Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Sooo, have these been posted yet? :V Haven't been in the thread since my subs expired and I most likely won't get back in the comics until next year. 

Source: http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-sonic-the-hedgehog-releases-for-march-2016-solicitations/ 

Okay, both covers of Sth are really cool (Though Sally's leg in the variant looks off to me...) The main cover of SU looks cool too! Eggman in hologram armour! But the variant can be done better though...

But the summary tho...

Can't wait to see what Cream can do! And the Tails Doll, he might tell about the chaos emeralds tho... and then things will really go down!

Sonic Boom's getting new stories? Are you sure they're not reprints? I wonder if they'll promote Fire and Ice this way...

And for a minute I got confused about the rabbit, bear and wolf but later found out that they're characters from Tails Skypatrol. (Carroetta's design almost reminded me of @Drawloverlala's design...

I can only hope they don't rush the Shattered World Crisis too much, but that might have been the reason they've been accelerating the pace of their stories in the main comic since Worlds Unite messed up the pacing.

I haven't been disappointed in their stories since, but after praising the expanded scope this Unleashed adaption has been without being incohesive, I'm expecting nothing short of intense and epic in the adaptation's endgame. So here's hoping it's building up that way!

That said, I wonder what Eggman's tracking down Phage for. The solicit gives me the impression that she's in trouble for something (besides her failure), but I'm probably just reading too much out of it. She hasn't been disloyal, so I'm assuming he's just rescuing her from whatever isolated part of the net she's in after her defeat.

EDIT: Oh shit...forgot about the Shamar FFs.

Hidden Content

Remember when I said to wait for them to deliver on Cream? Sounds like Ian was listening, huh? ;)

Of course, let's hope it's something worthwhile, right? But usually when they mention a character as a major part of a plan, they tend to get a lot more spotlight than normal, so I doubt they'll underuse Cream like that.

I care about the Nocturnus Tribe, and my name's not "nobody".

Seriously, they would have been a great replacement for Pender's Dark Legion if not for the whole nonsense involving their minor similarities. Would take Roman Cyber Ninjas over Tech Cultists any day.

Indeed you did and, I'll admit, you were right! :) Though I still wish this had happened a lot sooner, particularly after 267 or during World's Unite <_< But since they're finally listening to us (er, me at least :lol: ), I'm not going to be ungrateful. Unless the upcoming event proves very disappointing, which, as you pointed out, is very unlikely. Just watch though, Cream's most pivotal role is going to be giving Sally another fucking band-aid, this time for an even more negligible wound. Wouldn't be surprised given Ian's absolute love for Sally and his disinterest in Cream. And yes, I'm never living that moment down. If it was any other character who hasn't gotten any action merely giving another character, who gets shit loads of page-time, a band-aid, there would be a massive shit storm.

I also second your thoughts on the Shamar FF. Things are absolutely not going to be good if their true nature is ousted. And I wonder what they will do in this issue: legitimately work with the others or betray them halfway through. Though given that the entire world is at stake, and they would be outnumbered by the rest of the Freedom Fighters, most likely the Shamar FF will genuinely work with our heroes.

I also want to say, I find it very funny that you said "I'm not 'nobody'" while talking about the Nocturnus since the Nocturnus have two Gizoids named Scylla and Charybdis, two monsters featured in "The Odyssey" and I don't think I need to mention what Odysseus called himself around the Cyclops :lol:

No, Sonic Boom isn't getting new stories, and that's the confusing part.

Did you just receive solid confirmation on that somewhere?

The way both the cover and the solicit go about it is confusing as all hell.

"Now Featuring Sonic Boom"? If it's just more reprints, why blatantly lie and say it NOW features Sonic Boom when Boom reprints have been a reoccurring feature in the book for the last few issues?

Well, not Tiara, but she's never getting into the comic.

Ah forgot about that, Id love it if Ian was allowed by SEGA to bring Chris Senn to say what Sonic X-treme's story and characters wouldve been like etc nd be allowed to adapt it, doubt it but be so cool to have closure for Chris to finally have his story told :D 

1. OH MY GOD, FINALLY, WE'RE GETTING TO THE END OF THE SHATTERED WORLD SAGA, AND CREAM IS DOING SOMETHING?! WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNNN.

2. Are those the Skypatrol villains I see?

It's times like these that make the issue shipping delays all the more frustrating.

FINALLY, GOOD LORD! Cream is actually doing something of significance! Might have potential to be my favorite issue besides the Treasure Team Tango arc. Can't wait.

• Thumbs Up 1

So...

Ah., I would have liked to stay out of this thread since I'm pretty anti Ian Flynn and Anti Sally, plus I don't read the comic anymore after Tracy Yardley's Pirate Plunder arc issue two had me experience a cascade of wall bangers leaving me pretty much a sheeting inferno of hatred towards Archie's comic for well over a year.

Still, I would like to ask this once question and I hope people don't kill or curse me for it.

But just how much is Sally put into the spotlight these days?

Is it the same amount as doing the period from to issue 175 to issue 235 where she was pretty much the main star in every single issue? Due note that thanks to a difference of opinions, you might not share my viewpoint that Sally and her romantic sub plots pretty much took over the entire comic doing this period to the point of making everyone else, including Sonic from time to time, feel like guest stars.

Also, to avoid having any meltdowns like I did on a certain other forum I won't be responding as that is the best course of action for me to take, for both my own sake and everyone else's.

She has starring roles relatively common, but I think the only time where it's actively bothered me was with "Control". She really did NOT need the attention she got there, and I think it really undermined the arc as a whole. Otherwise, there's more than a few arcs where she's completely absent.

Carrotia, the Cream-Rouge. Fockewolf, the Were-Thrash. Bearenger, the...generic bear.

... I don't know if you quite intended for it to sound as negative as I think it does, but surprised to for once be beaten to the punch of "yawn boring character designs and redesigns" :v

So...

Ah., I would have liked to stay out of this thread since I'm pretty anti Ian Flynn and Anti Sally, plus I don't read the comic anymore after Tracy Yardley's Pirate Plunder arc issue two had me experience a cascade of wall bangers leaving me pretty much a sheeting inferno of hatred towards Archie's comic for well over a year.

Still, I would like to ask this once question and I hope people don't kill or curse me for it.

But just how much is Sally put into the spotlight these days?

Is it the same amount as doing the period from to issue 175 to issue 235 where she was pretty much the main star in every single issue? Due note that thanks to a difference of opinions, you might not share my viewpoint that Sally and her romantic sub plots pretty much took over the entire comic doing this period to the point of making everyone else, including Sonic from time to time, feel like guest stars.

Also, to avoid having any meltdowns like I did on a certain other forum I won't be responding as that is the best course of action for me to take, for both my own sake and everyone else's.

She's had no more spotlight than any other character for a while. Anything she stars in usually has her sharing it with someone else, or that other character has greater spotlight. They've been using her without the favoritism they've given her in older issues.

And whether you respond or not, it should be noted that if you wanted to avoid a meltdown, whatever criticisms you had the first time could have been shared without the passive-aggressive tantrum you threw back then. Not like Ian's fans enjoys everything he's done.

• Thumbs Up 7

And whether you respond or not, it should be noted that if you wanted to avoid a meltdown, whatever criticisms you had the first time could have been shared without the passive-aggressive tantrum you threw back then. Not like Ian's fans enjoys everything he's done.

You're right, and I apologize for sounding like a whiny brat. 

Thank you for the answer, it is very much appreciated as your response is making me consider to pick up a few of the newer issues off Amazon once the holiday season is over.

Scourge, Shadow, Knuckles and Tails got more spotlight than anyone during the 175 through 200 area. Even before that time there was Tommy Turtle, Sonic's Birthday Bash, Tails Parents and Shadow finding out about his past. Even despite Sally being the protagonist love interest and Ian first repairing their friendship she still didn't steal the spotlight too me. Even when Sally was robotisized Sonic did worry about Amy's feelings and Antione after Antoine's sacrifice.  When Tails screamed "I hate you!" at Sonic with that awful, awful artwork under Ken Penders thus seeing Sonic and Tails throw down after all the drama and tension makes a lot of sense too me.  I believe Ian was just trying to wrap it up as soon as possible. Then there is Mina and Ash's back story and Sonic fathers story, Knuckles backstory. Sally didn't even go with Sonic on all of his missions. Like when Sonic indivually teamed up with, Ash, Amy, Knuckles dad, Shadow, Monkey Khan. It was Sonic who saved his friends from Mammoth Mogul's control not Sally. It was Sonic, Amy and Tails that freed their friends from the Egg grapes. Sorry, guys I just don't see it. 

I think it's more the use of said spotlight that tends to make Sally a bit insufferable than how much she gets. As mentioned she sometimes feels a bit shoehorned in, altering her character to make her work into a role, or has roles that subliminally undermine other characters due to their own portrayal, or just devolve the nature of the series (eg. dating stories). She's a main character by standards of the cast, but no more so than a lot of others right now.

Then again I truthfully saw the same problem with Chris in Sonic X. I didn't think he was overwhelming in use, but he was never really a fun enough character to justify his spotlight, thus it looked like he was overused.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 2

Or her abilities are heavily exaggerated to speed the pace along, like her quickly ending the coup in House of Cards that led to the Kingdom becoming a Republic. But as shown earlier, even Ian fans aren't going to let that one off the hook so easily.

Whoo...I'll try to be caught up by the time this comes out. I need to subscribe ASAP.

EDIT: Just subscribed to both comics. lol

Edited by JohnTheDreamer

SonicUniv86var.jpg 

i'm just loving carrotia's new look! XD too bad we still can't appreciate Bearenger's shoes and gloves' design pretty clear..  

FockeWulf reminds me Trash for some reason i don't know XD

lol at Thundershock :lol: hahah!  i like this cover.. but.. dunno.. the coloring isn't so nice as the others 

• Thumbs Up 4

be cool to see the Sky Patrol trio in proper drawn form, just never thought id see them in the book, now just get a X-Treme adaptation sorted and it'll be all done, hell I remember geeking out in issue 134 i think was the Home epilogue where it was drawn by John Grey who drew a cameo of Shortfuse the Cybernik in the background when Sonic explain's the BEM's story of how the mobians were de robotizied, and even put Tekno the Canary & Ebony the cat in there as well, and if iam remembering correctly Tiara was a cameo in the crowd :D.

Urgh soz guys nerd alert here :P

SonicUniv86var.jpg 

i'm just loving carrotia's new look! XD too bad we still can't appreciate Bearenger's shoes and gloves' design pretty clear..  

FockeWulf reminds me Trash for some reason i don't know XD

lol at Thundershock :lol: hahah!  i like this cover.. but.. dunno.. the coloring isn't so nice as the others 

I'll be honest, I was actually kinda of hoping they'd be designed to look a little similar to your interpretation of them on deviantArt. But they look great regardless!;) 

Focke's look bothers me a little though, I was expecting him to look more lankier and taller and to have a more wolf-like snout but I guess I shouldn't judge until we get a proper stance.

• Thumbs Up 2

Man that colouring is just beautiful.  I know I'm endlessly gushing over it, but everything about Skelly's work just chimes all the notes I like.  And I know Tyson Hesse did some fantastic stuff for the new year, but I think this has to be my favourite cover of next year so far.

• Thumbs Up 1