Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Damn, got to say, Eggma's reign over all these locations is impressive.

I know their are times when Sonic, Sally or core FF's question why certain people would either betray, surrender, or willingly join the Eggman Empire, but the thing is that most of them didn't had a freaking choice in the matter. Sonic is fast, but he can't be everywhere at once trying to prevent Eggy from enslaving/recruiting a large number of people, Luckily Lupe and the Wolf pack was spared this fate.

• Thumbs Up 6

I wouldn't say most, at least not yet.

Some actually had a choice. Multiple choices, in fact. It's just that for some, serving Eggman was the better alternative. They could have fought him and risk their lives and people, succeeding at a cost (like what Lupe and her tribe did), be conquered and suffer, or potentially die for nothing. Some could have done nothing and suffered the circumstances they were in whether Eggman involved himself or not (like Cassia and Clove). Meanwhile, others wanted power and control just like Eggman, and what better way to get it than to serve under the man with the same desires and who could make your wishes a reality like Thunderbolt does?

This is one of the hallmarks I enjoy of Ian's writing - people have different motives and beliefs, some sympathetic, some self-serving, and many other spectrums while working under the same banner without them coming off as a collective mass that can't stand strong on their own. At least with antagonists - he has fumbled this with the protagonists pre-SGW with other trivial stuff (House of Cards, KhanXSally in the Iron Dominion arc) though there are some good parts despite that. He's been doing  better with the heroes nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished Endgame. Boy, as much as I appreciate the team in the early days, I can't wait for the lead artists to swap out. Binge reading with the old art style is hurting my eyes pretty hardcore.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not as familiar with the old comics as some, but from what I know, you'll have to wait quite a while for consistently quality artwork.

You know, I just read #54. Not one single shred of action. And I loved it. So cerebral. They staff has DEFINITELY made their tonal shift by this point, and I enjoy this slower dive into the psyche. This is more of the stuff I've wanted to see explored with Sonic characters.

I'm not as familiar with the old comics as some, but from what I know, you'll have to wait quite a while for consistently quality artwork.

Yeah, when it comes to the older issues, be prepared for some sizable inconsistency with the art, especially in Issues like #113....

• Thumbs Up 1

At least till Ian and Tracy Yardley! finally get on board. And even then, just like I'm dubious on Ian's early stuff, I'm kinda the same on Yardley!'s early stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's going by this stuff rather quickly. He'll probably catch up around next week by this rate.

Glad to see you're enjoying the old continuity, as inconsistent and questionable it has become over time.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can say at least for the pre-Yardley! art is... Well, at least we still have Spaz.

Edited by shdowhunt60

...I just hit #56, and this is the first time I feel I should have checked the spinoffs for some extra info. It COMPLETELY lost me. Where do I need to go to get the MASSIVE fill-in between #55 and #56? That BumbleKing forum post didn't list anything.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Looks like Knuckles the Echidna 7-9. I'll see if I can find them.

Edited by JohnTheDreamer

I could supply you with the issues you need but I don't know if posting links to scan sites is allowed here, and I'll be damned if I wanted to scan them myself

Edited by Shaddy Joestar Dreemurr

I use a scan site to read the books because I can't afford to buy them at this time.

Questions: The issues that should come out are SU82, STH279, and SU83? (and MM55?)

Isn't there supposed to be an Origins story for Razor coming?

I use a scan site to read the books because I can't afford to buy them at this time.

Questions: The issues that should come out are SU82, STH279, and SU83? (and MM55?)

Isn't there supposed to be an Origins story for Razor coming?

Yeah, I think those are in the Super Digests though, not the main books.

And I was just not sure if linking to scan sites is allowed here because it's not exactly legal. I suppose it's only a real problem when people don't buy new issues as they come out and only use scans. I much prefer using sonicscanf as a resource when talking about the comic and getting specific panels since usually their stuff is taken from digital releases and therefore is usually higher quality than, say, taking a picture of my own comic book.

Thanks for the offer. I ended up continuing on and it got quite a bit less confusing. From #31 to #67 in one day...

The Artwork, plus the fact that I had no freaking idea what the hell was going on in the story anymore, was what made me quit the comic until Ian and Yardley came in on the main book.

I'd say Nephthys is somewhat closer to Bill or Beauregard, with the new freedom fighter team an extension of that.

I thought Nepethys was the spiritual sucessor to Finitevius, and Tundra closer to Beauguard...

@JohnTheDreamer

So you are going to go through the old issues? Just the main ones, and not the minis, Specials, Super Specials, or the Knuckles book? Be prepared to be lost, as the mythology about the Echidnas will annoyingly be vitally important to the main book all the way to the old continuity's end. You will need to read the Knuckles book (and preceeding mini) to know who many of the antagonists are. You will need at least need the final Super Special to get the whole story for the Sonic Adventure "adaptation". And be prepared to for bad art, especially when Ron Lim becomes a regular penciller.

When you get to Flynn's run, you'll probably also want to get access to Sonic Universe, since that's just as important as the main book.

If you are not able to read the old Specials/Super Specials... then that would probably be for the best (unless you want the full story for the aforementioned SA adaptation). Because I think your enthusiasm for the book would probably be dimmed by the likes of Sonic Live, Sonic/Image: Parallel Paradigm, Sally McAcorn, and Naugus Games amongst so many others. Main book series is going to be bad enough.

I thought Nepethys was the spiritual sucessor to Finitevius, and Tundra closer to Beauguard...

Neph acts nothing like Finevitus. She's only sided with Eggman because she feels she has no other choice, the same way Beauregard did. She also keeps her territory in a perminant stalemate, the way Bill did against the Downunda Freedom Fighters.

Edited by Toby

Yeah but Nepethys and Finitevus do share the fact that they both have really stupid, hard to pronounce names.

I wish Archie could acquire the Fleetway Sonic continuity, then we could replace so many pre-SGW characters with StC characters.

I found a spoiler for the last part of the Silver age!

Hidden Content

Yeah, I posted it, lol. Even before I knew that this issue was delayed.

For me it means that Silver "learned" that phrase during The Silver Age, because everyone kept saying it. It's pretty hilarious, Stanley did an amazing job with this arc, even if the end of it kinda sucks.

Not because it's bad, but because it's an open end.

Edited by Ruki185