, and their subplot would wind humorously in the background and lead to the conclusion.

Then-editor Paul Kaminski felt the story needed a more "human element," and he felt Xander would provide that perspective.  I didn't agree that the crazy technophobe was all that relatable, but it ultimately played into my plans long-term plans.*  I thought I could keep his involvement small and off to the side.

We went back-and-forth over Xander's inclusion probably more than any other element in the crossover.  To illustrate my point, I did one draft that showed Xander was getting more page time than the principle cast.  That's when I finally got the chance to whittle down Xander's presence.  And to make the Xander/Eggman/Wily subplot work, I had to cut precious page time in other places.

In retrospect, I probably should've let go of my earlier ideas and made the Deadly Six more of a surprise cameo than a feature.  It would've sped up the opening a fair bit.  But we still get some fun moments from it, and at the end of the day, it's an enjoyable ride.

*which is to say Xander becomes importantly expendable when Wily takes over in Mega Man 6, and his legacy becomes a small handful of nutbars in 21XX.

Eedeet:

[...]Lyric was off-limits too.

• Thumbs Up 1

As fun as Xander is, I have to agree with Ian. He isn't very relatable. At least not in comparison to the main Megaman and Sonic cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

>Mama Robotnik

>self awareness

I love that Off Panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpUBG_hQrc

Mega Hi! But you know what this means: Valiant Comics predicted that Captain N Mega Man would be seen in print, someday. Back then, the N-Team of the Comics consisted of Princess Lana, Captain N, Kid Icarus, and Samus Aran, instead of Mega Man and Simon Belmont.

Fresh spoilers!

After the events of the preview, X fills everyone in on Sigma's whole dealio. Sonic asks how they can even "plan" anything against him considering they don't know where exactly he is or what kind of firepower he's packing, but he's interrupted by Eggy, Wily, and Xander warping in. The baddies are automatically locked up (Sonic making a funny comment about having to apologize to Tails and Rotor for thinking a brig for the Sky Patrol was unnecessary), but then the Docs reveal that they were just prisoners of Sigma and know every piece of information they'll need to stop him. However, they won't share any of it unless they're made equal partners and let out of jail. Rock is hesitant (Thanks to the whole Gamma debacle), but Sonic is more accepting ("Wouldn't be the first time I've had to team up with him for the greater good.") and X simply agrees to their terms without hesitation, apologizing to Rock that they'll need every advantage they can get. Sonic then comforts the Blue Bomber by reassuring him that with an airship full of heroes, they'll have LOTS of eyes on them. The Doctors ask if Xander's going to join them, but he stays in the brig, waiting for "destiny" to call him. (The Docs thinking he's nuts.) The Docs are let out and Sonic immediately pins the Roboticized Master debacle on them, to which they confess, but say they only did it because Sigma forced them. Sonic then asks what exactly the Unity Engines are for to which the Doctors reveal that since one world would be consumed too quickly, Sigma fused the two together to create a massive battery of power that's fed to him through a "master engine." He then plans on doing the same again and again to even more worlds, gaining enough power to eventually evolve into more than just a Reploid, but a GOD. Sonic suggests that with such a dire situation on the rise, they should get a move on and punch in Siggy's coordinates.

The Heroes prepare for a battle in a montage-like fashion. Sonic and Rock grab lunch for everyone (E-Tanks for the robots and Chili Dogs for the organics, much to Sally's chagrin) while talking a bit about their first meeting, Sticks drops a few Boom counterpart jokes and hangs out with Xander, Eggy, Rotor, and Tails prepare the Sky Patrol while Wily admires Zero, Tempo and Nicole have a conversation about feelings, Comedy Chimp runs afoul of Break Man, Tails fanboys over Wily's Robot Masters (Making Eggy jealous), X tries and fails to contact Signas and Alia, but after explaining their importance to his regular missions to Sally, she volunteers herself, Nicole, Cream, and Roll to act as his new temporary navigators, Zero compares blades with Antoine, Wily has a shady moment with Shadow Man, and all the while, Sigma prepares his forces, resurrecting a fully-controlled Chill Penguin. After he does so, though, Zavok informs him that they've been discovered. Sigma is frustrated by this and commands him to gather the rest of the six and take control of his forces to keep the Sky Patrol at bay for now. He then says that Chill Penguin and many, MANY others will finish them off. The issue ends with the heroes arriving and beginning their assault on Siggy's forces.

Enjoy! :)

• Thumbs Up 3

Chill Penguin better hope he's not fighting in a area with walls or else he's not going to be of much help to the Sigma Masters.

Another sneak peek!

CISnHpaWwAAmBX4.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Mega Man's face is a bit weird?

Also that art style in issue 77 is really weird on the Sonic characters, except Sticks and the Mega Man characters.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it might be a new artist for either book? But I didn't have a serious issue with the new ish, other than it being setup; it had some nice character interactions, even if it was all too brief.

I enjoyed this issue, especially the characters interactions. Sticks and Xander were really funny:

b5731dff5c8fb75d547039f451c7d84f.jpg

From one nutcase to another xP

I also liked Willy's expressions while Tails was admiring the Robots Masters' designs, and Willy asked Eggman if he were jealous (maybe a little, haha). And there were also the banter between Antoine and Zero, comparing their sabers.

Bonus points to the off panel for being so self-aware [emoji13].

Got Part 6! (Along with Part 2 AT LAST!) Peeks ahoy!

106j7dx.jpg

259z510.jpg

zj8k7m.jpg

33cvlnb.jpg

ioptmc.jpg

ws4761.jpg

2zqyezs.jpg

99qge8.jpg

Full spoilers coming soon! Enjoy!

I'm bloody loving that team roster page!

But where is it meant to be in relation to the cover and first page? It looks like there's a page behind it. Is it not on the inside of the front cover?

I'm bloody loving that team roster page!

But where is it meant to be in relation to the cover and first page? It looks like there's a page behind it. Is it not on the inside of the front cover?

It is behind the recap page, so if we don't count the inside cover it's page 2, while the story starts on page 3

It is behind the recap page, so if we don't count the inside cover it's page 2, while the story starts on page 3

So wait...

Front cover

Inside front cover: recap

Page 1: ???

Page 2: Roster

Page 3: Beginning of story

What's on page one? Or has the recap been moved back to page 1 for this issue?

looks like Sticks encountered Chun Li.

Heh figures the Street fighter world is first, they are ALWAYS the first ones to crossovers.