Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Like many are saying, Team Dark is likely. Eggman is another likely candidate but probably less so now he's with GUN. Both Team Dark and Eggman have (or are currently) involved with Universes, so probably want to hold off a Snivley story for a while. Unless there's a way to get an odd pairing with Snivley and someone else, which would be pretty interesting.

Like I said, we start near the end of Snively's scheme with Team Chaotix finding clues with Snively adding exposition via flashbacks

Maybe if they didnt waste 3 months on a shitty corssover this wouldnt have happened :P 

Ouch, dude. But you're not wrong. lol

Thoughts on the new issue

I'll agree with the sentience that the Rotor story was too short. I wish that we had more focus on building up to the fight and reason Sonic and Rotor went to the base. Would have been nice to see the Freedom Fighters first see them interacting with the couple and seeing them get captured, as well as seeing more of the town/Holosaka itself. For such an important plot point for Rotor's character, I also felt that more focus should have been put onto it as the pay off could have been handled better. The Eggman back up was pretty perfect and wasn't hampered by the length at all at least.

Nice to see Wendy Witchcart, and hopefully her Tails' Skypatrol minions. Also I still can't get over that Naugus's name is now Walter. Freakin' Walter, man.

Are you really? :P

Well, I did say kinda, but Captain Rescue is one character I honestly wouldn't mind being taken in a completely serious tone, it would be stupid but funny. Also if Kat was designed by Adam Bryce Thomas or Ian 'Unleashed was a mistake' Flynn, well, that wouldn't be terrible, just maybe not ideal. Plus I could see her as a GUN agent or something.

Edited by ThatGuy

As I said before, the only AOSTH character I would care about (that hasn't shown up yet, that is) is Professor Caninestein from the Chaos Emerald Hunt arc, only because I have nostalgic memories about those episodes (heck, I'd say that they still hold up after all these years). Also, I freaking love dogs, and there aren't a lot of those around, Ben Muttski aside.

...oh, also....Caninestein was the space-time genius, not Von Schlemmer or whatever. But, eh, I guess Flynn thought that a wacky-designed character was more interesting to bring back. Even if they had to dumb it down.

I can get down with #280. Tails is there, gotta have my bromance fix. New Eggman arc sounds interesting, I hope I'm not too burned out from him because of Boom.

...oh, also....Caninestein was the space-time genius, not Von Schlemmer or whatever. But, eh, I guess Flynn thought that a wacky-designed character was more interesting to bring back. Even if they had to dumb it down.

To be fair, Von Schlemmer has made FAR more appearances than Caninestein. Caninestein only appeared in "Robotnikland," "The Mobius 5000," a cameo in "Hero of the Year," and of course, the "Quest for the Chaos Emeralds" Saga. But remember: It is those who appear less that turn out to be somewhat more useful. Von Schlemmer would have a crazy gadget or gizmo that would work, but Caninestein was crucial for plot development, as he was the one who gave Sonic those Time Traveling Devices that enabled Sonic to "Circle zhe planet at zhe speed of light, and enter zhe time warp," as well as helping Sonic and Tails with their racer in the Mobius 5000. Not to mention, he was one of the invited guests for Sonic's birthday. In the current comics, he could be either Ben Muttski's Uncle or Grandpa. In any case, He could help Sonic in the current quest for the Chaos Emeralds.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, that adaption is great to me, I know nothing about the original, but in 5 panels Stanley managed to make me a character I'm sympathetic to and has a unique personality, and I want to see what happens next. A solid looking design is nice as well, him being based off an obscure cartoon is just extra topping

• Thumbs Up 7

Captain Rescue never apparently, kinda sad to hear that. 

Now is this only on Adventures characters? The arrival of Wendy and Wally Naugus has me thinking that Lazaar is right around the corner, and I would love to see a Tech Wizard come back to the book, yessir. 

That statement in this instance does apply to AoStH, but he said way before this that all the SatAM characters who'd be in the new continuity would be mentioned by the time of SU#62, for Snively (correcting for SCO#001, which had Rosie). So that roster was completed long before now. 

So I'm wondering if since we've gotten two characters based off the Ashura glitch (Scourge and Manic), have we gotten anything based off of 'Wechnia', the other glitch Sonic character? Was Finetivus' last design based off him?

What? We haven't got two characters based of Ashura, what're you talking about. We got Scourge, and even then just tenuously, although confirmedly. Are you really thinking Manic's based in an obscure fancharacter that started getting heavy mention AFTER Underground instead of in "ok we need another primary colour for Sonic's brother"?

As for Wechnia, no, Finitevus might've been based on him but theory's always been more on being a riff on Zachary from StC.

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I just always suspected that these two characters that are like Sonic but wrong and also green are based off the glitch that makes Sonic green and wrong.

I guess Manic isn't based off it necessarily, it just sorta stuck like that in my brain for a long time because I really like Scourge and the fact that Manic is part of something as wrong as Underground qualifies as a "glitched" Sonic to me. Sorry.

For some reason though, I keep imagining Wechnia if it were to appear as being some kind of fucked up version of Metal Knuckles, rather than an actual echidna

Manic is green because they felt like making a green sibling. Blue, green and purple are all 'cool' (as opposed to warm) colours, and purple is typically regarded as the most feminine of those so they coupled it with pink and assigned it to the girl hedgehog. 

Scourge is green because of the source of his change, the green Master Emerald. 

Neither are inspired by the Ashura glitch. 

The closest we have to character looks inspired by weird graphical things is Thrash being based off the transitional sprite in the Sonic & Knuckles character select option. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Ian has said they thought of naming Scourge Ashura at one point though, so even if the source of the redesign wasn't Ashura, the notion was in their minds enough I wouldn't dissassociate them (and his crown is therefore a likely reference to him).

(he felt Ashura had become a character defined by the fanbase and he didn't have the right to define him anyway else, so they didn't go with that idea)

• Thumbs Up 1

The closest we have to character looks inspired by weird graphical things is Thrash being based off the transitional sprite in the Sonic & Knuckles character select option. 

What really?! damn never knew that.

Edited by goku262002

Eggman's getting another arc? Aww, yeah. 

"Scrambled" was nothing short of brilliant, and I expect this new arc to live up to its predecessor's reputation, giving us four issues of Dr. Eggman being awesome. I know I won't be disappointed.

You know what, finally got caught up after my downtime, read the new issue and am somewhat surprised.

I would have thought there'd be at least ONE person who'd complain about Wendy made into a troll, let alone Naugus' sister; most I've seen is the complaint that KKM had was the witch hat.

So quick question, has Archie said anything about how long Mega Man's "hiatus" is going to be, or is it still "TBD?"

So quick question, has Archie said anything about how long Mega Man's "hiatus" is going to be, or is it still "TBD?"

Nothing has been confirmed one way or the other about the hiatus but the most recent interview with Ian and Vincent about it, which I believe is this one http://comicsalliance.com/mega-man-55-solicitations-interview/  and they both seemed a bit less enthusiastic about it returning, which was the general consensus from most people that read the article.

I'd like for them to be wrong, but nothing's completely set in stone on it's cancellation, so i'm still a bit hopeful, even if it's a slight chance for it to come back.

You know what, finally got caught up after my downtime, read the new issue and am somewhat surprised.

Hidden Content

Oh don't worry I find all that unneeded too, but I'm more willing to go with it, or would be were it more visually interesting :P

I'm surprised we don't get that fearless adventurer with the fear of leaving the ground, Capitan William Le Duck from "Tails' Tale," where Tails rescues Sonic from the Temple of Komomatz, whose master, King Komomatz placed upon Robotnik's Fortress the Kurse of Komomatz, Version 2: Rapid Repeating.

Come to think of it, don't you think that Komomatz would make a good character to run into in Adabat.

Edited by YoshiAngemon
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised we don't get that fearless adventurer with the fear of leaving the ground, Capitan William Le Duck from "Tails' Tale," where Tails rescues Sonic from the Temple of Komomatz, whose master, King Komomatz placed upon Robotnik's Fortress the Kurse of Komomatz, Version 2: Rapid Repeating.

Come to think of it, don't you think that Komomatz would make a good character to run into in Adabat.

Yeah, both Le Duck and Komomatz could be fun characters to see. Though Komomatz being of an mesoamerican design should really appear in Soumercia.

Edited by ThatGuy

So, Universe #80 is out now and I just read it.

Gold is Council Member #5.

So, opinions? I think it's a good issue and I want to see what

the Council is planning with those "Time Gates", as I call them. Feel free to correct me.