Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

looks like Sticks encountered Chun Li.

Heh figures the Street fighter world is first, they are ALWAYS the first ones to crossovers.

Especially with... THIS. Please, take a look.

I say Sakurai should add in Sticks the Badger!

But from the looks of it, I think Chun-Li takes her to her leader:

"Colonel William Guile, one of the greatest martial artists in the world, travels the global tournament circuit, using it to conceal his top secret mission as leader of an elite group of international crime fighters, known only by their code name: Street Fighter!! The heroic Man-Beast, Blanka; hard-kicking fighting machine, Chun-Li; and the team of the most amazing warriors ever seen have joined forces with Guile to combat the criminal empire of Shadaloo, and its superhuman leader, Bison. They have their own code of honor: Discipline, Justice, Commitment, and together they will triumph against the forces of evil. Street Fighter!"

So wait...

Front cover

Inside front cover: recap

Page 1: ???

Page 2: Roster

Page 3: Beginning of story

What's on page one? Or has the recap been moved back to page 1 for this issue?

Front Cover

Checklist

Page 1: Recap

Page 2: Roster

Page 3: Beginning of Story.

SonicBoom_09-0.jpg

SonicBoom_09-4.jpg

SonicBoom_09-5-6-630x484.jpg

SonicBoom_09-7.jpg

SonicBoom_09-8.jpg

Really glad that FB and CC are gone since they really didn't add anything to this. Sticks being here is fine since I actually think she adds something 

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, the art is really lacklustre in this crossover, that's such a shame. Why is there literally not a single background on any of those pages?

Am I the only one who thinks the artwork is really off? Character faces look really off proportion.

It's a shame considering how good the artwork was in Worlds Collide (The exception being Tracey's Mega Man characters)

I think it's hilarious that the Boom civilians just flat-out run away.  The Boom element of the crossover is just so firmly in self-parody territory.

• Thumbs Up 1

Time for the full skinny!

After the events of the preview, the battle goes on as Sticks chases Fastidious and Comedy around in the background.

Back on the Sky Patrol, the navigators provide assistance to the ground team while Nicole keeps an eye on Wily and Eggy. Speaking of the Docs, Wily says that he's noted where the escape pods are in case they need to make a quick exit to head back to the master engine on Lost Hex. However, they're not deserting yet, as they need the unified army to push on and get as close as they can to Lost Hex first. (Plus, by helping arm the Sky Patrol, Eggy gets the satisfaction of Sonic owing him one.)

After Antoine takes down a huge dragon Mechaniloid, the Deadly Six enter the fray. After realizing that they pack more of a punch, X tells the navigators to have everyone avoid them and focus on the Mechaniloids for now. Meanwhile, Sigma is resurrecting more Mavericks while the battle rages on. (Including Agile, Armored Armadillo, Bamboo Pandamonium, Burn Rooster, Ride Boarski, Double, and Mattrex.)

Back to the battle again, Fastidious and Comedy duck inside the Sky Patrol and shut the door behind them, Sticks furiously pounding on it. She raises a stink about being ignored in their plan, but returns to the battle after being reminded that she DOESN'T want to leave. She rushes at Zomom, but he knocks her away and off of the Sky Patrol. She yells for assistance, but no one saw or heard her. She then finds salvation in a stray Genesis Portal, which she cannonballs right into, winding up in a new universe where she meets a character with a familiar-looking shadow and "funky bracelets."

Back to the brawl, the heroes finish off the rest of the Mechaniloids and converge on the Deadly Six. After some combo attacks (Including a double Mega Buster wave), the Six are incapacitated. After noticing their glowy eyes (And giving Zero a negative on finishing them off), X tries to reason with them to surrender and free themselves from Sigma's control. The Six refuse to surrender and the issue ends with all of the robots falling to their control.

Enjoy!

• Thumbs Up 5

Yeah, some of those panels are looking pretty off.  Kind of gives me James Fry vibes with some faces.  What I'm wondering is the Deadly Six's continued involvement.  All the solicits for the third act don't mention them at all, so maybe they're freed and decide to disappear until Lost World comes along?

Ugh. "Sonic's World". "Sonic Boom World".

Why the hell cant SEGA allow their planets to have names? They dont even have to be Mobius or Earth; just something.

Ironically, in this context calling it Sonic's World makes complete sense, since this is a crossover with multiple worlds.

Personally I think it's a non-issue even outside of the crossover since in natural dialogue people are just going to call their own planet "the world / our world" instead of "Earth" anyway. The bit in Colours where Eggman said Sonic's World was silly, but I don't see the problem with calling the place Sonic's World in, for example, the comic's recap / cast page.

Ironically, in this context calling it Sonic's World makes complete sense, since this is a crossover with multiple worlds.

Personally I think it's a non-issue even outside of the crossover since in natural dialogue people are just going to call their own planet "the world / our world" instead of "Earth" anyway. The bit in Colours where Eggman said Sonic's World was silly, but I don't see the problem with calling the place Sonic's World in, for example, the comic's recap / cast page.

That's because it's NOT Earth! It's a planet not unlike Earth, with all the distinct atmospheric conditions of Earth, and could very well be an ALTERNATE Earth! It could be named "Planet Bob," for all we know, and you can't just call a planet "Bob." It might as well hint that Human Near-Extinction DID happen, and mutation bombs sped up animal evolution in parts! Sonic's planet HAS no name, so just make like Final Fantasy VII, and call it "The Planet."

I actually kind of like the art. Not as much as Dan Shoening but I'm still not seeing what's so awful about it.

Also I love that Chun Li is introduced Thigh first. That tickles me to no end.

You don't see what's so awful about the lack of backgrounds in total? The characters are fine-ish, but everything else becomes incredibly bland. Surely there's a midway point between too much background distracting from the action and everyone fighting in a blue void :P Like yeah, it's atop the Skypatrol, so how about detailing more how the surface of the Skypatrol is, maybe some bolts and all? How about adding clouds and a sun?

• Thumbs Up 1

You don't see what's so awful about the lack of backgrounds in total? The characters are fine-ish, but everything else becomes incredibly bland. Surely there's a midway point between too much background distracting from the action and everyone fighting in a blue void :P Like yeah, it's atop the Skypatrol, so how about detailing more how the surface of the Skypatrol is, maybe some bolts and all? How about adding clouds and a sun?

I seriously didn't even notice until you pointed it out. Yeah okay I can see the issue there.

Hey guys, do you want more background info on the crossover? Well, have more than that.

Eedeet:

And to cap it all off, a full confirmation that the other main Boom cast were off-limits for the crossover too, not just the villains.

Thats so odd. They wouldn't allow the cast(with the exception of Sticks) of a brand that they are heavily pushing to be involved but yet they would allow franchises that they pretty much don't care about. I don't SEGA at times I know it'll probably make sense from all 3 company's perspective but from what I'm seeing its just a "...wut?"

Probably that good ol' go to reasoning of brand confusion at work. They want main Sonic to have one image, so mixing it up with his Boom self is a no go (and it's getting off lightly compared to most of the other alternate media branches). On the other hand, how likely is it for kids to confuse Sonic with, say, Golden Axe?

is looking pretty nice!

at the United Army.. at Sonic's world characters

i guess Nicole is the only one who needs a Sonic channel style picture :D

Edited by Drawloverlala

Probably that good ol' go to reasoning of brand confusion at work. They want main Sonic to have one image, so mixing it up with his Boom self is a no go (and it's getting off lightly compared to most of the other alternate media branches). On the other hand, how likely is it for kids to confuse Sonic with, say, Golden Axe?

OR, there could be something else at work, like a Crossover game between Sonic Boom and Mainstream Sonic, that could act as a sequel to Sonic Generations, and it would add in Classic Sonic, and an evolved form of the Time Eater.

Brand Confusion is the most probable reason. A kid may know the difference between Boom and Modern, but to an adult buying something for their child, if it says Sonic, that's good enough for them. It makes some sense from that perspective I guess.

is looking pretty nice!

at the United Army.. at Sonic's world characters

i guess Nicole is the only one who needs a Sonic channel style picture :D

I wouldn't even say the ones the FFs got are even Sonic Channel style, they look more like the Adventure style to me. And even with the alterations, they seem very beta-ish and out of date (probably because the art was done back when the details were being finalised), so they should really get an update somewhere along the line.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're still dealing with drama on their redesigns post-WC. It'd be one large headache all over again; I'd say wait another 3 or so years.

I've see a very vocal few bemoan the fact that Sally wears friggin shorts now of all things.

I wouldn't even say the ones the FFs got are even Sonic Channel style, they look more like the Adventure style to me. And even with the alterations, they seem very beta-ish and out of date (probably because the art was done back when the details were being finalised), so they should really get an update somewhere along the line.