Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Wow, I'm pretty psyched for what's coming next year. I dig Dulcy's new design--at least from Hesse's rendering she doesn't appear to look like "Vector with wings and eyelashes" so I think that's going to help distinguish her. And, hey, Conquering Storm is back, and it looks like they're going with how she was developed in "Scrambled" with her eyes being replaced with cybernetics. I can assume the same tension between her and Eggman will remain (especially since she underwent legionization to spare the rest of her clan, only for Eggman to demand they ALL get enhanced).

Also excited to see a return for the Battle Birds, though I'm hoping they aren't an extension of the Egg Army and are, instead, an independent group. Either way is good with me, I suppose, but it'd be nice to see a villain or two, other than Naugus, that's not under Eggman's thumb or loosely associated with him.

Well, we still have the Naugus Twins and their Witchcarters, the Black Arms (well, Eclipse and the Dark Arms, anyway), Breezie's media empire, the Council of Silver's future, and Dr. Eggman Nega's forces.

On a different note, I'm so excited to see Dulcy back! And now she looks more like an actual dragon and has a cool outfit! Also, SILVER SONIC!!!!

But I've noticed that the SU cover only shows 11 of the titular Eggman's Dozen. Who got left out? Are Cassia and Clove both considered Egg Bosses?

Nope. Cassia is a co-boss, but she's not considered a fully fledged Egg Boss. We had seven confirmed before, Conquering Storm, guy on the right and Squidgirl are new, and Nephthys is unlikely to be any of them so can be considered one not shown here. I honestly would cast doubt over Lord Kukku being an Egg Boss, but we'd have to see on that one. 

Well, Clove's looking cool as usual, still the best design. Otherwise a bunch of boring ones and a bunch of my fears realised, woop-a-doop. Here's hoping the cover's giving misdirection and the Battle Kukku aren't Egg Army.

Also

>Dulcy has her own team

goddamn it

I'm not quite sure what to say about Dulcy's design, especially due to the dynamic pose making it hard to truly judge. Seemed odd they made her body so anthro and standard SEGA, with plump characters like Big and Chip and blatantly reptilian designs like Vector, you'd think that was something she'd have leeway on compared to the others (then again they didn't like fat Rotor so...).

That art of the villain roster really puts the hero designs to shame. Look at that variety.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 1

I fucking love Dulcy's new design. Reminds me of @Drawloverlala's Dulcy design actually.

Also, Conquering Storm is back, fucking sweet.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'll be a little disheartened if the Battle Bird Armada are apart of the Egg Army now; I kind of liked he idea of there being different villain factions unrelated to Eggman. Ahh well, Conquering Storm is back.

And Dulcy too...with a rather..interesting design. I hope her head doesn't look out of place with the rest of her body.

BBA were always affiliated with Eggman to some degree. 

Dulcy

Oh, cool to finally see her again.

Conquering Storm

Oh, neat. Nice to see her again, too.

DA MOPHUGGIN BATTLE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD 

YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! I was SO worried that he'd be introduced later rather than sooner, so I'm freaking ECSTATIC to see him back to kick some more Naugus teeth in. Legitimately don't even care if he's an Egg Boss, either. Every team needs its obvious traitor. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a small headcanon I'm hoping to keep with the Battle Bird Armada is that the events of The Tails Adventure occured, and Tails ended up destroying their base, which leads to them wanting revenge or whatever, but because Tails fucked up their base, it meant they were now down a lot of resources, and soldiers. What does this mean? It meant it was the perfect time for Eggman to invade and takeover, and because they were so drained of supplies from their battle with Tails, Antoine, and Bunnie, it meant Eggman and his Egg Bosses easily defeated them, and forced them to join the Eggman Empire.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 4

Dulcy's redesign is nice. I'm slightly disheartened they're keeping the fire breath from the previous comics rather than using the much more interesting ice breath from SatAM. I wonder what her personality will be like.

That was meant to be Akhlut?

You'd think they'd at least keep the original colour scheme.

The original design was a reference to that, but the reference would be more obscured in the anthro shift, so it's likely they didn't feel like prolonging the joke. He still has the cybernetic fin (maybe more that we can't see?) and the forehead thing. Besides, we knew Akhlut was a post-reboot Egg Boss before and we were told his redesign would be drastic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Daaaaamn! Dulcy and Conquering Storm?!  Get hype!

Also, I'm really digging this Eggman's Dozen idea! It's like DC's Suicide Squad, but with Sonic villains!

Daaaaamn! Dulcy and Conquering Storm?!  Get hype!

Also, I'm really digging this Eggman's Dozen idea! It's like DC's Suicide Squad, but with Sonic villains!

Eh, more of a Master's of Evil type classic team-up, they aren't working for the good guys, nor are they up to any good

Eh, more of a Master's of Evil type classic team-up, they aren't working for the good guys, nor are they up to any good

Sounds to me like they're being assembled specifically for a really dangerous mission. That, to me, feels closer to Suicide Squad than Masters of Evil and/or Legion of Doom.

Now, if Eggman's Dozen is kept together, after this arc, and they become more of an "anti-Freedom Fighter" team, then I'd say they'll start leaning much closer to something like the Masters of Evil.

And besides, you're biased. Your username and picture are a Marvel super-villain.
:P

I fucking love Dulcy's new design. Reminds me of @Drawloverlala's Dulcy design actually.

hehe thanks for the mention... yeah... i like it too..^_^

but you know.. i was kinda expecting something like Diana Skelly and Evan Stanley came with on tumblr a time ago.. it looked pretty nice..

tumblr_nu31s4tmdd1rrw1cuo1_500.pngtumblr_inline_nu72ebOTFQ1rup4f5_500.png

isn't it? looks so adorable!

still i'm very happy to see Battle Lord!  i want to see his redesign XD haha

Edited by Drawloverlala
sorry i forgot these appeared some moths ago.. XD
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'd compare them more to Baroque Works than anything. A group of top agents under one boss with each having a group of henchmen under them more immediately reminds me of the Frontier/Officer Agents and the Millions/Billions. Legion of Doom/Masters of Evil usually implies that the villains are all on equal standing (more or less) and Suicide Squad entails they are villains forced to do good deeds against their will (or heroes forced to do bad things works too). As for the Battle Birds, context is needed as to what extent they are involved with Eggman. I wouldn't necessarily mind Battle Kukku being a full on Egg Boss (that was the original plan from what I heard) but possibly being an outside party of which Eggman is turning to and pooling resources with could also be interesting.

Edited by brohman428

Yeah Baroque Works or Donquixote Pirates I definately see with the Eggbosses.

Anyway, love the Dulcy redesign and her return as a full fledge Mobian, same said to Anklut, makes more sense for him to be Mobian since we have a whole city of them now. And Conquering Storm, glad to see her still around too.

Oh, who's the Squid girl, she's new.

Sonic281var.jpg

I love how Blaze just looks annoyed about this whole situation.

I spy the ghost girl from Night of the Werehog right at the bottom. Looks like SEGA gave Flynn the OK to use them?
  • Thumbs Up 2

Out of curiosity, who redesigned Dulcy? Was she another character that editor Lovallo redesigned like Lupe? Or did one of the other artists currently working on the book work on her?

Out of curiosity, who redesigned Dulcy? Was she another character that editor Lovallo redesigned like Lupe? Or did one of the other artists currently working on the book work on her?

Honestly? There are times where theres a reference sheet without a signature or credit on it, this being one of those cases. I'm guessing it was a collaboration.

• Thumbs Up 3

Is Dulcy's new design going to be an mobian design much like Muttski, or will she be a full size dragon like SatAM?