Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

That's exactly what i was thinking.

I have no idea when we'll see gorillas, penguins, kangaroos,Tasmanian devils or whatever as far the current timeline goes.

The best i can assure it is that they'll simply introduced as brand new characters in the future.

Edited by Dan-Dude

I recall Ian saying he wants to avoid making any new hedgehogs, foxes, wolves, or rabbits, because he feels those have all been done to death. He'd rather introduce kids to more obscure animals, like pikas and pronghorns. 

Also, he can't make any new echidnas, for obvious reasons.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd be happy as long as they make each species look diverse and unique.  

I'm expecting Archie to use more diverse body shapes too. There's Knuckles with a flatter longer head, Big with a huge body and small head, and Vector who has a unique body shape, so there shouldn't be a reason to keep making them look like Sonic with a few differences. Female cast shouldn't be an exception, as they did pretty well with Thunderbolt.

For now I only have problems with Lupe, the shark kid, new hedgehog-porcupine guy, and the squid girl. Hope Archie keeps up the good work.

• Thumbs Up 4

Me: How many Freedom Fighter groups are there & what's the usual amount of members in each group?

Ian Flynn: We'll be touching on that in tomorrow's #BumbleKast! Got a question? Ask on Twitter & include "#BumbleKast"

So, if anyone was curious...

I haven't watched BumbleKast; maybe I should start.

What are the chances we'll see bacteria-based Mobians in the comics?

I dunno, depends on design. It could turn out as something like this.

Smudge_The_Bacteria.thumb.png.0f89e8cac1 

Looks like a pretty interesting Sonic character doesn't it?:lol:

But in all seriousness, It's very unlikely. I doubt Archie would go that far.

(and yes i did make this bacteria OC :P.) 

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 4

Eh, Bacterium seem really a stretch given that geni are hardly defined between each other. Would you be able to tell the genus of Monty the Staphylococcus at even a close analysis? Plus, they're not animals, they're distanced the same way plants and fungi are. 

Closest group we may get are the Cnidaria; they're some of the simplest animals but they're still recognisable as their genus. That includes animal that have immature polyps and mature medusae forms. You may know some of them as jellyfish. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Eh, Bacterium seem really a stretch given that geni are hardly defined between each other. Would you be able to tell the genus of Monty the Staphylococcus at even a close analysis? Plus, they're not animals, they're distanced the same way plants and fungi are. 

Closest group we may get are the Cnidaria; they're some of the simplest animals but they're still recognisable as their genus. That includes animal that have immature polyps and mature medusae forms. You may know some of them as jellyfish. 

Aw yeah! Count me in among those who'd like to see Sonic jellyfish, anemones, and Portuguese man-o-wars! :P 

(Seriously, though, I think some of those could work. Maybe not the anemones... xD)

Convince Ian to lose his fear of basing stuff in real world cultures and give me literal Portuguese Man-'o-wars :V

• Thumbs Up 1

i would like to see more incects..  XD

you know.. Charmy its the only mobian incect on the Sonic cast by now

butterflies, ladybugs, spiders....  spiders would have an interesting to design .. dragonflies well there is a bunch to choose XD and not necesary they have to be with a normal Sonic bodyshape.. ^_^

Edited by Drawloverlala
  • Thumbs Up 8

butterflies, ladybugs, spiders....  spiders would have an interesting to design .. dragonflies well there is a bunch to choose XD and not necesary they have to be with a normal Sonic bodyshape.. ^_^

THIS

Why the heck aren't there more insects in the series!? Heck I don't think I've ever seen a single new bug character since the reboot.:huh:I mean there's so many bugs in the world to choose from and SEGA can only create one bee? 

Man, all this talk about new species really makes me wish there were new characters in the main game series. But of course thanks to the majority of the fanbase and critics whining about too many characters.(Which again,is a stupid thing to complain about since Sonic doesn't even come close to just about every other franchise out there in terms of characters!)  It's a shame too, There's so much you could do with so many animals and abilities as well as coming up with many new and interesting designs. Guess we'll just have to rely on Archie for that..'sigh'

Talk about wasted potential. 

• Thumbs Up 3

THIS

Why the heck aren't there more insects in the series!? Heck I don't think I've ever seen a single new bug character since the reboot.:huh:I mean there's so many bugs in the world to choose from and SEGA can only create one bee? 

Man, all this talk about new species really makes me wish there were new characters in the main game series. But of course thanks to the majority of the fanbase and critics whining about too many characters.(Which again,is a stupid thing to complain about since Sonic doesn't even come close to just about every other franchise out there in terms of characters!)  It's a shame too, There's so much you could do with so many animals and abilities as well as coming up with many new and interesting designs. Guess we'll just have to rely on Archie for that..'sigh'

Talk about wasted potential. 

Honestly, I would love to see at least one representative for each species of animal.

Nothing specific, like "monarch butterfly", but something generic, like "butterfly".

I would LOVE to see a praying mantis. Love it more if included the folding arm as part of their design. Of course, without it being another Sonic or Sally clone. 

Or a firefly. I wouldn't mind if a firefly character has the same body shape as Charmy.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd love to see more insects as well, always been a sucker for beetles specifically. As for others, primates are always fun (and I miss Monkey Khan and Sgt. Simian) and I'd like to see an elephant or bull join the cast (or "rejoin" in the elephant's case...I also miss Mammoth Mogul). Just for something a little more "out there", I'd add a giraffe to the list just to see what it would look like. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love to see more insects as well, always been a sucker for beetles specifically. As for others, primates are always fun (and I miss Monkey Khan and Sgt. Simian) and I'd like to see an elephant or bull join the cast (or "rejoin" in the elephant's case...I also miss Mammoth Mogul). Just for something a little more "out there", I'd add a giraffe to the list just to see what it would look like. 

A giraffe, I love it! Certain to be interesting considering Sonic characters don't even have necks normally xD

Back in the pre-reboot days they had a minor giraffe character, but he was done in the style of SatAM rather than SegaSonic.

Edited by Monkey Destruction Switch
  • Thumbs Up 1

What are the chances we'll see bacteria-based Mobians in the comics?

Not at all likely.

Doesn't mean I don't want it.

I dunno if the bacteria-inspired Mobians was a joke or not. But all I'm remembering is that early comedic issue where Sonic gets shrunk down to microscopic size and meets his friends' antibodies, who were literally his friends dressed up as old women.

I also would like to see more incest Mobians (or whatever they're called now that they can't use "Mobius" as the planet's name anymore...), but my fear is that Archie/SEGA would hesitate to do so thanks to the old continuity's Bees and Fire Ants who were created by you-know-who, who'd probably take that as another "violation of copyright". (And there was the spider ninjas, but I think those were made by Bollers).

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly I'm surprised at the lack of birds. I mean sure, there were a lot of them in the old timeline but most of them were either villains,freedom fighters, or just minor characters.

In the games, we've only had the Babylon Rouges and even then they've obviously been shafted aside. Bean and the Battle Bird Armada were old characters who were sadly scrapped away.

Birds need more love. I mean come on! We're talking ostriches, parrots, toucans, flamingos, woodpeckers, and maybe even obscure birds like spoonbills and kiwis. I certainly wouldn't mind penguins and roadrunners coming back either.

Also, am I the only one who wants snails?

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 3

So I got Issue 278 today EDIT: The Spoiler thing went nuts, so click this new one

Nephthys is a Vulture, more Bird People! XD Trevor is also blind.

And Nephthys is a Vulture. More Bird People! XD

Edited by therealfalconpawnch77
  • Thumbs Up 3

Honestly I'm surprised at the lack of birds. I mean sure, there were a lot of them in the old timeline but most of them were either villains,freedom fighters, or just minor characters.

In the games, we've only had the Babylon Rouges and even then they've obviously been shafted aside. Bean and the Battle Bird Armada were old characters who were sadly scrapped away.

Birds need more love. I mean come on! We're talking ostriches, parrots, toucans, flamingos, woodpeckers, and maybe even obscure birds like spoonbills and kiwis. I certainly wouldn't mind penguins and roadrunners coming back either.

Also, am I the only one who wants snails?

Heh, heh, fun fact: I asked Ian whether we'd see a Mobian snail as a question for BumbleKast :P

Edited by QuantumEdge
  • Thumbs Up 2

A vulture? Huh, neat. Since vultures in most media are portrayed as villains, it obviously makes sense.

Can't say the same thing about Trevor having the whole blind mole stereotype which I just searched up and found out that moles are not blind contrary to popular belief. But meh, whatever.

• Thumbs Up 3