Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Yeah, but I feel like a lot either got it already (like me) or buckled down and went to the scan sites, since they've had it for a while.

Also helloRobotnikholmes I am a fan of your blog I did not expect to see you here

• Thumbs Up 1

Fair enough if you got it through the digital leak (since there's really nothing against you buying the product when it's presented as being available), but the scan sites are technically illegal and not a reflection of public release. Officially, it didn't reach the majority of the consumers until this point. 

5 minutes ago, Trio CC14 said:

Courtesy of the official Sonic Twitter, we look to be gettin' ourselves another Knuckles arc starting in May, complete with THE GREATEST VARIANT COVER IN EXISTENCE:

35n69mp.jpg

Judging by the title of the arc at the right hand corner, this is gonna be the Knux/Amy arc where they work together to find the emerald shards. It's likely be done so they can wrap up the arc before Sonic fixes the shattered planet.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Fair enough if you got it through the digital leak (since there's really nothing against you buying the product when it's presented as being available), but the scan sites are technically illegal and not a reflection of public release. Officially, it didn't reach the majority of the consumers until this point. 

Fair enough, I just use 'em as digital resources when talking about stuff online.

3 minutes ago, Trio CC14 said:

Courtesy of the official Sonic Twitter, we look to be gettin' ourselves another Knuckles arc starting in May, complete with THE GREATEST VARIANT COVER IN EXISTENCE:

35n69mp.jpg

Oh yeah I guess we did kinda break the master emerald again a while ago didn't we

that's neat. I guess we'll have Amy there too, right? That's not a character combo we see a lot, I'll be interested in how it plays out.

Also, thinking about it now, game-wise, Knuckles never actually met Amy or was introduced. Things just kinda happened and both of them were there.

35 minutes ago, Trio CC14 said:

35n69mp.jpg

This seems to be a little soon. Maybe it's just me.

Also, puts me in the mind of this old cover.

01.jpg

This cover was weird, by the way.

36 minutes ago, Trio CC14 said:

35n69mp.jpg

Definitely wallpaper material.

Anyway, looking forward to this arc. I have had a little obsession with old Knux myself, interested to see what's gonna happen in this one.

31 minutes ago, WittyUsername® said:

This seems to be a little soon. Maybe it's just me.

Also, puts me in the mind of this old cover.

01.jpg

This cover was weird, by the way.

....Are those eyebrows in their eyes?

It's cartooning stylization that Sonic's done before, in DiC, in the OVA, etc, and is traditional both in Japanese children's shows like Doraemon and old 1930's rubberhose. Sorry if I sound rude here, but this is "How come Mickey, a mouse, has a pet dog?!?" levels of "it's a cartoon chrissake" tiredness for me at this point :V

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Judging by the title of the arc at the right hand corner, this is gonna be the Knux/Amy arc where they work together to find the emerald shards. It's likely be done so they can wrap up the arc before Sonic fixes the shattered planet.

Ah, I really hope it is. I would definitely love to see a full arc with Knuckles and Amy interacting a lot. It kinda seem like we really don't get those two interacting much in comparison to Sonic/Everyone, Tails/Knuckles, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, The KKM said:

It's cartooning stylization that Sonic's done before, in DiC, in the OVA, etc, and is traditional both in Japanese children's shows like Doraemon and old 1930's rubberhose. Sorry if I sound rude here, but this is "How come Mickey, a mouse, has a pet dog?!?" levels of "it's a cartoon chrissake" tiredness for me at this point :V

Except that it was Spaz doing it here, and it was particularly aggrevating due to his tendency to never draw Sonic's eyes the same way twice.

QToNZlp.png?1

• Thumbs Up 1

I love that how Spaz coloured Sonic's eyelids over the years is the complete reverse of how Sega coloured them.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, The KKM said:

Most of us are very aware of this.

Doesn't mean it doesn't look weird to some of us. I always found it offputting.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, TheFatPanda said:

I love that how Spaz coloured Sonic's eyelids over the years is the complete reverse of how Sega coloured them.

I've always noticed that as well. Game-Classic Sonic had skin eyelids, Game-Dreamcast Sonic had blue eyelids.

3 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Except that it was Spaz doing it here, and it was particularly aggrevating due to his tendency to never draw Sonic's eyes the same way twice.

Well, when your as good as that dude is, you can make up the laws of nature as you go along.

He's tackled a bunch of different stylistic takes of Sonic over the years. He's had plenty of opportunities to mess around and try a bit of everything.

Eh, it's off-putting, but I don't see it as that big a problem when it comes to the eyes. There's been far worse things done when drawing Sonic.

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Aha!  I knew the Knuckles and Amy arc would happen!  I knew it!  A lot of you guys probably did as well... but still, I knew it!

VARIANT COVER OF THE YEAR

(Unless there's other covers that can surpass that)

Anyway, that looks really amazing!

So the fish is princess Undina huh? And Flynn said she'll have a bigger role after the Unleashed arc is over right?

(Oh crap, I was expecting my email to notify me whenever there was a reply here. o-o Missed the button in the corner.)

But yea, Sonic Universe #82 is out technically, but its weird that the dates of recent comics are being pushed back further. (Sonic Universe #83 being pushed back two months) Was really looking forward to reading the Eggman's Dozen arc.

14 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Yeah, but I feel like a lot either got it already (like me) or buckled down and went to the scan sites, since they've had it for a while.

Also helloRobotnikholmes I am a fan of your blog I did not expect to see you here

Oh my god, thanks! ^.^

A Knux/Amy arc is welcome to me! Perhaps they might have a relationship similar to their Sonic X selves.

14 hours ago, Trio CC14 said:

35n69mp.jpg

Huh, now this I am tempted to buy.