Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I like sketchy. Gives it character. Makes it look more like it was done by hand and less digital-only, which I prefer.

Speaking of which, while I understand the current level of quality makes this statement kinda pointless, who would y'all say are the best and worst artists working on the series? Evan Stanley is an easy favorite of mine

Edited by Shaddy

Eh, can't really judge - I'm more of a narrative/writing nut than an art one, and I don't always pay attention to who the artist is on the arcs.

^If she does, she'll probably have to ditch the Bride title, but I'd be stoked to just have Conquering Storm.

Cassia, Clove and Thunderbolt help the female ratio of bad guys quite a bit, but there is a ruthless and intimating void that needs to be filled in the wake of Lien-Da (Thunderbolt is just too cute to pull that one off lol)

anyway, fingers crossed. Need more ninja's running around to keep magic and speedsters in check.

Just because I know they were partially connected in the old continuity I kinda imagine her and Espio getting in a Romeo and Juliet relationship except by the end of it instead of dying one gets roboticized

Just because I know they were partially connected in the old continuity I kinda imagine her and Espio getting in a Romeo and Juliet relationship except by the end of it instead of dying one gets roboticized

As much as I like the sound of that idea, it's impossible. One of Sega's mandates is no Sega character can be in a relationship or in love (Exception being Amy/Sonic)

^If she does, she'll probably have to ditch the Bride title, but I'd be stoked to just have Conquering Storm.

Cassia, Clove and Thunderbolt help the female ratio of bad guys quite a bit, but there is a ruthless and intimating void that needs to be filled in the wake of Lien-Da (Thunderbolt is just too cute to pull that one off lol)

anyway, fingers crossed. Need more ninja's running around to keep magic and speedsters in check.

Well, maybe Breezie or Katella could fill that gap, though the former may end up as a purely neutral type

As much as I like the sound of that idea, it's impossible. One of Sega's mandates is no Sega character can be in a relationship or in love (Exception being Amy/Sonic)

In fairness, even Amy/Sonic seems to be off-limits. Amy fawns over Sonic a bit, and Sonic teases her, but that's not really a relationship. That's just Sonic and Amy... acting like Sonic and Amy.

I'm pretty excited to see Conquering Storm may be coming back, though, and in Chun-Nan as people have been speculating. We really didn't get much from her in the old continuity, so it's great she'll have another chance to expand her role.

Hidden Content

Why hide this? I'd be shocked if Breezie was still considered spoiler material that this point...

Anyway, the point I was getting at was more in line with how they get results and less about their overall motivation. Breezie and Lien-Da both share that greedy, power-hungry / control freak, stab eggman in the back personality, but when S* hits the fan Lien-Da was more than happy to get her mitts dirty. I don't ever expect Breezie to throw fists, even against lower tiered opposition. 

Now throw Conquering Storm out there. While its true (as far as I am aware) that she has never actually fought in the comics beyond a flashback sparring match against Lightning Lynx, I don't think it would stretch any of our imaginations to see her take the mantle and throw down against the freedom fighters in person. That's what I want. A real bad chick that is willing to get out there and smack some skulls. There is some good real estate available here for a character like Storm.

Plus, keeping a character like that feeds Eggman's "Game" montra, which is a win in my book.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey guys, you want some good news in regards to character fates? 

An inference that implies that the Bride of the Conquering Storm did indeed make it. 

Android-KitKat-fingers-crossed.jpg

Come on, Ian. I'm pretty sure you've been reading my posts over Conquering Storm, but you will have me fully sold on this reboot (much more than now)* if you pull through with this!

Guys, you might need to ready a bucket of water to cool me down if all comes to pass.

*Not that I'm gonna let you slip on haphazard storytelling, tho...

I had another thought, Judging by the Conquering Storm is coming 'pretty soon' tweet, What if she appears in this issue first-

latest?cb=20150622025849

And then Eggman's Dozen? 

I could be wrong tho... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, why would she be there? Whether you go with Lupe being based off Native American or Mayan (as the comic did later), she's still somewhere in the Americas. Conquering Storm is in Asia. 

Android-KitKat-fingers-crossed.jpg

Come on, Ian. I'm pretty sure you've been reading my posts over Conquering Storm, but you will have me fully sold on this reboot (much more than now)* if you pull through with this!

Guys, you might need to ready a bucket of water to cool me down if all comes to pass.

*Not that I'm gonna let you slip on haphazard storytelling, tho...

Is it bad that when i first saw that tweet you were the first person I thought of?

In fairness, even Amy/Sonic seems to be off-limits. Amy fawns over Sonic a bit, and Sonic teases her, but that's not really a relationship. That's just Sonic and Amy... acting like Sonic and Amy.

I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I always felt like shipping the two never did either character any justice. I like Sonic. I like Amy. But I don't like Sonamy.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, has Sonic Super Special Magazine just plain been cancelled or what?  I yet to see anything more about issue #14.

From what I understand it's been cancelled and Archie's only producing the Super Digests now.

I'm pretty sure that Ian said that Conquering Storm would be off limits because her design was based on, as well as had connection to Lighting Lynx, which was a character Ian didn't have a hand in making. Anything related to her Bride title were stuff that Ian made and would be alright with using, but i'm not sure if her design as she was in the previous continuity would make it completely intact if she does appear.

Ian didn't say that. I was speculating on it based on the degree Archie were protecting their backs. I guess the fact that Conquering Storm merely shared species as opposed to actually having a more intertwined link despite the addition to Lightning's backstory was enough to keep her afloat. 

That said, I do think her design and backstory will be tweaked. 

Ian didn't say that. I was speculating on it based on the degree Archie were protecting their backs. I guess the fact that Conquering Storm merely shared species as opposed to actually having a more intertwined link despite the addition to Lightning's backstory was enough to keep her afloat. 

That said, I do think her design and backstory will be tweaked. 

I do remember this. This was years ago, mind you, but it was someone asked about Conquering Storm returning because she was Ian's characters, and someone on staff, I don't quite remember who, said that it was unlikely because her design was based on, as well as had connection to Lightning Lynx.

The tweet also asks whether there would be a new Chunan boss and Ian responds to sees to just wait and see. Taking what he said literally that we should "wait and see" if CC might return when it could just refer to the new Eggboss for chunan as well.

I'm not saying to not expect Conquering Storm to appear; it's all the more likely that she was changed enough to get a pass, but this could still mean something else entirely as well.

I'm perfectly okay with, and fully expect, that they will tweak Conquering Storm's backstory, but I doubt Ian would be so vague if Conquering Storm was off limits entirely. He'd outright state that she couldn't come back were that the case. Don't think they'll change her design too much since we already have other lynx characters like Nicole and Ellidy.

Still, crazy shit has happened where we've been wrong about this, which is why I'm hoping all goes well.

Is it bad that when i first saw that tweet you were the first person I thought of?

No? Why? I've made it no secret how much I want Conquering Storm back that I'd be offended if I wasn't the first person you thought of. :P

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic