Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I don't mind evil/a little crazy Eggman in Archie. His goofyness in games doesn't make me care or taking him as any treat. And if Sonic doesn't take him seriously then well, I won't neither.

i agree.. though i still like games eggman... i really like Archie's eggman.. i like how mr Iann gives the sensation that he has more chances to win than in the games is given..  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

How many of your fucking posts are going to start with "You all HATE me because I think this"?

Not many actually. I think this is literally the only one. What bug crawled in your underwear jeez. 

I don't mind evil/a little crazy Eggman in Archie. His goofyness in games doesn't make me care or taking him as any treat. And if Sonic doesn't take him seriously then well, I won't neither.

That's what I want. Eggman being the actual bad guy is the worst. I like it when there are other forces at work, and he's just trying to do it good. He's just egg trying to make it man. Eggman is the only character getting goofy actually improved his character instead of changing him into nothing 

Edited by Shadowlax

As much as this opinion  is probably despised, because of what I like to call " less serious era backfire" , I very much enjoy eggman being silly and not a threat at all really.

Then stick to Sonic Boom. Because that's the Eggman perfect for you.

• Thumbs Up 8

Yep, thats where Fuzzy Puppies lover in pajamas Eggman lives. ;)

I'm not saying Boom!Eggman is bad, I'm just saying that isn't the Eggman I want or prefer. Especially compared to Archie!Eggman - I prefer my villians being dangerous threats, thank you.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, the Sonic Boom characters, Eggman especially, work perfectly in their setting. You couldn't really transplant any of them wholesale from there to another version of Sonic and expect it to work without some rough edges involved.

Well, maybe Metal Sonic. Or Lyric? I didn't play the games, I don't know much about Lyric, except he doesn't look very funny.

Could try and engage me next time instead of telling me to leave because i don't like someththing? I don't even like sonic boom. I'm largely disappointed in it. Also eggmans been like that since sa2. Some guy trying to make it as a villian while the bigger villian is doing something else. I think that characterization would be better in the comics, i'm not fond of comic eggman at all. I like everyone else in the comics. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Could try and engage me next time instead of telling me to leave because i don't like someththing? I don't even like sonic boom. I'm largely disappointed in it. Also eggmans been like that since sa2. Some guy trying to make it as a villian while the bigger villian is doing something else. I think that characterization would be better in the comics, i'm not fond of comic eggman at all. I like everyone else in the comics. 

Look man, he wasnt telling you to leave. He said that if you wanted Eggman to be silly and not threatening at all then you would like Sonic Boom Eggman, thats all. 

Also Eggman wasnt meant to be a serious villian but there are times where he was threaning in the games.

Edited by Mikyeong
  • Thumbs Up 3

I wouldn't mind Archie Eggman being goofy every now and then. But he is still the main villain so it's important that he still needs to be a huge threat, of course I don't want him to be a straight up tyrant but he shouldn't be an incompetent clown either. He just needs to balanced between silly and serious.

Okay I'll admit, I'm kinda of more biased towards goofy Eggman because he seriously cracks me up.:lol:  (No pun intended)

Besides, would you really expect a guy that's named after something that comes out of a chicken's butt to be taken seriously?

Edited by Dan-Dude
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll never understand the notion that Eggman's less of a threat now than he ever was. I'd argue he's more of a threat in Unleashed-Lost World than any game prior honestly.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll never understand the notion that Eggman's less of a threat now than he ever was. I'd argue he's more of a threat in Unleashed-Lost World than any game prior honestly.

I find he was more a threat in the Adventure series. I mean you cant get more deadly then blowing up half the moon, attempting to blow up Station Square and attempting to use the Chaos Emeralds to power up a machine powerful enough to peirce the stars for is own enjoyment.... all while laughing like a buffoon on drugs. 

Edited by Mikyeong

I find he was more a thread in the Adventure series. I mean you cant get more deadly then blowing up half the moon, attempting to blow up Station Square and attempting to use the Chaos Emeralds to power up a machine powerful enough to peirce the stars for is own enjoyment.... all while laughing like a buffoon on drugs. 

That's fair but in Unleashed he blows up the planet just to unleash a demon, In Colors he conquers five planets, Generations he screws with time to kill Sonic and in Lost World he conquers an entire species.

I just don't see how he's somehow less efficient now than he's ever been. 

Look man, he wasnt telling you to leave. He said that if you wanted Eggman to be silly and not threatening at all then you would like Sonic Boom Eggman, thats all. 

Also Eggman wasnt meant to be a serious villian but there are times where he was threaning in the games.

I never found the guy threatening, to be honest. The only incarnation of him I have ever actually found threatening is the comic book version. The closet is like unleashed, but even that falls apart near the end. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Yes, because he totally wasn't threatening when he had a planet destroying gun held towards the Earth, and held Amy at gunpoint, while almost killing his arch enemy there and then without any grand speeches.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yes, because he totally wasn't threatening when he had a planet destroying gun held towards the Earth, and held Amy at gunpoint, while almost killing his arch enemy there and then without any grand speeches.

and blew up half the moon.

if all this isnt threatning then I guess Boom Eggman is the 5th Teletubbies character

Nah, not only was he just being tricked the whole time, i read it as a cheesy soap opra, anime situation. You know who also made serious threats to the world, general armstrong from metal gear rising revengence, you know what I don't take seriously? That entire video game because its cheesy and silly and dumb , much like most sonic games, plenty of villians have grand schemes, but if the presentation is silly, I don't take em seriously. I never took eggman seriously. 

I'm not saying you can't take sonic seriously, thats fine. I agree with a recent video I watched suggesting that folks who infact do take sonic seriously get shut down because the narrative being slowly presented is that those who take these thing seriously, are idiots or have no life or whatever. And I don't think thats the correct way to discuss things.That said, I've never taken eggman seriously ever, in the end sonic and Co wins. ect ect. I take all the not eggman guys seriously. Eggman has always been this team rocket esque figure to me. He might get a little far, but I dunno its always something bigger in the works. 

I understand some people see him as this super threating super villain,and that's fine.  but eh, to me He's bowser, " oh mario i'm going to rule the universe" yeah sure you are bowser. " Oh i'm going shoot the moon " yeah , sure egghead. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Could try and engage me next time instead of telling me to leave because i don't like someththing?

And where exactly did I tell you to leave? All I was saying is that Eggman in the comics is not the Eggman for you compared to another one.

This Eggman, even when he's silly, is a bad guy and a threatening character. He's been this way for well over 20 years, and that isn't going to change in the near future. So if you don't like it, you're out of luck.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I take all the not eggman guys seriously. 

If you take all the not Eggman guys seriously in the games, then how about the handful of times where the situation was reversed? In Rush Adventure, it was Eggman and Nega who were sitting in the back, pulling the strings of the entire scenario. In that game, they brought Blaze to the brink of going overboard and pretty much had 2 dimensions in the palm of their hand, all while playing yo-yo with the goofy and outright hammy Captn Whiskers and his crew.

Or lets look at Sonic Battle. Eggman sat around and let Sonic and Co. serve as his plot device. Having them beef up his world destroying monster and then coming in at the 11th hour to take advantage of them all. At the climax of that game, the guy had a Death Egg in orbit above the planet equipped with a mega laser doomsday weapon that had just moments before wiped out an entire star cluster. That sounds pretty threatening.

Moving on to Archie Eggman, he's probably the most developed, the most well rounded and I'll even throw out that he's the most effectively threatening when he needs to be. The reboot threw away a lot of his history on the topic, so their isn't as much source material to pull from, but you can't ignore what he's done already. The hold he has on his Egg bosses, the general viciousness of some of his Horde commanders and the fast and loose game adaptions, all that comes into play. But he can still play the nut too. I think my favorite moment so far in this new era is his reaction to how Breezie treated him over the phone. Thats some instant classic Eggman right there.

• Thumbs Up 9

If you take all the not Eggman guys seriously in the games, then how about the handful of times where the situation was reversed? In Rush Adventure, it was Eggman and Nega who were sitting in the back, pulling the strings of the entire scenario. In that game, they brought Blaze to the brink of going overboard and pretty much had 2 dimensions in the palm of their hand, all while playing yo-yo with the goofy and outright hammy Captn Whiskers and his crew.

Or lets look at Sonic Battle. Eggman sat around and let Sonic and Co. serve as his plot device. Having them beef up his world destroying monster and then coming in at the 11th hour to take advantage of them all. At the climax of that game, the guy had a Death Egg in orbit above the planet equipped with a mega laser doomsday weapon that had just moments before wiped out an entire star cluster. That sounds pretty threatening.

Moving on to Archie Eggman, he's probably the most developed, the most well rounded and I'll even throw out that he's the most effectively threatening when he needs to be. The reboot threw away a lot of his history on the topic, so their isn't as much source material to pull from, but you can't ignore what he's done already. The hold he has on his Egg bosses, the general viciousness of some of his Horde commanders and the fast and loose game adaptions, all that comes into play. But he can still play the nut too. I think my favorite moment so far in this new era is his reaction to how Breezie treated him over the phone. Thats some instant classic Eggman right there.

I don't honestly know how to feel about eggman and eggman nega, i'm sorry if you like that game. But I never really felt much about that game's narrative, it just kind of cam and and went, I enjoyed the levels and that was sort of it. Sorry if that answer sounds unsatisfactory, but that was one of the few games in sonic where I just kind of went with the flow

As far as sonic battle goes , I didn't want him in that game? I also want them to make sequels, when sonic battle 2 sega. 

Your anaysis of comic book eggman is fair. I'm not denying that. I'm just saying i'm not fond of him actually being threatening. I never took the guy seriously as all. 

So here's an interesting thought.  I had a dream last night that I was reading a new comic issue drawn by Jennifer Hernandez (I'm surprised I could even dream up the art style :V) which involved Eclipse meeting the FFs, seemingly allying with them, but heavily hinting that he was tricking them.  And, well, after Panda said of his premonition about Saga getting cancelled, I can't help but find this being a very possible way of seeing Eclipse again.

Thought I might share it, since I never really have dreams as entertaining as this.

Edited by QuantumEdge