Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Chapter 1 of Lost Hedgehog Tales just added another reason, in my long list, for hating McDonald's.

That alternate SU cover by Ryan Jampole looks like a 10 year-old won an art contest. I get that they were going for a chibi look, but he can do much better than this.

Edited by Jason the Jackass
  • Thumbs Up 1

1. OH MY GOD, FINALLY, WE'RE GETTING TO THE END OF THE SHATTERED WORLD SAGA, AND CREAM IS DOING SOMETHING?! WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNNN.

2. Are those the Skypatrol villains I see?

• Thumbs Up 9

Good god, that Skelly cover is heaven...  And Metal's being turned into a Naugus crony?  Sweet.  Damn, this arc is gonna rule.  And finally, we're starting to see the tail end of this Unleashed saga.  Gaia Colossus and Dark Gaia here we come...

• Thumbs Up 5

Good to see we're finally getting those new Boom stories we were promised.

And I'm surprised if Shattered World is ending within the next few issues. Thought it would've been dragged out to #300.

Sally's body and leg makes me uncomfortable compared with the other member in StH283's variant cover, but other than that it's looking awesome.

That alternate SU cover by Ryan Jampole looks like a 10 year-old won an art contest. I get that they were going for a chibi look, but he can do much better than this.

Agreed, looks like one of the shorts they have in the last page of the book. Using that on a cover makes it look its unfinished and or drawn at the last minute.
As for the new characters-the rabbit is cute, the bear looks too plain, and whatever the top-right animal is he looks like another copy of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh boy. Stuff's gonna go down!

We've always seen Cream get sidelined by the other guys. Now this is her chance!

Eggman hunting down Phage? Tails Doll having crucial info? Sounds interesting!

CRYSTAL SONIC!!! HOLO-ARMOR EGGMAN!!! Now we know why Metal isn't enough! Redesigned Carrotia, Bearenger, and Focke-Wulf!

AND WHO IS NUMBER 12!?!?!?!? HOW IMPORTANT ARE THEY?!?!?!?!

SONIC and the FREEDOM FIGHTERS are GO in “The Mission”: Sonic and Sally put out the call to the world! They have the Chaos Emeralds, they have the Gaia Keys, and now they have a plan! And the central hero to it all is… Cream?! Then, in “Zero Hour,” Dr. Eggman finally tracks down Phage! And when Tails Doll gives the mad doctor some crucial info, will Sonic’s plans for saving the world fall apart? Featuring cover art by the delightful Diana Skelly and a “GUARDIANS” variant cover by the amazing Adam Bryce Thomas!

SONIC and the FREEDOM FIGHTERS are GO in “The Mission”: Sonic and Sally put out the call to the world! They have the Chaos Emeralds, they have the Gaia Keys, and now they have a plan! And the central hero to it all is… Cream?!

And the central hero to it all is… Cream?!

DEAR FUCKING LORD FINALLY!!! IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME IAN!!! I mean gawd DAMN! It took you THIS long to finally have Cream DO SOMETHING and I mean something LEGIT rather than something negligible like, I don't know, airlift people or give someone a stupid fucking band-aid! This moment better be the one I've waited FIVE YEARS for! If it is, then I'm taking back every piece of criticism I had for Ian's handling of Cream. If not, however, then he is officially dead to me. For now though, I'm just going to be happy he FINALLY considered using her. Holy crap! ...

*Ahem* With that little outburst out of the way, everything else about these solicits is looking good! Shattered World Crisis is finally going to end and it looks like the other Freedom Fighters are going to join in the action, which is swell. Finally we get to see the designs for the other Witchcarters and they definitely seem interesting (I'm amused Carrotia is now a Lop like Cream and Vanilla). Can't wait for these issue's release!

• Thumbs Up 1

Carrotia, the Cream-Rouge. Fockewolf, the Were-Thrash. Bearenger, the...generic bear.

Anyway, good to see they didn't totally just kill Phage back in Spark of Life. I kinda want to see her get a corporeal form like Nicole, that'd curb the void in my heart left by Shard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, you just reminded me, heard murmurs say that the Silver Age was originally a pre-reboot story with Shard, but Gold and the Bits were last minute replacements and the arc was moved later once the reboot hit. Thanks for the cue, I kept forgetting to post that!

• Thumbs Up 2

Sweet Mother of Archie!!:o

Where do I even start!?

The Shattered World Crisis is finally coming to an end and to a shock, Cream of all people is the one to finish it all!?:blink: Could a 6-year-old girl really be the answer to restoring the entire planet?! 

Yes Yes Yes! It's about time we got to see Carrotia, Focke and Bearenger and well as their new designs!                    

And of course we get rad covers as usual!;)

Yep, getting pretty hyped about this! Can't wait for Eggman's Dozen and the upcoming issues!:D

Edited by Dan-Dude

I haven't been keeping up lately, so apologies if this is something that happened in an issue that's already out, but what's the deal with that Crystal Sonic? Is that Metal taken over by Naugus (likely, considering the design) or did he create it from scratch?

Kinda hoping it's the later. Knock-off of a knock-off. :P

so if iam right.... every single character from the video games franchise will have been introduced in the Archie universe?
true or false

so if iam right.... every single character from the video games franchise will have been introduced in the Archie universe?
true or false

Some characters are off-limits, namely Eggman Nega, Black Doom, Mephiles, and the Nocturne Clan.

• Thumbs Up 3

Some characters are off-limits, namely Eggman Nega, Black Doom, Mephiles, and the Nocturne Clan.

So, everybody minus the characters that nobody cares about.

Okay, so it WOULD be cool to actually have Shahra, Merlina, Caliburn, and Erazor Djinn. Otherwise, not gonna miss any of the rest of those.

Black doom is in  flash back and the black arms come though, I think that counts.

Mephilies might come back though, if sonic runners is any indication

No, cause they aren't allowed to bring people back from the dead that the games have killed. That's why Meph and Doom weren't the villains of Shadow Fall.

Plus, I like sticking with the idea that the Time Eater/Second Devourer is the reincarnation of Mephiles.

No, cause they aren't allowed to bring people back from the dead that the games have killed. That's why Meph and Doom weren't the villains of Shadow Fall.

Plus, I like sticking with the idea that the Time Eater/Second Devourer is the reincarnation of Mephiles.

I think meph has more to do with shadow besides looking like him, than the time eater. Or both, that raises more shadow questions. Though all of this is conjecture so whatever

Haha more Skypatrol representation, awesome. I can almost imagine that when Ian approached the Sega reps to use Carrotia, Bearenger and Focker they looked at him blankly and said "Who?!".

• Thumbs Up 8

I feel more like there's a list of characters they can use, a list of characters they can't use, and anyone who's on neither list is fair game

Whelp, all I can say is if Focke-Wulf doesn't have an amusingly absurd German accent, and an obsession with destructive machinery I shall be mighty disappointed in Ian haha

He does look like he shares some kind of crazy with Bean tho, so that's one check mark on the list.

I can only hope they don't rush the Shattered World Crisis too much, but that might have been the reason they've been accelerating the pace of their stories in the main comic since Worlds Unite messed up the pacing.

I haven't been disappointed in their stories since, but after praising the expanded scope this Unleashed adaption has been without being incohesive, I'm expecting nothing short of intense and epic in the adaptation's endgame. So here's hoping it's building up that way!

That said, I wonder what Eggman's tracking down Phage for. The solicit gives me the impression that she's in trouble for something (besides her failure), but I'm probably just reading too much out of it. She hasn't been disloyal, so I'm assuming he's just rescuing her from whatever isolated part of the net she's in after her defeat.

EDIT: Oh shit...forgot about the Shamar FFs.

Man, it's gonna seriously SUCK for Sonic and Co when they find out they're actually affiliated with the Eggman Empire.

DEAR FUCKING LORD FINALLY!!! IT'S ABOUT FREAKING TIME IAN!!! I mean gawd DAMN! It took you THIS long to finally have Cream DO SOMETHING and I mean something LEGIT rather than something negligible like, I don't know, airlift people or give someone a stupid fucking band-aid! This moment better be the one I've waited FIVE YEARS for! If it is, then I'm taking back every piece of criticism I had for Ian's handling of Cream. If not, however, then he is officially dead to me. For now though, I'm just going to be happy he FINALLY considered using her. Holy crap! ...

Remember when I said to wait for them to deliver on Cream? Sounds like Ian was listening, huh? ;)

Of course, let's hope it's something worthwhile, right? But usually when they mention a character as a major part of a plan, they tend to get a lot more spotlight than normal, so I doubt they'll underuse Cream like that.

So, everybody minus the characters that nobody cares about.

I care about the Nocturnus Tribe, and my name's not "nobody".

Seriously, they would have been a great replacement for Pender's Dark Legion if not for the whole nonsense involving their minor similarities. Would take Roman Cyber Ninjas over Tech Cultists any day.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 5

Ah I knew that but the Nocturne Clan appeared in 1 issue as a tie into the dark brotherhood game. Black Doom was in at least 1 panel when Shadow went into the matrix with Sonic to get answers from Maria, and E-Nega  was in an off panel for a cameo so your'e deffo right those guys are off limits but now every single SEGA created character has appeared in the comic now :). so that cool :)