Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Aw yeah, Drawlala is here, now its a party. XD

1 hour ago, Idon'tcare said:

8 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:
  • Thumbs Up 1

On ‎12‎-‎01‎-‎2016 at 11:39 PM, TheFatPanda said:

It's weird seeing preview pages of an issue I already bought digitally nearly two months ago...

On ‎13‎-‎01‎-‎2016 at 4:32 PM, VEDJ-F said:

What the hell is wrong with this thread? Every time I try to reply it automatically attempts to quote TheFatPanda and VEDJ-F.

Well hello there... http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-releases-for-april-2016-solicitations/

Like the return of the connecting covers thing again, but Dan's art just doesn't work for me, but Diana Skelly's doing the interior, so I'm probably the happiest camper here regardless. :P 

The SU arc sounds cool.  Was hoping Might and Ray could tag along, since Knux meets them in a back up earlier, but it should be fun all the same. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow, for some reason Ive always wanted to see a Knuckles and Amy adventure sense they are the unlikely of partners. So this will be interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:
4 hours ago, Idon'tcare said:

Looks like the end of the Shattered World arc is in a few months...after almost three years. XD But its good to see so many characters turning up in the finale, like the Witchcarters and Battle Bird Armada. Those birds probably are having a jolly old time hovering over the destroyed world in their fortress. :P

OMG, Ziggyfin too, this is a real treat. *-*

Hah, in an alternate dimension where Ken Penders does the covers, that's probably what we'd get. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, QuantumEdge said:

Well hello there... http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-releases-for-april-2016-solicitations/

Like the return of the connecting covers thing again, but Dan's art just doesn't work for me, but Diana Skelly's doing the interior, so I'm probably the happiest camper here regardless. :P 

The SU arc sounds cool.  Was hoping Might and Ray could tag along, since Knux meets them in a back up earlier, but it should be fun all the same. 

Sonic284.jpgSonic284var.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #284
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Diana Skelly, Terry Austin, John Workman & Gabriel Cassata
Sonic the Hedgehog #284 CVR A Reg: Dan Schoening & Luis Antonio Delgado
Sonic the Hedgehog #284 CVR B Variant: Lamar Wells, Rick Bryant & Matt Herms
SONIC and friends get into some BIG TROUBLE in “Panic in the Sky” Part One: Sonic’s Freedom Fighters are finally ready to restore the planet! Unless, of course, someone does even more damage! Cue: the evil Dr. Eggman (of course)! He has a plan of his own and strikes first! The mad doctor launches a multi-pronged assault that will leave you speechless-everything has been building up to this moment! The final chapter to the Shattered World Saga begins here! Featuring the first of four EPIC connecting covers by mega-talent Dan Schoening and an “Evil Win” variant by the wonderful Lamar Wells!
Ship Date: 4/27
On Sale Date: 5/11
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Read More: Archie Action Releases for April 2016 [Solicitations] | http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-releases-for-april-2016-solicitations/?trackback=tsmclip

I wonder if Super Sonic will appear on the last cover?

SonicUniv87.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #87
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Adam Bryce Thomas, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #87 CVR A Reg: Tracy Yardley & Matt Herms
Sonic Universe #87 CVR B Variant: Rafa Knight
Knock knock, it’s KNUCKLES in “Shattered” Part One: A brand new adventure starring Knuckles and Amy Rose begins here! It’s a race against time to find the final Master Emerald shards before Sonic restores the shattered world! The final installment of Knuckles’s search, filled with dangers and mysteries, starts with this issue! Featuring cover art by the terrific Tracy Yardley plus an “& Knuckles” variant by CG artist supreme Rafa Knight!
Ship Date: 4/13
On Sale Date: 4/27
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Read More: Archie Action Releases for April 2016 [Solicitations] | http://comicsalliance.com/archie-action-releases-for-april-2016-solicitations/?trackback=tsmclip

...is that the Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic 2?

• Thumbs Up 9

I think I might be the only person in this fandom that like's Dan's art so I'm excited to see him and Luis doing a connecting cover.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's interesting to see the final chapter be Panic in the Sky. Hopefully we see Speedy and Tails' rivalry reemerge here, and hopefully confirmation that The Tails Adventure is still canon. It's pretty cool how they're book-ending the saga, as TV Tropes would put it by having a similar connecting four part cover to Countdown to Chaos, which seems to be the same general idea here as well, with Sonic blasting through the covers while we see both heroes and villains duke it out.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Maybe it was made by a different clan of Echidnas...like Imperator Ix's clan?

Unless you want Penders to go sue-happy, that's unlikely.

10 minutes ago, DarkLight said:

Unless you want Penders to go sue-happy, that's unlikely.

Naww, not if it hasn't got a dark, technology vibe like the Noctural Clan had.

7 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Naww, not if it hasn't got a dark, technology vibe like the Noctural Clan had.

I don't think that'd stop him; remember, we're talking about a guy who thinks he owns what is essentially a carbon-copy of Sonic, but with sunglasses and a leather jacket.

• Thumbs Up 2

Amy and Knuckles getting their own arc?

I am more than okay with this. Ian's Knuckles is pretty solid, and I absolutely adore his Amy.

27 minutes ago, sonicfoamyfan9805 said:

isnt there a justice leauge arc called panic in the sky?

also GEMEL! YES!

There was a Justice League Unlimited episode called panic in the sky.

Uuuuuuh, who is that purple creature in the bottom right corner of #284?

Darn he's ugly. judging by his head I'm guessing he's a wolf but...he has cheek fur shape like Tails(fox)/Fang(wolf-weasel)'s which is good, but then have the circular cheek slapped on top.

He looks like a chimera with an Silver's body and Knuckles's head, and this is the artist's fault but his body is too big for his head. 

EDIT:

Ok so he's supposed to be the obscure wolf character from Skypatrol...he looks so different from the SU#86 variant. But either way its a terrible design. They changed the rabbit and witch's designs but didn't put the same amount of effort to make him more like a Sonic-verse wolf.

Edited by KoDaiko

21 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Uuuuuuh, who is that purple creature in the bottom right corner of #284?

Darn he's ugly. judging by his head I'm guessing he's a wolf but...he has cheek fur shape like Tails(fox)/Fang(wolf-weasel)'s which is good, but then have the circular cheek slapped on top.

He looks like a chimera with an Silver's body and Knuckles's head, and this is the artist's fault but his body is too big for his head. 

EDIT:

Ok so he's supposed to be the obscure wolf character from Skypatrol...he looks so different from the SU#86 variant. But either way its a terrible design. They changed the rabbit and witch's designs but didn't put the same amount of effort to make him more like a Sonic-verse wolf.

Ehh, to be honest, we haven't seen him outside of covers yet, so we have yet to see him in action, or what his personality will be, so it be best to wait and see what they do with him.

(They might even change his and the others' names, because I don't think "Focke-Wulf" will really be used)

7 minutes ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

(They might even change his and the others' names, because I don't think "Focke-Wulf" will really be used)

Why wouldn't they use the name of a defunct German aircraft maker?