Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Elise actually show's up with a bio back in the Sonic Encyclopedia.

Perhaps there was a plan for her pre-reboot?

Nope, last I heard that stuff's embargoed due to how the rights with the anime series works (it's partially owned by TMS). Same reason OVA is untouchable.

Yeah, X, the OVA, Fleetway, and Underground stuff are off-limits, which is why the epilogue for the latter was scrapped.

I'm sure Elise at least exists in this universe. I dunno how 06 really stands anymore in the SEGA universe, but I'm sure, at least, the kingdom Elise ruled over exists. So if that exists in SEGA, it likely exists in Archie. But we'd have to have a reason to explore it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, X, the OVA, Fleetway, and Underground stuff are off-limits, which is why the epilogue for the latter was scrapped.

Huh, I didn't realize Underground was untouchable. I thought the epilogue was scrapped due to all the other problems that were going on during the Penders lawsuit and it just didn't fit into what they were doing with the book now. I would think that material would technically be usable since it's one of the DiC cartoons.

Edited by Zaysho

All that stuff is more off-limits due to it being irrelevant to the franchise, as far as I understand it. Even if the OVA and Sonic X didn't have rights issues, they'd still be off limits probably. 

• Thumbs Up 3

All that stuff is more off-limits due to it being irrelevant to the franchise, as far as I understand it. Even if the OVA and Sonic X didn't have rights issues, they'd still be off limits probably. 

If that was the case, then why did they do an Olympics-based story in one issue and a All-Stars Racing Transformed story in another?

Cause those didn't happen over a decade prior to their creation? I mean, they got away with a Chronicles story too.

If that was the case, then why did they do an Olympics-based story in one issue and a All-Stars Racing Transformed story in another?

Wasn't the ASRT issue actually promoting ASRT, though? It was still an upcoming game at the time.

And, going by Lost Hedgehog Tales, McDonald's is the reason there was an Olympics story in the first place and it technically did promote the Olympics, even though it was a couple months late.

Edited by Zaysho

I'm sure Ian could make Elise likable, but even he hated Chris.

Well, I guess that goes to show more of Ian's limits then. Was worth a shot - ever since Ian worked his magic on most characters in the comics, I was willing to give even those I hated a second chance under his pen.

But Elise tho, for all her poor handling and reception, there is some hidden gold in her use as Soleanna's main political figure at least. Then again, anything other than her portrayal in Sonic 06 would be a good thing...maybe. (I've been surprised before at how things can go worse)

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see Elise and Chris reimagined as anthro characters like Muttski, actually. I feel like they would be siblings.

I could see Elise and Chris reimagined as anthro characters like Muttski, actually. I feel like they would be siblings.

Except that:

A. SEGA probably wouldn't allow Elise, a game-originated character, to become a Mobian, and

B. Chris is still under a mandate.

If anyone deserves to transform into a Mobian, it's Froggy. And not just in the comics!

#MAKEMOBIANFROGGY

Edited by Arranos
  • Thumbs Up 3

I didn't say it had a chance of happening, just that I wanted it. I've read the last two pages.

I didn't say it had a chance of happening, just that I wanted it. I've read the last two pages.

All right.

Although, if Elise did get changed to a Mobian, at least THAT scene would have some "appropriateness".

some, but still not enough considering they spent a whole 2 and a half days around each other and Amy was literally right there.

Hell, why didn't they just change it depending on who you picked in the "trial of love" thing? That would have actually made it relevant and up to the player whether they wanted a human kissing an animal's corpse.

If anyone deserves to transform into a Mobian, it's Froggy. And not just in the comics!

#MAKEMOBIANFROGGY

Mobian Froggy would be a awesome idea! :D  

I was going to say that half of Adventure's story would need to be rewritten but i forgot about continuity so....

#MAKEMOBIANFROGGY 

Edited by Dan-Dude

Mobian Froggy would be a awesome idea! :D  

I was going to say that half of Adventure's story would need to be rewritten but i forgot about continuity so....

#MAKEMOBIANFROGGY 

They did it with Muttski, but they can't do it with Froggy because SEGA.

If only SEGA can do that. I always imagine Froggy becoming a Mobian due to the Chaos Emerald and Chaos' tail both being in him and slowly absorbing energy to the point of mutating into "Hopper the Frog" (that or the Master Emerald mutating him).

In other news, any previews out for SU82 yet? I heard it comes out tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I'd rather they not do that with Froggy mainly to show that there are still primitive animals compared to the humanoid Mobians. Heck, I'd still rather Akhlut have remain a non-anthro, tho it's no huge deal.

• Thumbs Up 3

Actually, I'd rather they not do that with Froggy mainly to show that there are still primitive animals compared to the humanoid Mobians. Heck, I'd still rather Akhlut have remain a non-anthro, tho it's no huge deal.

Man, I miss Akhlut as an actual badass orca. Now he looks like a creepy blob.

It feels weird that there are primitive animals in a world full of anthropomorphic animals.

I would rather there be either one or the other.

That's just an opinion. A GAME OPIN*shot*

I tend to think of Froggy being like the Flickies and other little creatures from the games, so I personally don't think there's much reason to make him a Mobian.

Muttski's kind of a weird case, but I assume he was altered as he was to illustrate the changes in the world. There are probably still non-Mobian dogs running around that are owned by people.

Edited by Zaysho

I don't see how that's weird at all. We've had so many cartoons with anthros and primitive animals that it makes no sense why Sonic has to be treated in one extreme or the other. Seriously, there are primitive bears, wolves, and elephants in Sly Cooper, a game completely devoid of humans and populated only by anthros; Disney cartoons like Mickey Mouse have primitive animals like Pluto, and even Warner Brother Cartoons like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck were no stranger to anthros and primitive animals.

Then there's Courage the Cowardly Dog, Rocko's Modern Life, Quack Pack, etc.

I know this wasn't meant to be that serious, but at the same time, it's just bizarre as to how some can actually treat this as so black or white.

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't see how that's weird at all. We've had so many cartoons with anthros and primitive animals that it makes no sense why Sonic has to be treated in one extreme or the other. Seriously, there are primitive bears, wolves, and elephants in Sly Cooper, a game completely devoid of humans and populated only by anthros; Disney cartoons like Mickey Mouse have primitive animals like Pluto, and even Warner Brother Cartoons like Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck were no stranger to anthros and primitive animals.

Then there's Courage the Cowardly Dog, Rocko's Modern Life, Quack Pack, etc.

I know this wasn't meant to be that serious, but at the same time, it's just bizarre as to how some can actually treat this as so black or white.

I suppose I wasn't clear in my wording, but when I say he's a weird case, I meant because he didn't remain a pet character akin to Froggy or the other little creatures and was so heavily altered, but I understood it because what that change was meant to illustrate. Never said it wouldn't still work as he originally was and I did entertain the possibility of regular dogs co-existing in this universe.

Though I admit I'm probably taking this too seriously :P

Edited by Zaysho