Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Well, this helps narrow it down a little. Which Egg Boss is she, then?

Daaaww what a cutie pie. She deserves to be called something way more cryptic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm voting the mysterious hooded figure of mystery in the background, personally. Betting five bucks that she has an egyptian theme, given that Nephtys is the name of an Ancient Egyptian Goddess and all. 

Solicits are probably around the corner, but we got a variant for Sonic Universe #82 from Tristan Jones (aka T-Rex)! I asked his permission to share it, so here it is.

12194684_1646510555591433_51221553051549

Of course the Squid girl's not Nepethys. I've a feeling she's a part of Aklut's Egg Army. Like how there's other mobians in Cassia and Thunderbolt's armies.

I think we'll be seeing Nepethys this month or next month.

Edited by Killer Matrix

Squid Girl is likely an Egg Boss all on her own, the oceans are divided between North and South after all. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah, basically everyone on that cover page is essentially an Egg Boss (or a high ranking associate of the Eggman Empire if Kukku XV is still an unofficial member), otherwise they wouldn't be present on the page.

I'm just here waiting for official confirmation on the Purple Fish Girl being the Princess of Meropis.

I'm sure she is possibly or at the very least theirs something important about her, I don't think they would just show a close up of a random Fish character during the Fights with a rather distinct design if they weren't hinting at something with her.

Speaking of which, fill art of her by Diana Skelly.

I'm sure she is possibly or at the very least theirs something important about her, I don't think they would just show a close up of a random Fish character during the Fights with a rather distinct design if they weren't hinting at something with her.

Speaking of which, fill art of her by Diana Skelly.

I saw that picture. The only thing different was that her "ears" were missing in the comics.

The same ears as Queen Angelica.

Soo....basically,

The Second Devourer looks like the interdimensional Sonic-version of Satan.

Nice to see that we can tread that territory without an identity crisis.

Soo....basically,

Hidden Content

Nice to see that we can tread that territory without an identity crisis.

I think people were right when they said the Second Devourer is similar to the Time Eater, but its appearance does give that impression.

now, one thing that's always bugged me about the comics dates back to the very, VERY early issues of the series, back when there was less story and more excuses to make lame puns. I don't know if anyone remembers, but looking at these oldies, and having a basic middle-school education, I couldn't help but notice and be irked by an enormous lack of scientific knowledge that, while may be excusable in other circumstances given the book's subject, is enough to make any sensible person who looks at it go: "THAT'S NOT HOW THAT WORKS!"
If you haven't guessed by now, I'm referring to how Sonic's shoes were depicted. You see, for a while the writers were insisting that the reason Sonic could move so fast is because of his shoes; the reason for this was because his shoes were special- IN THAT THEY WERE FRICTION-LESS.
How... how could they be that dumb?
In case you've skipped science class in basic 8th-grade, friction is essentially the force of motion of objects moving across each other, in this instance we are talking about the bottom of Sonic's shoes moving across the ground. Friction of this type works like this: basically, a type of force is moving in the opposite direction that an object is moving. The reason why pushing a couch is a difficult task is because the force of friction is moving against the way it wants to go. Why this is because the weight of the couch, in accompaniment with very tiny bumbs and ridges on the bottom, dig into the ground and make it hard to slide across. Now, to be fair, it would be easy to see why the writers would think that a lack of friction would make Sonic move easier... if he moved by SLIDING.
Running? Yeah, thing is... the friction involved in that is actually different, and necessary. You see, walking and running isn't done by sliding your feet along the ground, it's done by constantly lifting them off the ground briefly to lower them right back down, rinse and repeat. Why this requires friction is because for the brief moment our feet are on the ground, our weight and the tiny ridges grip the ground and keep them from moving. And because we are propelling ourselves forward, the opposite that the force of friction wants us to go, our feet are not sliding backwards what with all the force we're pushing off with. If our feet, or shoes for that matter, were actually without friction, it would most likely be the equivalent to having white-boards strapped to our soles. We'd be slipping all over the place, standing would be near impossible, and say goodbye to going uphill, let alone through loops! It's the reason why tires and shoes have tread on their bottoms, because they act as EXCESS friction to give them more force to push off with, and thus travel farther.
It's very hard to explain, and I doubt that everything I've typed is 100% accurate, I don't claim to be an expert on the subject at all, I'm just telling friction how I know it to be. But I can say, even without a single degree in physics, that if you want to get anywhere by running, you need friction. Which is why early Archie's idea of "friction-less shoes" doesn't work.
Now, that was the OLD Archie Sonic. The new Archie Sonic seems to be much more intelligent on the subject as in the Off-Panel of issue #253, Tails actually questions how Sonic is able to slide on rails when his shoes would require a lot of grip to run as fast as he does.
But still, the fact that the payed, "professional" writers of the 90's didn't know what even a middle-schooler could tell you just baffles me. It's perfectly moronic, and that's really all I have to say.

Edited by cjmoore25
  • Thumbs Up 2

When I was a child, I had a picture puzzle book in which an evil scientist committed various crimes using an anti-friction liquid; when spilt across the ground, this had the effect of making everyone slip over because they couldn't grip anything.  It seems it was more educational than I thought.

Okay, so this Penders fellow is planning on taking Archie Comics to court again. Over what, exactly, though--that Lost Hedgehog Tales document Ian is doing?

Here we go again...

Does he even have a leg to stand on here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Here we go again...

Does he even have a leg to stand on here?

He shouldn't. It's not officially published material. It's not any different from him publishing his own plans. Hell, you may as well call it fanfic.

I'm not really sure what the goal here is other than making an ass of himself.

That said, I'm not sure if/how LHT even ties into what's going on still. Last I heard, he was pursuing legal action for royalties from his work on Archie/DC's Impact imprint. I can only assume he namedropped Flynn as a scare tactic, because LHT has jack-all to do with his fight over Impact.

Edited by Zaysho

Well, he did cryptically mention "other parties" but he's since failed to explain who they are or at least why they'd have a problem LHT or how it fits into this other case.

He should've just kept his mouth shut if he can't actually talk about this stuff in the first place.

Edited by Zaysho

I thought at least part of the point of the LSC forum was keeping Penders related information out of this forum, especially since in this case we don't even know what, if anything, his recent comments have to do with the Sonic comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we can see another Crossover, next year, this time with that Second Devourer as the focal point, and it would be up to Sonic, Sonic (Sonic Boom Variant) and Mega Man to defeat them, this time! Screw the mandates, this will be in the 25th Anniversary!

I think we can see another Crossover, next year, this time with that Second Devourer as the focal point, and it would be up to Sonic, Sonic (Sonic Boom Variant) and Mega Man to defeat them, this time! Screw the mandates, this will be in the 25th Anniversary!

An anniversary story, sure, but I highly doubt Mega Man would be involved.

• Thumbs Up 1