Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Hi, I recently started reading the comics, I started with the issue #252 which is where the last reboot began, is this right? If I want to see what happened before that without reading all the #251 before that, where should I begin? Is there a definite story arc I can follow?

Hi, I recently started reading the comics, I started with the issue #252 which is where the last reboot began, is this right? If I want to see what happened before that without reading all the #251 before that, where should I begin? Is there a definite story arc I can follow?

Well I guess the Genesis arc is where things get real in the old universe and some of the issues before that would help, if that means anything to ya.

Well I guess the Genesis arc is where things get real in the old universe and some of the issues before that would help, if that means anything to ya.

I'd say genesis too, it is a good start, but if you want to go a bit further in the old continuity, i'd say start reading in issue 198, a good point to understand really what's going on.

I'd say get the Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, it covers everything bar the last six months of the old continuity (which can be summed up as; there's two irrelevant game tie-ins, Knuckles' race gets even more screwed due to legalities, Mighty finds his sister which turns out to have been for naught, and Shard has a heroic ambiguous death moment which ended up as his actual death as a character). 

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh, nope. Maybe the Archie Sonic tag on Tumblr will flash up with something if news spreads.

Cool beans, thanks for the heads up.

So far they seem to have seen one interesting new thing. Going to touch it up a bit to make it clearer for myself, you won't see the clear touch-up.

Edit: Here's the pic in question;

CJvYtNZUwAILk_z.jpg

Still can't glean too much but I've got the gist of it; it's a panel from #276, with Rotor and Sonic seeming to be fighting off Badniks and Egg Army grunts, one in particular being beaten up. The image also has Chip and a Penguinator, nothing too spoilery about it.

The other panel image is of the #275 variants, nothing new there.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 4

Anyone know of anywhere covering the Archie Panel at SDCC?

I would be, but I had to leave an extra day early with my bro due to us being too broke for all four days. My buddy Alex (Nuckles87) is still there and covering it. It ticks me off that I had to miss it.

Cool beans, thanks for the heads up.

So far they seem to have seen one interesting new thing. Going to touch it up a bit to make it clearer for myself, you won't see the clear touch-up.

Edit: Here's the pic in question;

CJvYtNZUwAILk_z.jpg

Still can't glean too much but I've got the gist of it; it's a panel from #276, with Rotor and Sonic seeming to be fighting off Badniks and Egg Army grunts, one in particular being beaten up. The image also has Chip and a Penguinator, nothing too spoilery about it.

The other panel image is of the #275 variants, nothing new there.

ark.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Alex has recorded the entire Archie panel in HD and is uploading it to me. Should have it up on youtube by tonight or tomorrow.  

BTW, that art was shown at the panel. The little robot's name is "Bits".

Edited by Jason the Jackass

Alex has recorded the entire Archie panel in HD and is uploading it to me. Should have it up on youtube by tonight or tomorrow.  

BTW, that art was shown at the panel. The little robot's name is "Bits".

Thanks for this! There seems to be very little coverage from the event, so it's nice to see someone put up the whole video.

On an entirely different note, scrounged this out of 4chan;

e97P4vI.jpg

Hmm...those robots at the bottom left remind me less of the Swatbots and more of this bad boy from Sonic 06:

Egg_Gunner_Profile_v2.png

It's Swatbot elements mixed with Egg Gunner elements. The sillhouette is a Swatbot as is the head, but the construction's an Egg Gunner.

Another 4chan scrape that might be something.

Apparently this is a little look at part 9 of WU (not related to SDCC; this is dated prior).

gzhPuhH.png

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 2

Another 4chan scrape that might be something.

Hidden Content

Who's the artist? Bates? Hesse? It's better than what we've been seeing artwise from the last few issues

For those who don't want to watch the video, here's some of the highlights Jason's video showed.

-First image of Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile. and Ken in Worlds Unite

-Discussion on Archie Sonic, 25th anniversary and the landmark 275 issue.

-Shows off the #275 Variants

-#275 is confirmed to be double size and is going to contain the FCBD issue.

-Panel from #276 is shown off.

I'll edit later with more details.

-Starting from #276, New issues are going to have split up stories. 10 pages from one story from one artist, 10 pages from another story from another artist (Which is going to suck IMO)

-We get concept art of the new Naugus and Lupe designs.

-Naugus will be returning at some point after Worlds Unite

(Continued on next page with Sonic Universe stuff.)

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 4

Sonic - He's the same old, evil Naugus you've always known!

Acorn Kingdom - But he's got a new hat.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Universe

-Evan talks a bit about how she's writing The Silver Age and then we get a pretty cool picture of Silver closing a Genesis Portal. 

-They talk about their favourite covers from the Silver Age, one of them being the Back to the Future reference cover.

-Concept Art of the Bits (The Sonic robots in the Silver Age) and it's confirmed that it's inspired by the virtual Sonic from Colours.

-Concept art of Gold is shown

-Concept art of the redesigned Von Schlemmer.

Sonic Boom (I have no clue why they're including this considering it's cancellation but whatever)

-A lot of artwork is shown off from #11

Mega Man

-They show off the exclusive con variant issue (and plug it) 

-They confirm once again that Mega Man is only on break and definitely not cancelled.

-The story of one of the issues is going to focus on Rock as he wonders what his purpose is now that Wily is dead (Which confirms he's likely lost his memory of Worlds Unite once again)

-#54 will be focusing on Break Man coming back to Dr.Light, learning he shouldn't be evil, coming to terms with the past, and officially becoming Proto Man

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sonic Boom (I have no clue why they're including this considering it's cancellation but whatever)

-A lot of artwork is shown off from #11

They also mentioned that they'll still be doing Sonic Boom stories, but looking to add it to digests and Super Specials.

• Thumbs Up 2