Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I don't disagree with any of your suggestions, but I'dve put the lead story from Sonic Live and the Image crossover as an interchangable #1 & #2 myself, if only for it's authorial intent, let alone their qualities in art/story.

Sonic Boom Vol 2 contains issues 5-7 and 11, (since 9-12 is a part of Worlds Unite)

SonicBoomvol2.jpg

I don't disagree with any of your suggestions, but I'dve put the lead story from Sonic Live and the Image crossover as an interchangable #1 & #2 myself, if only for it's authorial intent, let alone their qualities in art/story.

To be fair, aren't those a single issue each? Wouldn't fit on a top 5 arc list.

After the reveal of the last set of covers and solicits, I was reminded of something from about a month ago, before the solicits of #277 and SU#80 were out;

Also I accidentally the recon. I was only in there for a good natter, but you take what you get I suppose. Nothing too earth shattering.

-Sounds like there's a new character to be introduced in the Silver Age. 

-Cassia and Clove arc potentially? Although the specifics of a timescale and placement aren't known.

-The SIlver Age will apparently have lots of Silver doing the Charlie Brown scream. Sounds like this is going to be a pretty light-hearted arc.

-If there are any plans for Mighty and his group, they've not been laid on the table yet.

Just to run through the list without spoilers without spoilers as to where these tidbits are now.

-New character is most definitely in the Silver Age. One that's making a storm on the news page, sheesh!

-The Cassia and Clove arc appears to be Hidden Costs, probably a 2-parter.

-While this arc doesn't seem so light-hearted any more, there are those little robots that'll probably be up to enough antics for Silver to be frustrated.

-And no Mighty and Ray stuff has been shown yet so I guess that makes the last bit true by proxy.

Strange how quick that got resolved.

• Thumbs Up 2

For this new artist who's been doing the last couple issues...

You are okay, but I think you should've stuck to non-event comic issues. I can't blame the guy for not being a Bates, Peppers or Yardley, but... it feels the crossover is kjnda lacking a bit more of that artistic OOMPH. If you know what I'm trying to say.

I'm guessing that Archie wants to avoid another Peppers incident, but still.

I'm guessing that Archie wants to avoid another Peppers incident, but still.

During the act of worlds collide Jamel got tragically ill(He's a lot better now don't worry) so Ryan Jampole had to finish up part 4 of worlds collide for him which is why the art for part 4 was a bit jarring 

Peppers was doing the first 4 issues of the crossover but became ill and Jampole had to fill in in issue 4.

I don't think this has anything to do with it though, or even with the artist himself choosing anything. Kaminski wanted big-names for the big crossover, these are big IDW and Udon names, bam.

They should have kept to the artists who have experience with this art. The first arc of the crossover was good, but dragged down by the colours. The Mega Man Battles issue was jarring with the artists, and this new arc just looks off.

Anything else, other than

Chun-Li's Interrogation with Sticks, or even the fact that it acknowledges the Street Fighter Cartoon's continuity, by having her leader be Guile?

why did they even bother introducing cream

does Ian really love the old SatAM "Sally doesn't let Tails DO SHIT" moments that much

Can we just rename this crossover to ''Sonic & Mega Man characters fight for a while''? 

I'm honestly not sure if Worlds Unite is living up to Worlds Collide, the art is much more meh than the first crossover, and so far, it feels like the majority of issues is just massive fight scenes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

why did they even bother introducing cream

does Ian really love the old SatAM "Sally doesn't let Tails DO SHIT" moments that much

The only highlight of these pages is Big’s bear hug.

Everyone looks stiff as hell, Mega Man only looks mildly inconvenienced at what’s happening, and why is Tails just randomly floating in the background?

• Thumbs Up 2

The only highlight of these pages is Big’s bear hug.

Everyone looks stiff as hell, Mega Man only looks mildly inconvenienced at what’s happening, and why is Tails just randomly floating in the background?

She's a six-year old little girl. Logically, she shouldn't be involved at all.

If anything, I'd see Cream not getting involved because she personally doesn't like getting into ruckuses unless it really calls for it. Then again, that's more game line.

Other random observations.

-Yeah, it's unfortunate this has already been done in Iron Dominion (Bunnie's panel especially draws up memories), although it's interesting to see that, judging by this, the Deadly Six's control doesn't extend to purely electronic beings like Nicole as they can only control mechanical function. Still, probably would have rendered Regina's technomagey stuff a lot less potent if she hadn't been wiped out prior.

-Goddamnit Snake Man.

-So the set-up was dragging but pretty, and now we have what's supposed to be the focus but it still feels dragging and isn't pretty? Ehhh...