Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

As usual, Archie continues to impress and hype me with their epic covers and future issues.(I'd be even more hyped if not for those stupid delays)

Panic In The Sky looks pretty promising and considering the Hooligans,(MOAR BEAN 4 ME), Battle Kukku Empire, Metal Sonic, and the Witchcarters are there, I'm expecting some epic battles in this one!:D Plus we got Skelly as the main artist so that's a bonus.

.IMG_0810.JPG.30581f9fbaa95cfefb5d2ec0eb15699769469666_IMG_0812(1).PNG.7e196e3b83

Huh, guess I was wrong. They probably did take some inspiration from Drawloverlala's interpretation of the Witchcarters.

Totally looking forward to the Shattered Arc, it's true we don't see much Knuckles/Amy interaction in general outside of showing a mild dislike for each other so I'm interested to see what Ian will do with those two together and I'm also curious to see who else will show up in the arc.

*Sigh* I miss Yardley but Adam is a pretty decent artist and with Herm's colors and Amash's inking, I'm confident it'll look just as great as it was before.^_^    

• Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Dan-Dude said:

As usual, Archie continues to impress and hype me with their epic covers and future issues.(I'd be even more hyped if not for those stupid delays)

Panic In The Sky looks pretty promising and considering the Hooligans,(MOAR BEAN 4 ME), Battle Kukku Empire, Metal Sonic, and the Witchcarters are there, I'm expecting some epic battles in this one!:D Plus we got Skelly as the main artist so that's a bonus.

.IMG_0810.JPG.30581f9fbaa95cfefb5d2ec0eb15699769469666_IMG_0812(1).PNG.7e196e3b83

Huh, guess I was wrong. They probably did take some inspiration from Drawloverlala's interpretation of the Witchcarters.

Totally looking forward to the Shattered Arc, it's true we don't see much Knuckles/Amy interaction in general outside of showing a mild dislike for each other so I'm interested to see what Ian will do with those two together and I'm also curious to see who else will show up in the arc.

*Sigh* I miss Yardley but Adam is a pretty decent artist and with Herm's colors and Amash's inking, I'm confident it'll look just as great as it was before.^_^    

Personally, Drawloverlala's design is way better (totally amazing, by the way!). They're identical, too identical it seems suspicious, but in Lala's design you can see the cheek-fur is still separate like Nicole as part of their cheek thing giving it the Sonic-verse vibe, while the other one's not. I'm hoping its just the artist's fault. Also would've been better if the face and chest fur were the same color.

(You can say Lupe and her two other members who both male and female lack the cheek-fur design, but we already have a fox/Tails, a coyote/Antonie, a lynx/NICOLE, and an actual wolf-weasel/NackorFang, all with fluffy cheeks so Lupe and PurpleWolf is the odd one here.)

Also if the Joke variant cover for SU86 is correct, he has a rodent tail:

SonicUniv86var.jpg

Skypatrol's character looked different from Sonic characters from the start, so it was obvious they needed adjustment to fit the current Sonic-universe. If the rabbit girl and Witch get a proper redesign, I can't see why they didn't do anything with the wolf or the bear. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Dan-Dude said:

S7NK1S.gif

AHHH!? °C°

OMG!!!! the same cheek fur!! the ears!!! the Smile!  XD hahah  how i didn't got realize a while ago?! :lol: hahah

well.. i'm still happy to see how good (and even better) he looks X3 hehee

that cover supose to not be complete right? its seems it will have another part.. so.. i wonder if the artist did Carrotia and Bearenger the same way? huh?  ° v ° U

• Thumbs Up 8

Carrotia at least would not be done the same way, her redesign is so radically different that it couldn't incorporate that sort of stuff.

This isn't the first time fanwork has had a hand in influencing redesigns though - MegaHayzer's fanart was used as a reference at one point for finalising Sally's look.

• Thumbs Up 5

Wow I have to say these covers look awesome I hope the story delivers I've been enjoying the unleashed adaptation so far but it's good to see it's finally ending so we can move on to more original stories. Also Diana Skelly is drawing Panic in the Sky so you can't go wrong with her artwork. As for the Shattered looks interesting rarely do we see Knux and Amy bond so it'll be interesting seeing how that plays out hopefully they won't be bickering all the time. I'm also interested in seeing if they will be planning anything for the 25th anniversary.

• Thumbs Up 1

What I find most interesting here is actually the fact that, despite what many suspected, the Shattered World arc is wrapping a lot earlier than #300.

Yeah. Although some issues came with some rushed pacing.

Still, let's hope that they deliver an epic conclusion to all of this. I really want to see how much shit gets real when the Freedom Fighters storm Eggmanland and the things they'll be up against. I'm more excited to see how they'll do the fight against Eggman's Egg Dragoon mech right now.

So excited to see all these recently-introduced heroes and villains coming together for the finale!

2 hours ago, TheFatPanda said:

What I find most interesting here is actually the fact that, despite what many suspected, the Shattered World arc is wrapping a lot earlier than #300.

Makes me wonder where they'd go after this, considering it is the #300th issue in about 13 or so months. o-o

Wait, it's gonna be connected covers?

OOOOH I really like Dan's pencilling here! (And I wonder if on the edge is Tundra the Walrus there? I can see some fluffy spot on the right).

And Focke Wolf is there again! Also I wonder in the Shattered Arc-

If Knuckles and Amy end up meeting Eclipse again? (Well for Knuckles the second time)

5 hours ago, TheFatPanda said:

My guess is Ian wants to use the lead up issues to #300 for cool down, and then setting up the supposed Lost World Arc/Saga.

Maybe it's too early to judge since we don't have the other three, but there's one thing about Dan's cover that bugs me: its considerably less packed in.

Compare this to Ben Bates cover for #253 and you'll see right away that the the background for this one is kind of boring.

Everything else about it is great, don't get me wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheFatPanda said:

Maybe it's too early to judge since we don't have the other three, but there's one thing about Dan's cover that bugs me: its considerably less packed in.

Compare this to Ben Bates cover for #253 and you'll see right away that the the background for this one is kind of boring.

Everything else about it is great, don't get me wrong.

Yeah while I'm a huge fan this is sort of an issue with his Ghostbusters stuff too he tends to draw thing's really close up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic284.jpg

Tails is like "Come at me, bro!". I love that. I'm looking forward to this and Shattered.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Yeah while I'm a huge fan this is sort of an issue with his Ghostbusters stuff too he tends to draw thing's really close up.

On the other hand Dan Schoening has improved since worlds unite. 

1 minute ago, Akessel92 said:

On the other hand Dan Schoening has improved since worlds unite. 

All around me are familiar faces~

While his art isn't that good, I did love the scenes in World Unite where Dan Schoening did Eggman, Wily and Sigma together, because his art looks like he bases it on 3-dimensional models...and that the background was all simple and black, so now that we're out of there, his backgrounds don't really look that impressive.

Panic in the Sky is sounding fantastic! Four parts, Diana Skelly, just about every current important character joining the fray, and heading towards a conclusion to the Shattered World arc! Can't wait for this story to hit!

As for Shattered, it's neat how they're wrapping up Knuckles' search around the same time that crap starts hitting the fan and I can't wait to see where the rest of the shards take him.

• Thumbs Up 9

2 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

All around me are familiar faces~

While his art isn't that good, I did love the scenes in World Unite where Dan Schoening did Eggman, Wily and Sigma together, because his art looks like he bases it on 3-dimensional models...and that the background was all simple and black, so now that we're out of there, his backgrounds don't really look that impressive.

Y'know that was a major waste of Dan's talent. Check out his Ghostbusters work he's a beast at backgrounds.

Man, I was convinced we weren't going to get a Knuckles/Amy SU Arc due to how close World's Collide was to wrapping up, despite such an arc being very relevant. Turns out we had plenty of time for it :lol: Covers look good and I can't wait to see it!

Panic in the Sky looks very interesting... Seems it's going to crossover with "Eggman's Dozens" to an extent, if Focke-Wulf's appearance is any indication, and apparently Gemerl and King Acorn are going to play a part as well...

I'm sorry but I can't help but be miffed that Cream hasn't appeared on any of these covers. The last cover's solicit revealed Cream is going to have a key part in restoring the planet and Ian also admitted that Cream will have a key role in the last moments of Shattered World Crisis, yet she hasn't appeared in any of the covers for the last moments of Shattered World... What gives?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

I'm sorry but I can't help but be miffed that Cream hasn't appeared on any of these covers. The last cover's solicit revealed Cream is going to have a key part in restoring the planet and Ian also admitted that Cream will have a key role in the last moments of Shattered World Crisis, yet she hasn't appeared in any of the covers for the last moments of Shattered World... What gives?

In terms of the regular cover, isn't it just the first part in a four-part cover? That leaves three covers for her to appear on.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh my god, what if Tails fought the Witchcarters in the Battle in the Sky story? Perhaps it'll be a short adaptation of Tails Sky Patrol. XD (Probably not)

3 minutes ago, RaceProUK said:

In terms of the regular cover, isn't it just the first part in a four-part cover? That leaves three covers for her to appear on.

That is true. I guess I'm just defensive because, as I've voiced countless times, Cream hasn't seen any action or limelight in the comics ever since her debut and, with the confirmation that she's finally getting a key role (which I interpret as the "HOLY SHIT THIS IS MEGA IMPORTANT" role), her not appearing on the cover of the issue that reveals this and Part 1 of even she has a key role in, well, that doesn't give someone like me a good sign :unsure:

7 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

That is true. I guess I'm just defensive because, as I've voiced countless times, Cream hasn't seen any action or limelight in the comics ever since her debut and, with the confirmation that she's finally getting a key role (which I interpret as the "HOLY SHIT THIS IS MEGA IMPORTANT" role), her not appearing on the cover of the issue that reveals this and Part 1 of even she has a key role in, well, that doesn't give someone like me a good sign :unsure:

Oh grow up... Plus covers, lie, they look fancy and junk but they don't always contain spoilers. They're just promotional. 

Oh crud, I was meant to get back to this like four days ago. 

On 13/01/2016 at 0:14 PM, TheFatPanda said:

So, Razor's origin story:

Hidden Content

Spoiler

I dunno if they wanted to reuse the idea in the new universe like they reused ideas from other characters for Rotor or if they just really like this dynamic, but the whole thing between Razor and Coral reminded me a lot of Shard and Nicole. You've got a former rogue who was essentially saved by some sort of guardian, which results in the rogue sticking around to protect and eventually developing a crush on the guardian which at this point in time doesn't seem reciprocated (did Shard have the thing about considering them too good to even notice them as well?) I guess if they did want to reintroduce that dynamic since Shard is unusable, them being the first characters to fill a similar sort of niche would make them prime candidates.

• Thumbs Up 1