Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Is that a Master Emerald fragment Naugus is wearing around his neck?! That must be how he'll get his powers back!

And I'm so stoked to see Wendy Witchcart!

Hidden Content

Looks like Eggman Land is getting a Halloween attraction. Also, why is Big Arm holding Metal Sonic?
  • Thumbs Up 3

That is awesome. 

100% guaranteed brilliance. Now we have the Witchcart in a tag team with Naugus. That's legitimately the best thing I've seen in the comic this side of them bringing in all of the good Adventures characters and giving them a rightful place in the book. And that was the best thing since they brought the Tails Adventures' Battle Kukus in. What's next? Will we see the return of Lazaar now that Naugus and Witchcart are here? Are Tekno and Porker due for an initiation into the Freedom Fighters? Is there going to be a Eggman aligned team named the Silicon Warriors? Cyberization has pretty much started to pave the way for us getting Cyberniks of all things and I really hope to see a nice sized Metal Sonic story arc coming soon. 

Golly, I mean, Madonna's in the book now. Are we going to be seeing some Hedgehog Town residents anytime soon? Is a Proto Charmy cameo going to show up? Are we due for Anton Beruka to become an Egg Boss of Adabat? Geez, you're giving roles to characters Sega of Japan created and forgot about (Ray, Mighty, Nack, the Game Gear villains) Flynn. You savant.  

This is almost starting to become my ideal for the franchise's main lore. Please, Flynn and Co. Do continue. 

Edited by LongcrierCat
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is awesome. 

100% guaranteed brilliance. Now we have the Witchcart in a tag team with Naugus. That's legitimately the best thing I've seen in the comic this side of them bringing in all of the good Adventures characters and giving them a rightful place in the book. And that was the best thing since they brought the Tails Adventures' Battle Kukus in. What's next? Will we see the return of Lazaar now that Naugus and Witchcart are here? Are Tekno and Porker due for an initiation into the Freedom Fighters? Is there going to be a Eggman aligned team named the Silicon Warriors? Cyberization has pretty much started to pave the way for us getting Cyberniks of all things and I really hope to see a nice sized Metal Sonic story arc coming soon. 

Golly, I mean, Madonna's in the book now. Are we going to be seeing some Hedgehog Town residents anytime soon? Is a Proto Charmy cameo going to show up? Are we due for Anton Veruca to become an Egg Boss of Adabat? Geez, you're giving roles to characters Sega of Japan created and forgot about Flynn. You savant.  

This is almost starting to become my ideal for the franchise's main lore. Please, Flynn and Co. Do continue. 

Flynn said he has no plans to bring Lazaar into the book, and Sega forbids any StC characters.

So no Trusk for a Mammoth Mogul stand in?

latest?cb=20090503075749

Is there a copyright dispute? Sega's missing out on some good opportunities here with retooling a choice selection of their franchise's alternate media catalogue's characters here. I want to see Grimer be a lead engineer in Eggman's Badnik Factories. If Professor Von Schlemer of all characters is now in (also, don't take that the wrong way, that's a good thing), I don't see why not throw in a few Sonic the Comic characters. 

If it's just more of the Sega Mandate though more than copyright disputes, then I'll just sit here in my corner then and hope that at least some Sonic the Manga worms its way into the book to make up for the Sonic the Comic exclusions. 

That is awesome. 

Golly, I mean, Madonna's in the book now. Are we going to be seeing some Hedgehog Town residents anytime soon? Is a Proto Charmy cameo going to show up? Are we due for Anton Beruka to become an Egg Boss of Adabat? Geez, you're giving roles to characters Sega of Japan created and forgot about (Ray, Mighty, Nack, the Game Gear villains) Flynn. You savant.  

I think Ian said that he might bring Sonia and Manic from Sonic Underground in the comics, though likely portrayed differently. 

I think Ian said that he might bring Sonia and Manic from Sonic Underground in the comics, though likely portrayed differently. 

Are you sure you're not thinking of the planned Underground epilogue that was originally going to be in Universe #50?

So no Trusk for a Mammoth Mogul stand in?

latest?cb=20090503075749

Is there a copyright dispute? 

If it's just more of the Sega Mandate though more than copyright disputes, then I'll just sit here in my corner then and hope that at least some Sonic the Manga worms its way into the book to make up for the Sonic the Comic exclusions. 

Last time I checked, the StC original characters aren't owned by Sega, but by Fleetway/Egmont. Or was it their original writers?

Anyway, different copyright laws.

That's pretty awesome, wonder whether they are siblings or a couple would be a good question for me

That's pretty awesome, wonder whether they are siblings or a couple would be a good question for me

Due to SEGA's mandate of certain characters not having family, I doubt they would be Sonic's siblings. 

Yeah I'm pretty sure StC characters are owned by Fleetway/Egmont/etc. I distinctly remember Tekno and Ebony getting a cameo once a long time ago (pre-Ian IIRC?), but I imagine that was something that was simply overlooked, plus it was only one panel.

Also, I was going to say this earlier but I guess I forgot to make the post: I wonder if they'll take inspiration from the l'il dragons in SA2 (but on a bigger scale, obviously) for Dulcy's redesign. Probably not, but it would be a cool way of tying her in to the games.

Due to SEGA's mandate of certain characters not having family, I doubt they would be Sonic's siblings. 

I believe Mando's referring to [spoiler characters] as seen in a picture posted on the last page (and reposted with more context on this page).

Found the source for the Sonia and Manic thing. http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=423239&f=1

"#63 Do you think Sonia and Manic could work in the book without having ties to Sonic? 

Sure, I think a “different” Sonia and Manic would be fun. I also think the fan-outrage would ignite the planet." 

EDIT: And now we have this. https://mobile.twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/641420446785605633 

Edited by Operationgamer17

Yeah I'm pretty sure StC characters are owned by Fleetway/Egmont/etc. I distinctly remember Tekno and Ebony getting a cameo once a long time ago (pre-Ian IIRC?), but I imagine that was something that was simply overlooked, plus it was only one panel.

Also, I was going to say this earlier but I guess I forgot to make the post: I wonder if they'll take inspiration from the l'il dragons in SA2 (but on a bigger scale, obviously) for Dulcy's redesign. Probably not, but it would be a cool way of tying her in to the games.

I believe Mando's referring to [spoiler characters] as seen in a picture posted on the last page (and reposted with more context on this page).

Yep, I'm referring to the spoiler characters, who while owned by sega/archie are not game characters, thus not beholden to those mandates

*Wendy Witchcraft*

Wait...what? Just how many more surprises are they gonna throw at us? They're really going all out to flesh out this new continuity.

So I kinda like the idea that the Wizard Trolls have an internal power level that can be drained, and cutoff that requires them to switch to an external power source. makes them more vulnerable in a good way

• Thumbs Up 1

ROFL oh man wendy witchcart made it into the comics and these witchcarters shes talking about does this mean that

.Focke-Wulf

.Bearenger

and Carrotia

and for those who don't know where on earth these characters came from watch this

• Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

Is it just me, or the Witch Lady's dress looks like something the Egg bosses would wear? Wonder why they didn't make her look more Troll Wizard-ish. She looks more like someone who messes with machine and technology than a Witch or sorcerer like Walter.

EDIT: Just realized her right arm is robotized. So she is an Egg boss! Still not fond of her outfit though. 

Edited by KoDaiko

There's a part of me that was surprised to see

Wendy included, and another part of me that felt like it was a matter of a time if they could get away with a Sky Patrol reference. And I think I remember seeing some speculation that suggested Naugus would be connected with her.

But seeing it for myself? That's really fucking cool. I can't wait to pick up this issue.

I'm also happy to see Naugus again, and especially seeing that it looks like he's got one of the Master Emerald shards. Man, I can't wait to see Amy and Knuckles go up against him.

Just give me the Battle Birds again, and I'm good for a while.

I'm still waiting to see if Conquering Storm has been marked as not coming back...I'm not satisfied until I at least know that detail. 

Is it just me, or the Witch Lady's dress looks like something the Egg bosses would wear? Wonder why they didn't make her look more Troll Wizard-ish. She looks more like someone who messes with machine and technology than a Witch or sorcerer like Walter.

EDIT: Just realized her right arm is robotized. So she is an Egg boss! Still not fond of her outfit though. 

One, spoiler tag that.

Two, unless someone can confirm otherwise, we don't know if

Wendy Witchcraft is an Egg Boss yet. The outfit might look like something Egg Bosses would wear, but given what Wendy Witchcraft and Nagus seem to be doing, Wendy probably isn't on Eggman's side at all. And her right arm is similar to Nagus', so there's nothing confirming if it's roboticized or not - and I doubt that it is.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

First Rotor's dad is revealed, and now Naugus has a sister? (According to the Sonic Wiki)

That is actually pretty clever. Gotta give Archie credit for that. 

About what Wendy's wearing, I'm going to guess they were working for Eggman, and then I think they're turning their backs on him... And that's another Master Emerald Shard! (Must be the one from Worlds Unite I dunno)

Speaking in which, I wonder if the next Sonic Universe arc is based on Knuckles and Amy finding the shards... I could be wrong tho...

Wally and Wendy are confirmed to be siblings from Ian.

He also said that even altering Sonia and Manic to not have ties to Sonic wouldn't allow them in the book, as he found out.