Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

28 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Welcome to SSMB :)

Don't worry about LHT. Ian's already confirmed his website will remain, it's only the forum being closed. If anything, it just means we'll have to keep an eye on his Twitter for announcements.

Ok. Now I'm less worried.

How many forums do we have about the comic specifically though, I'm kinda bummed since Bumbleking was the only one I knew that was readily active and up to date most of the time.

Bumbleking is gone!? Damn man, that was my man place for Comic discussion before coming here.

Major bummer, curious if Ian is gonna make another website or something, guess we'll have to stay tune for his Twitter updates.

28 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Bumbleking is gone!? Damn man, that was my man place for Comic discussion before coming here.

Major bummer, curious if Ian is gonna make another website or something, guess we'll have to stay tune for his Twitter updates.

He still HAS his website. He's just closing the forums.

Well... I definitely didn't see this news coming.

Though at the same time, I understand why it's happening. Ian's become too busy to run the place, let alone take part in it (which, to me, was the big draw of the forum in the first place; interacting with the head writer for the Archie Sonic and Mega Man comics) and I swear discussions became increasingly toxic. The forums limitations (no swearing, no PYF threads, even "lol" wasn't allowed) really did bring down a lot of potential discussions. Though I don't think that justifies shutting down the entire forum...

Nevertheless, it's a shame that now all Archie Sonic exclusive discussions will be limited to this singular thread in this single forum.

With that said, I give a pre-emptive hearty welcome to any migrating Bumblekingers to SSMB! :)

• Thumbs Up 5

Ah yeah that's true, I'm sure folks are gonna be coming over here.

Their really isn't any other site out their that does in-depth discussions on the comic's except this one, or at least not any I know o.

Just popping in to let people know that Sonic Universe #82 is dropping next week. (Source)

#279 of the main book will drop the week after going by comiXology.

4 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and then 12. ;)

Beyond that, this is probably the easiest reference.

He might have been asking about the "Battle" books though.

Is there any clean cut spot where you could slip those two extra books into the 1-12 lineup?

10 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Is there any clean cut spot where you could slip those two extra books into the 1-12 lineup?

I think you'd have to splice them in story by story (which I believe the upcoming trades will be doing), since they all intersect at different points. Since it's been a while since I've actually looked at those issues, I couldn't tell you exactly where they all cut in, but they do all fit individually.

8 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Not really. Those books take various moments and expand on them, but they're not in a strict sequence. Just "this story takes place during part 1" or "this story takes place during part 7" or something like that.

With any luck, a collection will slip them into sequence.

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Just popping in to let people know that Sonic Universe #82 is dropping next week. (Source)

#279 of the main book will drop the week after going by comiXology.

So hopefully that means us subscribers will finally/hopefully get Universe #82 in the mail this week (or very soon once this week is over). 

This is great to know since I have been really wanting to read these two issues and been starving for more new Sonic comics. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, kinda want my fix of Eggman and his new generals like rite nao. Especially Conquering Storm, Nephthys, the Egg Bosses we haven't seen yet.

• Thumbs Up 3

Glad to hear that Universe #82 might be getting to subscribers soon. I actually thought I was alone in not receiving Universe for a while until I researched a bit more. (Even sent an email to Archie's shop before doing so.) REALLY want things to finally get back on track. XD

On 25 декабря 2015 г. at 0:11 AM, Forte-Metallix said:

No, Sega completely owns the rights to Underground. Same with AoStH and SatAM. But they've chosen to bury Underground. (No pun intended)

SatAM is allowed because Sega knows it makes up a good chunk of the comic's identity. (For better or worse) And AoStH is pretty faithful to the games compared to the other two. (Various Sonic 1 & 2 Zones appearing, classic Badniks, etc.) Plus, those two shows got pretty good reception. Underground? Not so much. Plus, there's the reaffirmed points of being too far out there in terms of Sonic adaptations and Sega not allowing their characters to have non-game relatives.

Well, why do not they give the characters of Underground universe is at least one chance? In total it is necessary to correct them, to do more like the game characters, and remove unnecessary things in them (at least- look in my avatar). For I believe in the potential of these characters with the right approach, that will give them the right to be in comics and games.

Because Underground is no longer a part of the brand they want to push for the franchise.

Sonic X and the OVA is included in this as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

SatAM and AoSTH are as well. Again, I have to reinforce this, the reasons Forte-Metallix presented are in no way confirmed.

3 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

Because Underground is no longer a part of the brand they want to push for the franchise.

Sonic X and the OVA is included in this as well.

Let's they give to this universe one little chance.

2 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

You're not going to listen to any sort of reason, are you?

I'm listen. And want go work for SEGA, for fighting for this chance.