Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Man, I would kill to have that Conquering Storm colored and made into my new avatar.

Adam is a great penciller, but I still can't stand the way he draws the character's pupils. The positioning of the shine is just so very slightly wrong that is just irks me.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Kukku XV is an Egg Boss? So no Battle Bird Armada? :-/

Why wouldn't he have his Armada? Seems to me like a good thing to have if you're an Egg Boss.

By extension that would still just be Eggman's soldiers, though. I'd rather have them a separate faction.

It wouldn't be too surprising that every character is some way connected to the main villain, it makes sense, he kinda does a lot. But I think a couple of more villains should have their own motivation and goals, work  on their own. I don't mind the guy having a sizable army (in fact I encourage it) but there does need to be external forces.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, we got Naugus and Wendy, plus Breezie is pretty much severed ties with Eggman. As did Snively for the time being. Nack & his team are work for hire; Eggman just hires them a lot.

My guess is that the BBA were basically strong armed into joining the Eggman Empire, like the Dark Legion in the old continuity. I hope that they only joined to avoid Eggman's wrath, not because they are actually loyal to his cause.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I hope that's not the case. I hate the idea of every villain being associated with Eggman, and I hope for the better that there'll be more independent villains in the future.

Wasn't that the case in the old universe? Weren't the Battle Bird Armada at least working with the Empire? Wasn't that why Bunnie was able to pull off the undercover Dark Egg Legion act?

They were affiliates. What everything seems to point to here is that the BBA is outright just another Egg Army, which is worse off for anyone who'd rather see things that aren't Egg Armies around.\

• Thumbs Up 1

They might still be affiliates as far as we know.

I can't see any reason why they would just up and change them into an Egg Army unit from them being an unofficial part of the Empire in the old continuity, but who knows?

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2015 at 3:10 AM, Shadowlax said:
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, The KKM said:

I wonder, why'd people worry after the last 5 or so years of Archie where there's been no signs of cancellations, delays, hiatuses, etc at all? Man o man how I wish everyone'd just stop being drama queens!

Oh, please Delays happen all the time in comics they don't automatically mean the book's being canceled. This fanbase just likes to find things to worry about.

25 minutes ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

They might still be affiliates as far as we know.

I can't see any reason why they would just up and change them into an Egg Army unit from them being an unofficial part of the Empire in the old continuity, but who knows?

Could be perhaps, they had a similar Babylon rising event here in this continuity and thus had to make that transition. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's likely that they're an Egg Army unit because there's literally no-one else in Eggman's Dozen that could fill the role and match up with what the solicits say. There's extra emphasis on the mysterious 12th member, Phage is confirmed via Word of God to not be one, and without the Battle Kukku we'd only have ten Egg Bosses. 

Well, if that's the case, then Eggman's gonna have quite the monopoly of the rogue gallery.

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

I should be saying something about how stereotypical a pirate shark is since Skylanders did very similar with a whale (and the way it treated Terafin in the first game creeps into that as well), but no, how about a rhyme for Razor instead?

"Swim little fishy, swim sublime.

If the Chaotix catch you, it's sushi time! :D"

Because in this series in particular, that's a dodgy combo to draw rivals from.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, if that's the case, the  Eggman's gonna have quite the monopoly of the rogue gallery.