tumblr_nqq3btNE4v1tlfjtro1_540.jpg

SONIC SUPER DIGEST #14

Script: Various
Art: Various
Cover: Tyson Hesse
On Sale Date: 11/4
128-page, full color comic
$4.99 U.S.

Get ready for fun & adventure—it’s Sonic Super Digest! Don’t miss all the classic fun and adventure you love in stories from the comics’ 20+ year history as Sonic and his friends embark on daring adventures, face evil villains and save the day one chili dog at a time! Spin into the fun that only Archie Comics and Sonic Super Digest can bring! Featuring awesome cover art from Tyson Hesse and story & art from the biggest names in Sonic comics history!

Sonic278.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1Sonic278var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #278

Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Adam Bryce Thomas, Evan Stanley, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel
Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #278 CVR A Reg: Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin, Elaina Unger
Sonic the Hedgehog #278 CVR B Variant: Rafa Knight
On Sale Date: 11/11
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

SONIC's planet-wide chase CONTINUES! "Face of the Enemy" Part One: Sonic, Antoine and Big head to Shamar to rescue another Gaia Key Guardian! They're calling in the reinforcements and getting some help from the local Freedom Fighters-but will that really be enough to get past the fearsome Egg Army? Then, in "Hidden Costs" Part Two: Get ringside seats to Bunnie vs. Cassia. It's the can't-miss Cyborg fight of the century! Featuring cover art by jamming Jamal Peppers and a "Maniacal" variant By CG artist Rafa Knight!

SonicUniv81.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1SonicUniv81var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

SONIC UNIVERSE #81

Art: Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #81 CVR A Reg: Tracy Yardley & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #81 CVR B Variant: Adam Bryce Thomas, Terry Austin & Steve
Downer
On Sale Date: 10/28
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S

SILVER FIGHTS for his FUTURE in "The Silver Age" Part 3: Silver is at the mercy of the heartless council, but their cold nature is nothing compared to the evil then unleash! Gold's mysterious past is now revealed, as well as how it's tied to the current calamity. Will it be up to Silver to save his future once again? Featuring cover art by long-time Sonic Comic artist, Tracy Yardley and a "To the Future" variant by newcomer Adam Bryce Thomas!

That Sonic Super Digest has the best image. Reminds me of one of the Game Gear Sonic covers. (Sonic Chaos/Sonic & Tails 1 cover, I think?)

Worlds_Unite_vol1.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

SONIC/MEGA MAN: WORLDS UNITE VOL. 1: DEADLY FUSION 1 (TR)

Script: Ian Flynn, Various
Art: Dan Schoening, Tracy Yardley, Ben Bates, Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin,
Jack Morelli, Rachel Deering, Luis Antonio Delgado & Elaina Unger
Cover:Patrick "Spaz" Spaziante
978-1-62738-998-3
$14.99/$16.99 CAN
6 5/8 x 10 3/16"
TR
136 pp, Full Color
Direct Market On-Sale Date: 11/4

The sequel to the record-shattering Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man crossover is here! You saw what happened when "Worlds Collide," now brace yourself for when WORLDS UNITE! Dark forces have come together in the far future! The vicious conqueror, Sigma, has cheated death again and escaped the justice of X and the Maverick Hunters. He's crossed space and time to join forces with Zavok and the malicious Deadly Six of Lost Hex! Sonic and Mega Man could save us-but they've gone missing! Now the Freedom Fighters of Sonic's world and the Robot Masters of Mega Man's world must take up the fight to save their heroes and stop the coming tide of darkness! WORLDS UNITE features guest appearances by the cast of SONIC BOOM, MEGA MAN X and some of CAPCOM and SEGA's biggest stars! This volume collects WORLDS UNITE parts 1-4 from Sonic Universe #76, Sonic Boom #9, Sonic the Hedgehog #273, Mega Man #50 and selections from Mega Man: Worlds Unite Battles #1.

Sonic-Saga-Series-vol9.jpg?w=630&cdnnode

SONIC SAGA SERIES 9: THE EGGMAN WARS (TR)

Art: Tracy Yardley, Renae Deliz, Jim Amash, Tery Austin, John Workman,
Teresa Davidson, Matt Herms, Jason Jensen & Josh Ray
Cover: Tracy Yardley
978-1-62738-996-9
$12.99/$14.99 CAN
6 5/8 x 10 3/16"
TR
104 pp, Full Color
Direct Market On-Sale Date: 11/18

The SONIC SAGA graphic novel series returns! This volume is all out WAR! Dr. Eggman's forces have grown thin and his city is destroyed. It's time to strike! Sonic leads the Freedom Fighters and the Chaotix in a high-speed blitz to liberate the world! But Dr. Eggman's army
won't go down without a fight-or will they? Even as the dust settles, a new conflict threatens to blaze up out of the ashes! What is the Iron Dominion, and is their fearsome might too much for Sonic to handle? And what role does Dr. Eggman's lackey, Snively, play in all this? It's all action and intrigue in this latest installment of the SONIC SAGA SERIES! Collects select stories from Sonic the Hedgehog #s 199-202.

• Thumbs Up 8

Eh, I actually like Gold's design (obviously, she's the taller-by-comparison yellow hedgehog in the cloak thing or whatever it's called-- poncho, I think?).

Though I am intrigued by just who the heck she is...

Apparently Gold the Hedgehog has two separate eyes instead of a mono-eye like all other Sonic-style hedgehogs.

That really bothers me x_X

Where does it say she's a hedgehog?

Well, nowhere, but she has quills similar to most hedgehogs we've seen over the course of the franchise, so assumptions were bound to be likely.

Damnit Archie, I hate your fucking variants but that Back to the Future variant looks so fucking good.

On the other hand, seeing the Mega Man solict makes me extremely sad about the hiatus.

Not up to snuff on my zoology and/or Sonic lore, but may I ask what a tenrec is?

A poor mans Hedgehog as far as this fanbase is concerned (even though from a zoologic perspective, they are pretty far removed from Hedgies)

Think of em like shrews or moles, that could pass off as a hedgehog at a glance. Spines tend to do that.

Not up to snuff on my zoology and/or Sonic lore, but may I ask what a tenrec is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenrec

Basically, they're small insectivores, native to Madagascar and parts of Africa, that (due to convergent evolution) can resemble a number of other insectivores, including hedgehogs and shrews.

As long as it's not another Hedgehog, that's fine with me, seriously that's becoming as annoying as Shotoclones in Street fighter.

I can't read any of those solicits on mobile. It's just white on white. D:

I sent you a PM. 

I didn't know whether to post the solicits here again, or just to do the PM, but went with the latter since I didn't want to seem like I was clogging up the topic... Uhh... Yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm digging her design, much more interesting than Silver. Tho this is coming from someone that generally loathes Silver. To be fair tho his charactization in the comics is a lot better than in the games. I'm actually interested to see this arc through now between her and the good blue doctor :P

Would have been a nicer touch if she was a Mink, as a nod to Silvers original design and bio before they decided to change him into yet another Hedgehog >.<

Tho I'm impressed with the animal choices in the comics lately. Nice variety rather than just using the stock standard animals over and over, even if it is a hedgehog derivative.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really liking the sound of this Silver Age story.  Find it somewhat funny they actually made a character named Gold really.  I swear if they call someone Bronze it'll have to be in an off panel.  I can already imagine it :P

Nice to know that we can finally find out about Gold's mysterious past.

Now if we could just find out about Gold's mysterious entire existence before this solicit, that would be dandy.