Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

the Werehog vs Dark Gaia Phoenix cover is stunning! my favourite along with the Eggman fried one! (wich reminds me Frolo's death  XD heh)

also ...the wicked variant looks like a christmas tree~  *p*

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 3

That Fried Variant...ooooh shit! To think it makes you feel worried for an evil, world conquering dictator that has committed heinous war crimes.

And Dark Gaia Pheonix! Fuck yeah!

Can't wait to see this stuff! Especially Knuckles and Mighty vs Thunderbolt!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 7

Maybe Eggman wouldn't be in such danger if he actually installed DROP SHADOWS in Eggmanland!

And I can't wait for the Werehog and Dulcy to stuff that overgrown turkey! (And hopefully justify why it doesn't help them on their quest) Also, WOOT! More Mighty action! (& Knuckles)

• Thumbs Up 5

I thought the reason the Gaia Phoenix wasn't around was because it guarded the region due to it containing the Gaia Temple.

Either way, I can't wait to see the humans of Chun-nan get involved! Hualin was always my favorite out of the people there, with Jinlin coming second.

God, Tyson is just killing it with his covers.  Too bad the interior art won't nearly be as satisfying, since we have Cassata's dull colours, Austin's jagged inking and Peppers' all too static art (weird, since it used to be a lot better).  At least Hernandez is doing the Mighty story, which I am completely hyped for. 

As for SU, I just love Skely's cover.  Not to mention how much I think this arc is likely going to be a real winner.  I can't wait for part 1 next month.  Strange though, usually Yardley does SU covers, but others have been chipping in as of recent.  Nice to see some more artistic range.

• Thumbs Up 3

All right! 900th page reached! 

Not gonna lie but I'm more interested in Shards and Sparks than the main story obviously because of Mighty and Knuckles meeting up and Hernandez who is definitely one of my favorite artists for the comics!

"still waits impatiently for Eggman's Dozen"

It's good to know I'm not the only one who dislikes Cassata's colors, they're just too stale for my taste. I prefer Steve Downer, there's something about the style of his colors that I really love.

• Thumbs Up 5

So, whats the actual source of this solicit?

From what I heard, there's a preview for a digital store version, but I can confirm it's not on Play Store.

It's not comiXology, either. Could possibly be on Archie's app?

Not sure if I've heard about it being dropped anywhere else, but they never keep these in one place...

I think I found the correct preview, from the same wiki....

latest?cb=20151114014800

latest?cb=20151114014806

latest?cb=20151114014812

latest?cb=20151114014840

latest?cb=20151114014847

^I really feel for Bunnie for that one.

Also, NEW SOLCITS ALREADY?! Those main covers are real winners!

• Thumbs Up 5

Man, the Archie Sonic Team is going to use every animal on Earth.

Better than Sonic Team's solution of crapping out a hedgehog for the occasion.

They'll use every mammal on Earth, at least. Aside from Meropis, any new non-mammals have been few and far between, most uses have been in background filler spaces (we have Squid girl, possibly Nephthys, I remember Lea having a few ideas for an insect which I have no idea if it'll pan out, and possibly Dulcy's team). Granted, it's not like there no reason for it; mammals have possibly the greatest visual diversion of any phyla in the animal kingdom, you can get away with far more unique designs from that.

Yeah I'm not surprised that Archie is going to use much more unique and exotic species for new characters in the current reboot which is obviously a very good thing since there's so many creative possibilities you make with so many different animals. 

It definitely beats the millions of hedgehog ocs you see everywhere on the Internet<_<.

Still I wonder why more basic animals such as rhinos, hippos, horses, cows etc don't get used more often, probably because rather then having a unique design that makes them actually look their species, they would just have the same body and facial structure as Sonic with only a few differences.

Otherwise I'd totally be down for an elephant character as long as it's designed properly.:D

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1