Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

"What in the Infernal Abyss"

So that's how you say What the Hell in American censorship language.

Also that demon is suffering some major depression once the whole thing is disrupted.

• Thumbs Up 5

FINALLY. THIS IS ART I EXPECT FROM ARCHIE.

Still doesn't make up for the lackluster Act 1 & 2 but hey ho, we might finally get some good enjoyment out of this.

• Thumbs Up 5

So are they going to have to fit in all six franchises seen on the cover? That's going to be a crush if they have three pages on all of them.

I would only say that Act 2's art is lackluster. I still say that, even with the darker coloring, Act 1 had nice art. Especially since that was perhaps Schoening's first time with any of the characters.

Also trying to write with a mobile now is difficult since the site change. :(

• Thumbs Up 5

I would only say that Act 2's art is lackluster. I still say that, even with the darker coloring, Act 1 had nice art. Especially since that was perhaps Schoening's first time with any of the characters.

Also trying to write with a mobile now is difficult since the site change. :(

Try switching the board theme. It makes things easier.

If it was perhaps Schoening's first time with the characters, the place to weave him in would be in unimportant side stories, not a massive crossover. Not necessarily his fault, but I'm also not going to accept it as "good art" on the basis of "well it's not as shit as that shit I suppose"

I'm not even trying to play devil's advocate for Schoening like I would with Huang; I thought he honestly did a nice job on pencils, especially for characters he probably has never done before & probs has no plans to come back to.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think he did decently well. The Mega Man side was good, although the Sonic side had it's good share of really weird panels, especially that one with Tails & Amy. But still for a crossover event, It's nothing I'd consider anything better than decent, especially due to the colouring. I went overboard with the lackluster part, and should rephrase that to the disappointing first act, and the lackluster second act.

Ah, thank goodness for much more better artwork and colors, Alex and Stellar look mega cute.

Yeah, I want to forget all about Part 2's art, Part 1 was good through.

I really can't wait till they meet Amaterasu. So far the art this much more better. 

I imagine that it might be Sticks that meets her, along with the Wandering Artist Issun. Unless Sticks goes into the World of Monster Hunter, and she somehow understands the meowing of the Felynes.

So I'm looking at the Silver age concept art again and-

tumblr_nrhw53w8qd1rcatnso1_1280.jpg

LOOK AT THE BLUE VIRTUAL HEDGEHOG TRYING TO GO FAST LOL

[/spoiler}

• Thumbs Up 5

That does look a lot better. Here's hoping the artwork stays consistently good throughout WU now, though really it was only Huang's art that I raised an eyebrow at. Schoening was decent.

Reala, oh yes i forgot that some Sega and Capcom villains will be along for the ride as well.

They should be lucky that Akuma, Dark Falz, and Albert Wesker isn't one of them, lol.

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

Huh... looks like NiGHTS' design for the crossover is a mix between his/her/its original and 'Journey of Dreams' looks. Though I wonder which tag-team will be entering Nightopia.

Though I wonder which tag-team will be entering Nightopia.

Well, there seems to be an obvious flying theme going on in that world, with the Mavericks being flyers as well. With Bunnie known to be Ghouls and Goblins, that leaves Tails as the obvious choice for the Sonic side. Not sure who fits the bill on the Mega Man/X side.

Well, there seems to be an obvious flying theme going on in that world, with the Mavericks being flyers as well. With Bunnie known to be Ghouls and Goblins, that leaves Tails as the obvious choice for the Sonic side. Not sure who fits the bill on the Mega Man/X side.

Well there's air man since he can fly(in the archie continuity anyways)

Well, here's my opinion on Sonic Battles #1

Both Battle issues have felt really meh to me, but I did enjoy the Sonic Battles more than the Mega Man Battles. First up was Sonic Vs The Deadly Six, which didn't have anything major happen in it, but I did rather enjoy Zavok and Zeena teasing each other (They were my favourites out of the Deadly Six), and stuff like Sonic putting himself at risk to keep the people in Station Square safe. Tracy's art was also really top notch in it. My only issues with the art was a panel or two where Zeena or another one of the Zeti looks a bit off. Other than that, this story was alright.

Roll Vs Sticks.....meh.

I just really didn't like the story. Ryan Jampole's artwork was as good as ever, and it's always cool to see Roll do a bunch of cool things...but that's about it. Sticks isn't funny in this story, there's a few panels which look a little weird, and you can see a joke from a mile away, considering the main book has numerous mentions to Sticks trying to find Spy Brooms. But on top of that, the joke just isn't that funny and only serves as the typical ''haha, Sticks is crazy'' joke. This just isn't a good story in my opinion.

Knuckles Vs Proto Man, this was the best story out of both books. Diana's pencils have been amazing since she joined with Champions, and it's no different here. Seeing the expressions on Knuckles as he fights Proto Man and keeps telling him to fight the Zeti's control was great, and even better seeing the two big main rivals of both series go up against each other. 

But this is the one story, out of the all 6 stories that felt like it has reason to exist, that there's a purpose to this. It feels like this builds up the characters and their personalities. It works so well, and it feels really good. The art, and story were just top notch with this battle and any fan of either character should love this story

Huh... looks like NiGHTS' design for the crossover is a mix between his/her/its original and 'Journey of Dreams' looks. Though I wonder which tag-team will be entering Nightopia.

Remember: Archie Comics did two 3-Issue Miniseries sets for NiGHTS into dreams... We could've had a NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams Mini-Series that centers around Helen and Will.

welp heres the next preview "now were did I leave my paint brush kit?"

Embedded image permalink

[spoiler/]

Edited by kirby1up
  • Thumbs Up 8