Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/STK698177

2016 FCBD issue. Teasing something called "Panic in the Sky".

It's a free digest, similar to the free Archie digests that they've been doing for FCBD for a while now,

Get the best of both worlds with the Sonic Sampler! Hot on the heels of the all-new epic Sonic comics event, "Panic in the Sky," comes a supersonic sampling of stories for Free Comic Book Day! Join Sonic and friends as they band together to save the world from the evil ambitions of Dr. Eggman in these select stories from Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic Universe! Plus, get a sneak peek of what's to come with a special "Fast Forward Feature" that you'll have to see to believe!

And on a unrelated note, according to a post on Bumbleking, Mega Man's been cancelled and the whole hiatus story was nothing but bullshit. Which gives me a even deeper hatred for Worlds Unite. 

It's a free digest, similar to the free Archie digests that they've been doing for FCBD for a while now,

And on a unrelated note, according to a post on Bumbleking, Mega Man's been cancelled and the whole hiatus story was nothing but bullshit. Which gives me a even deeper hatred for Worlds Unite. 

A. What post?

B. How so?

A. What post?

B. How so?

Mavrickindigo, who said specifically that a subscription letter from Archie stated it was the final issue of the series.

Just got to reading my issue

First of all, the letter I got from Archie saying what is going to happen to my subscription clearly says this is the final issue of Mega Man, so if they are still going after the "Hiatus" story, someone forgot to tell the subscriptions department to put the finale on the down low.

Second of all, this final "arc" got progressively worse and worse for me as a reader of the comic. The firs issue seemed like a great way to end the series: We had hints of what was to come, but a sort of "Mega Man will keep fighting on and on!" letting us know that whatever threats will come, he'll be ready.

The second issue set up an arc that we'll never see, while ending the stories of some comic characters (though it does introduce a new character we will never ever get to see again)

This issue... its just a megaphone going "LOOK AT ALL THE STUFF WE WANTED TO TELL, BUT YOU WILL NEVER EVER SEE EVER!"

I mean, they even designed a young Dr. Weil for the elf war. What is even the purpose besides to go "yeah, we could have done more, but we can't"?

I must say the comic has been my favorite comic series, and I am truly sad to see it go. I doubt whatever replaces it will be as good, but hey, all things must come to an end, I guess.

The tributes at the end were nice, but I would still like to know why Archie wasn't more forward with things. Even now, the "So long... for now" is throwing mixed messages at us.

Source: Mega Man #55 Spoilers & Discussion thread. 

Yeah, where the hell did this news come from on Megaman being cancelled?

EDIT: nevermind

Second Edit: Then again, I don't know. Like this is really confusing the way they're handling that. But I suppose thats for the Archie Megaman Thread.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Mavrickindigo, who said specifically that a subscription letter from Archie stated it was the final issue of the series.

Source: Mega Man #55 Spoilers & Discussion thread. 

And the hatred for Worlds Unite?

And the hatred for Worlds Unite?

In terms of Mega Man,  because of the fact it was unnecessary and only took up precious issues for Mega Man and Sonic Boom, while as for the actual story, that's a whole different story I've gone over multiple times in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

No offense to Maverickdingo, but I'd rather wait and see if Ian actually gives a confirmation (unless he has already).

But otherwise, yeah.... I gathered that from the freaking solicitation when they announced it? Even back then, I got Batgirl 2009 vibes, because it's final issue was just like that: full of flashforwards to stories the author wanted to tell but couldn't because of the Flashpoint reboot.

What surprises me is that Archie would be willing to lose a pretty decent selling licenced book from Capcom, but seems to desperate to hold onto the license property from SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dang, that sucks.  I wasn't really subscribed to it but from what I know, it seemed like harmless fun and lots of people enjoyed it.  Though I do believe it wasn't that well of a seller compared to Archie's other works like the Archie IP and Sonic.  I remember in some interview with Ian (I think with FTCR. (I'd check but there's like 2 interviews and they're both over an hour and a half long)), he was implying the MM comic series could use more support and was under performing so that might have been a factor or THE factor.  Capcom may let Archie hold onto the rights if they want to do something else like the TV show and have a comic based off of that.  Hopefully it does return in the future.  Wonder what that means for Archie Sonic, though?  I'd imagine it'd free up the writing workload Ian has to juggle with already while Archie might double down on the sonic series to ensure it continues to be successful.  They could start by getting the Logistics department's act together to ensure issues are delivered on time or even just delivered at all.

Edited by Taokaka

I would take anything Archie's Subscription Office says with a Massive Grain of Salt. They keep saying that the next issue of Sonic is the last in my subscription despite me renewing it for 12 issues after 278, and when I contacted them about it they said to ignore those emails about end of subscription, so obviously something is wrong with that division right now.

So, I was roaming around amazon today and found this comic/book called "Art of Sonic the Hedgehog comics, the (art of Sonic comics) paperback" slated for release on the 23rd of June 2016.

I'm a bit lost when it comes to the recent Sonic comic projects, so anyone here know anything about it?

It basically and artbook that compiles concepts being developed for the comics.

I will say one thing, I always DID want to see Eggman using a type of battle/powered armor in combat. They're not TOO far off from mechs, it's very fitting for him.

My dream is coming trueish, maybe. Hopefully.

Holo-armor, but close enough.

Edited by WittyUsername®
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm just glad to see that we're getting another Eggman arc in Sonic Universe. The previous one was a blast to read, so I'm just dying to see how Eggman deals with a similar threat to his conquest in this Post-Reboot world.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm more dying to see Conquering Storm in action. *shot*

Also, I hope Eggman still has that touch he had in his last arc, if not more. Archie Eggman has yet to be taken less seriously and menacingly than his game counterpart currently is, so it's gets good to see that still remains.

• Thumbs Up 2

While he's still a huge threat, that's obviously felt across the board, it can't hurt to have him win against Metal Sonic. Metal's always been considered to be on equal footing as Sonic, like Shadow (I think maybe Blaze too, but that's debatable). Him winning against a Sonic, of some sort, will really shoot his villain credit up.

Buuuut, at the same time, Metal Sonic has had a number of defeats already. His amazing victory against Shard in has been wiped clean. So, that's a bit of a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more dying to see Conquering Storm in action. *shot*

Also, I hope Eggman still has that touch he had in his last arc, if not more. Archie Eggman has yet to be taken less seriously and menacingly than his game counterpart currently is, so it's gets good to see that still remains.

As much as this opinion  is probably despised, because of what I like to call " less serious era backfire" , I very much enjoy eggman being silly and not a threat at all really.

While he's still a huge threat, that's obviously felt across the board, it can't hurt to have him win against Metal Sonic. Metal's always been considered to be on equal footing as Sonic, like Shadow (I think maybe Blaze too, but that's debatable). Him winning against a Sonic, of some sort, will really shoot his villain credit up.

Buuuut, at the same time, Metal Sonic has had a number of defeats already. His amazing victory against Shard in has been wiped clean. So, that's a bit of a problem.

When you think about it, Metal has never really had a victory to call his own. Closest things were his wins against Metal Sonic 3.0 and the Ifrit (but he had Shadow backing him up, and that's assuming it happened like that in this world) and his recent escape from the Distant Abyss Zone. (although Eggman did most of the work)

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as this opinion  is probably despised, because of what I like to call " less serious era backfire" , I very much enjoy eggman being silly and not a threat at all really.

How many of your fucking posts are going to start with "You all HATE me because I think this"?

Anyway, I think the Archie Eggman is the best portrayal of him because he is goofy. He's always jumping around laughing his ass off at the catastrophes he causes but at the same time can still be taken seriously by but himself.

• Thumbs Up 8

Recalls crazy mad Eggman drooling all over himself from the start of the Iron Dominion arc... Er yeah... Um... Archie Eggman hasn't had any sad moments in his career, it's all been prime material that's for sure.

Still, I'll take Archie Eggman over Boom Eggman anyway, that grade A campy clown of an idiot can get lost along with the versions of Eggman between Sonic Adventure 2 and Lost world, Unleashed Eggman though is a rare gem as he's both evil, smart and funny in my opinion so he can stay, the rest of them can get lost.

• Thumbs Up 1