Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

How is it odd? Capcom hold the license, of course it's them who have to allow or not.

Hypothetical scenario. Archie only got the license for these characters for one issue each. Capcom was then gentle enough to allow Archie to hint at them beforehand to set up their presence, but without actually using them since that's not what they agreed on.

Yeah, but it just seems odd that Capcom would withhold the license until a certain point in the arc. I mean currently, one of the biggest pacing issues is it feels like these characters are coming in too little too late.

It's probably monetary.  Using all of these characters is costing them money to license each one, so they want to license them for as few issues as possible.  The shadowy figures circumvent that; since they aren't truly anyone yet, no cash has to change hands.

Edit: That's Archie licensing them from Capcom, I mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

If it weren't for the mandates, we could've had Sticks return to HER world, try to convince her friends to go with her to save the other Sonic, and she would be sent to a mental institution, while Boom Eggman decides to go to the new world himself, and team up with his counterpart, and RUIN everything, and get Eggman Prime and Wily captured! It would then point out that Eggman Prime NEVER DID like working with other versions of himself (See Sonic Rush and Sonic Generations). Maybe have Boom Eggman call the other "EggBelly!" and Eggman Prime call Boom Eggman "Egghead!" And as Fastidious and Comedy Chimp return, they state that Sticks dragged them into it, and they hear the story from them, and realize Sticks is right, and Da Boom Crew demands Sticks be let go from the Institution, and they meet the counterparts.

If it weren't for the mandates, we could've had Sticks return to HER world, try to convince her friends to go with her to save the other Sonic, and she would be sent to a mental institution, while Boom Eggman decides to go to the new world himself, and team up with his counterpart, and RUIN everything, and get Eggman Prime and Wily captured! It would then point out that Eggman Prime NEVER DID like working with other versions of himself (See Sonic Rush and Sonic Generations). Maybe have Boom Eggman call the other "EggBelly!" and Eggman Prime call Boom Eggman "Egghead!

Or maybe you're being far too specific. Sticks could easily bring other any of the other Sonic counterparts, or Mega Man to prove her story. They know Sticks hates machines, so why would she willingly work with them if it weren't for something dire. On top of that, they aren't going to send Sticks off to a mental institution, especially considering Comedy Chimp and Fastidious Beaver can both back up her story.

TL;DR: You are being way too specific on what you think the story needs, and some of the plot threads you use doesn't make sense when the things Sticks says can easily be backed up.

Nothing we can do about the Boom Cast not showing up, that was SEGA's decision right?

Yeah SEGA mandated that for some reason. 

Here's a Textless Version of Sonic Universe 81

sonic_universe_81_cover_by_herms85-d90pp

I just now realized the robots in the bottom right corner have Swatbot heads...

• Thumbs Up 6

Here's a Textless Version of Sonic Universe 81

sonic_universe_81_cover_by_herms85-d90pp

I just now realized the robots in the bottom right corner have Swatbot heads...

Well Swatbots did originate in the cartoon didn't they? no legal issues then, and they probably still do exist in some form. Also pretty standard head type for robots

...Come to think of it, have we seen SWATbots since the reboot (before that cover I mean)? It's possible that we have and it's slipped my mind, but I'm curious now.

...Come to think of it, have we seen SWATbots since the reboot (before that cover I mean)? It's possible that we have and it's slipped my mind, but I'm curious now.

We have seen "egg swats" working for Breezie watching the security cameras in the Champions arc if that counts.

• Thumbs Up 6

Didn't Sonic tango with a squadron of Egg-Swats in the FCBD issue too?

Those guys had the Swat-bot heads too.

Oh man. That art is so bad. The action feels lifeless.

Also, ''he's abusing the space/time''. Well, gee, that sounds familiar. Oh wait,

WorldsCollide9Cover_zps153476b0.jpg?form

Man, Axl looks so shaken up from seeing dead familiar faces.

I know, because blank stare is truly the reaction you respect amirite?

Hrmmm... I wonder how much say SEGA & Capcom had in mandating the story for this cross over.

I remember reading how Capcom's continued interference led to the cluster that the first Street Fighter movie was by continuingly shoving in characters after they said they would agree to a cap of 7. Then when they wanted to get more involved with a second try, we got Legend of Chun-Li.

Capcom might not care about the Mega Man franchise much, but bringing in their other properties probably brought in a whole list od mandates. Let alone SEGA's usual attitudes...

Don't forget that UDON actually has the license for Street Fighter comics. That might have tipped the balance for them in particular.

Don't forget that UDON actually has the license for Street Fighter comics. That might have tipped the balance for them in particular.

Nah I think UDON is cool with it since IDW and Capcom announced a Street Fighter/G.I. Joe crossover today and as far as Im aware UDON has nothing to do with this

Of course they did, UDON has the publishing rights to it. Why're you treating that as some sort of macabre thing?

We already know how the rights worked. Ian did lists of franchises, said lists were presented to Capcom and SEGA, who went "yep" "nope" etc. 

We already know that the balance of villains was being argued not with Capcom or SEGA but with Kaminski, who at one point basically wanted Xander as the main villain.

Eeeeeeeesh this panic of mandates.

I'm just saying they might have had something to do with those characters appearing before the third act, or how, that's all.

Well, we know one thing: This might as well be the LAST Crossover we'll ever see between Mega Man and Sonic, outside of Smash.

Well, we know one thing: This might as well be the LAST Crossover we'll ever see between Mega Man and Sonic, outside of Smash.

Welp, X and Zero are at least in Project X Zone 2, but either SEGA or Monolith Soft is against having Sonic in it and are instead focused on more realistic or anime based game series..

So no Sonic + Megaman for that either, lol. 

Welp, X and Zero are at least in Project X Zone 2, but either SEGA or Monolith Soft is against having Sonic in it and are instead focused on more realistic or anime based game series..

So no Sonic + Megaman for that either, lol. 

Whoops didn't realized I wasn't signed in, my bad.

Okay, the art in those preview pages looks off in some places... And then there's the variant cover...