Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I suppose I wasn't clear in my wording, but when I say he's a weird case, I meant because he didn't remain a pet character akin to Froggy or the other little creatures and was so heavily altered, but I understood it because what that change was meant to illustrate. Never said it wouldn't still work as he originally was and I did entertain the possibility of regular dogs co-existing in this universe.

Though I admit I'm probably taking this too seriously :P

That...wasn't directed at  you tho. lol

I was referring to Arranos little jest, but you get my drift.

That...wasn't directed at  you tho. lol

I was referring to Arranos little jest, but you get my drift.

I guess you're right. It just feels weird to have some in-between phase in the form of Flickies and the other animal friends (like tiny elephants, gorillas, and lions).

But since they've been around since the beginning, I guess I shouldn't really say anything since they're a staple.

Redirecting from this discussion, I've got a question: Are the comics usually delayed a week or two?

Don't put too much thought into the who'll An thro and Primitive animal subject or you'll only end up straining your brain on the subject.

They did it with Muttski, but they can't do it with Froggy because SEGA.

If only SEGA can do that. I always imagine Froggy becoming a Mobian due to the Chaos Emerald and Chaos' tail both being in him and slowly absorbing energy to the point of mutating into "Hopper the Frog" (that or the Master Emerald mutating him).

In other news, any previews out for SU82 yet? I heard it comes out tomorrow.

haha i love this idea i played around in my head you could imagine Ian or another writer doing this idea, imagine say Sally, Bunnie, Tails, Rotor, Nicole & Big with froggy went to a Gia Temple in a short story and there was a Emerald in the temple with a strange water substance and some insects went in and froggy went in it as well and in a Prometheus like way they become humanoid thus going in a Prometheus way of how life was created, you could really play around with this type pf story and letting other parties try to  play god with it. 

The way I see it, mobians are more a species of their own, and what animal they *sort of* look like is more a matter of race, while the basic anatomy (besides being noodle people) is essentially the same as humans. That's why there exist mobini bees with 6 legs and mobian bees with 2.

What it doesn't explain is why our important mobians are physically so much more durable and agile than humans. Their bones would have to be light as a feather and also made out of titanium.

Just a minor thing; Sonic Universe #82 appears not to be releasing next week either. 

Are they planning to push it back to next year?

Edited by Arranos

Any spoilers though?

*Goes to Tumblr...

tumblr_nydu3sBYfQ1rjln1bo1_500.png

Oh...

Also, found a 4 season version of that variant cover, done by a fan:

tumblr_ny4qhbU1cf1sn062qo1_1280.png

Edited by Sonictrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any spoilers though?

*Goes to Tumblr...

Hidden Content

Oh...

Also, found a 4 season version of that variant cover, done by a fan:

We already knew about that page. Check back on page 905.

Also, Jennifer Hernandez (Chibi-Jen-Hen) is, so I hear, an official artist for the comics.

Edited by Arranos

She drew the Waves of Change arc, and that's about it. I'm honestly not that impressed by her pencilling. It's okay, but something about the faces doesn't sit well with me.

Also, found a 4 season version of that variant cover, done by Ziggyfin, member of SSMB and creator of the SA2 fan comic:

Went ahead and fixed that sentence for you.

• Thumbs Up 2

Went ahead and fixed that sentence for you.

Haha that's alright! I mean I am a fan, and I've just recently slithered out from the Showcase section so people probably don't know me around here yet. That was a lot of fun to color! I just did it for practice. I love Jen's pencilling because it seems so happy!

Edited by Ziggyfin
  • Thumbs Up 6

Haha that's alright! I mean I am a fan, and I've just recently slithered out from the Showcase section so people probably don't know me around here yet. That was a lot of fun to color! I just did it for practice. I love Jen's pencilling because it seems so happy!

Yeah but credit where credit is due y'know?

• Thumbs Up 3

A lot of issues were delayed from December 2nd due to something Marvel were cooking up, so that one's not so surprising. But there isn't a peep of a preview this week either, and that seems more odd.

Incidentally, Previews World have the variant for SU#82 down as coming out later than the variant for SU#83. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Comixology and Google Play store are saying Sonic 279 and Universe 82 are delayed to December 30th.

So... any hopes for the upcoming IDW Sonic comic once Archie admits they want to cancel their licensed stuff? :V

I don't know anything about IDW. If that did happen and Sega thought continuing the legacy of the Archiverse was worth it (which, it had fuckin better), what would change? How does IDW handle things?

If IDW get the comic, the Archie-exclusive cast dies, basically. 

But I don't think this is coming to that, they've had issues like this in December before. 

• Thumbs Up 1