Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Part 3 of "The Silver Age" is up on comiXology right now, for anyone who's interested. Downloading it now.

EDIT: Wait, nope. I lied. The site tricked me with a goddamn preview. Not available til the 28th... -_______-

Edited by Chaos Controller

Preview pages for Sonic 277 (Although you saw the spoilers from MegabeatMan...)

Yeah but those were snipits. Think you can zoom in those or link the source?

ohh i love mrEgaku's penciling!!  i really like his Sally Bunnie and Lupe .. and  the way he draws Sonic..

also he already posted the pencil work on Deviant art:

sonic_the_hedgehog_277___1___pencils_by_sonic_the_hedgehog_277___2___pencils_by_sonic_the_hedgehog_277___3___pencils_by_     i love the movement effects ;u; 
http://mregaku.deviantart.com/gallery/  watch more there :D

• Thumbs Up 6

I will say that the last 2 issues for the main comic have been pretty good, it's quite obvious that Flynn kind of wants to get done with the Unleashed adaptation but he still wants to make good use of the new world. Whether it's making use of the Unleashed NPCs, introducing Rotor's dad and etc.

I kind of like the new Lupe, it looks like she's much younger than the old universe's version of her and it's nice to see that her personality is more-or-less the same. It's nice to see her back, can't wait to see more of her! 

Also finally we got to see more Cassia and Clove and I really like them, I always find the villains not really act like all villainy really endearing especially if it's siblings. So seeing Clove not want to see her robotized sis get hurt is quite sweet and show they're not really all that bad but they have their duties. So I'm really interested to see more C&C!

But right now, I really want to see how the Silver Age end.

• Thumbs Up 1

ohh i love mrEgaku's penciling!!  i really like his Sally Bunnie and Lupe .. and  the way he draws Sonic..

also he already posted the pencil work on Deviant art:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Is it just me or do the pencil drawings look significantly better?

I kind of like the new Lupe, it looks like she's much younger than the old universe's version of her and it's nice to see that her personality is more-or-less the same. It's nice to see her back, can't wait to see more of her! 

Also finally we got to see more Cassia and Clove and I really like them, I always find the villains not really act like all villainy really endearing especially if it's siblings. So seeing Clove not want to see her robotized sis get hurt is quite sweet and show they're not really all that bad but they have their duties. So I'm really interested to see more C&C!

But right now, I really want to see how the Silver Age end.

For some reason, before I saw Archie's depiction, I never really figured Lupe was an adult, just, being a wolf, she'd likely be taller than rodents. Most of the Freedom Fighters in the same show had deep voices and mature personalities despite being teenagers after all.

I like anti villains, though find them a delicate dance, since many medias tend to be all too fond of taking a 'Ron The Death Eater' route and making the heroes' treatment of them too black and white and 'unfair' to elicit sympathy for them.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 3

I like anti villains, though find them a delicate dance, since many medias tend to be all too fond of taking a 'Ron The Death Eater' route and making the heroes' treatment of them too black and white and 'unfair' to elicit sympathy for them.

Considering how Bunnie and Cassia interacted with each other from those last couple of pages, it seems that it's more-or-less like a semi-heated battle, where both of them really hate each other or something like that. I can't word it well but that last couple of word doesn't seem to be the case, for now.

Oh, the false preview did worse than I thought; there's only two pages of that story in the official preview. Oops. 

SonicTheHedgehog_277-3.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_277-4.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_277-13.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_277-14.jpg

SonicTheHedgehog_277-15.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

i don't want to complain too much....but.. i saw the pencils before to see the pictures from the final version..

and yeahh.... i actually like the pencil version more.. °w^U

The inking kinda ruining the pencils is a known phenomenon in Archie. I'd posit the pencils for cartoony stuff need subtler inking than superhero stuff, which is what most inkers will be used to.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd also chalk it up to Terry Austin's rough, angular style as an inker. Generally Sonic benefits from bolder, smoother inking styles like those of Jim Amash or Rick Bryant IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh man, I've always disliked Terry Austin's inking work on Sonic. In this particular instance, I don't think it ruined anything (the inked version isn't as good as the original pencils but it still looks quite good), but I think his work practically ruined Yardley's pencils back in the day of #200. I just want Jim Amash and people like that, please :P 

Edited by Monkey Destruction Switch
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't like the amount of blue the eyes are when Austin does it. It was especially glaring in the early parts of world's unite where the character's eyes were massive and dead for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

http://comicsalliance.com/archie-sonic-solicitations-jan-2016/

New solicits are out. Featuring the long-expected return of one character, and the (in my opinion) completely unexpected return of another!

sweet Dulcys back! also is it just me, or is that the Battle Kukku?! could this be the return of the Battle kukku armada?

Dulcy with a new (and pretty badass) design? Check.

The return of Conquering Storm and Aklhut (with a different but still kinda cool design)? Check.

The Battle Birds? Check. 

Yep, this is gonna be awesome. Not the biggest fan of Aklhut's redesign though. I thought him being this giant realistic orca among the usual Mobians made him unique (as well as being a fun reference to Adventure 1), but it's not bad by any means. 

Fantastic stuff.  That Skelly variant is magnificent :P  The amount of returning characters is fantastic, especially with Eggman's Dozen.

Wasn't expecting the Battle Birds in this one (I'm guessing they're officially apart of the Empire now) and that Akluht redesign is actually my cup of tea. 

Overall, this going to be some fantastic stuff.  Man, ChaosSupreme is going to flip his lid when he sees this, if you know what I mean ;)

I'll be a little disheartened if the Battle Bird Armada are apart of the Egg Army now; I kind of liked he idea of there being different villain factions unrelated to Eggman. Ahh well, Conquering Storm is back.

And Dulcy too...with a rather..interesting design. I hope her head doesn't look out of place with the rest of her body.

• Thumbs Up 4

I kind of liked he idea of there being different villain factions unrelated to Eggman. 

Well, we still have the Naugus Twins and their Witchcarters, the Black Arms (well, Eclipse and the Dark Arms, anyway), Breezie's media empire, the Council of Silver's future, and Dr. Eggman Nega's forces.

On a different note, I'm so excited to see Dulcy back! And now she looks more like an actual dragon and has a cool outfit! Also, SILVER SONIC!!!!

But I've noticed that the SU cover only shows 11 of the titular Eggman's Dozen. Who got left out? Are Cassia and Clove both considered Egg Bosses?