Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Your very first point was that Clove was young to be holding that sort of position, when she's clearly not in the context of the Sonic Universe.

And...I think if Mordred can be an Egg Boss, Eggman doesn't have the highest standards going. Sure, Clove is far more competent at it, but I'd wager that Eggman has a hand in a lot of the runnings of the army, considering the majority of it is now comprised of Badniks. 

25 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Your very first point was that Clove was young to be holding that sort of position, when she's clearly not in the context of the Sonic Universe.

And did I question her skill or position? Did I say it was unexpected or unusual for her to have that kind of position? Did I say anything about people her age or younger not being capable of handling adult responsibilities like that compared to people in real life?

>Anti Archie Sonic

Kinda hard to take it seriously considering where it's being associated with no offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

And did I question her skill or position? Did I say it was unexpected or unusual for her to have that kind of position? Did I say anything about people her age or younger not being capable of handling adult responsibilities like that compared to people in real life?

Um, yes you did? Whey you say "Hey that's young to be an officer", you're saying that's unusual, and I've just explained why it's not off the back of what you said. 

43 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Um, yes you did? Whey you say "Hey that's young to be an officer", you're saying that's unusual, and I've just explained why it's not off the back of what you said. 

Um, no I didn't. I said nothing questioning her skill or position - better yet, I commended her for it. Nor did I say that people her age aren't capable of adult tasks, or that it was unusual for her to have that position.

When I say "Hey, that's young to be an officer," I'm saying it's young to be an officer on top of the fact that she earned it by whatever merit she did to get it compared to someone else. Which is what I've been telling you three times now as you've been trying to shove words down my throat.

The point is that you remarking it's young to be an officer at all seems to be irrelevant in this post-reboot world where it doesn't seem she's young to be an officer at all, since everyone can have accomplished careers and finalized personalities in ages we'd consider still puberty-ridden teenagedom. Or earlier, I'm not sure I remember it ever being mentioned how young Tails is to be such a genius, just the "what a genius" part. Ages are effectively irrelevant.

The point is that you remarking it's young to be an officer at all seems to be irrelevant in this post-reboot world where it doesn't seem she's young to be an officer at all, since everyone can have accomplished careers and finalized personalities in ages we'd consider still puberty-ridden teenagedom. Or earlier, I'm not sure I remember it ever being mentioned how young Tails is to be such a genius, just the "what a genius" part. Ages are effectively irrelevant.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, The KKM said:

The point is that you remarking it's young to be an officer at all seems to be irrelevant in this post-reboot world where it doesn't seem she's young to be an officer at all, since everyone can have accomplished careers and finalized personalities in ages we'd consider still puberty-ridden teenagedom.

Do I need to repeat myself until you guys get the message?

You may as well, because I'm really not seeing how to read your post, which quote:

Cassia is 13 and a high ranking Egg Boss, holy shit that's young for an general officer rank. Heck, same for Clove - she must be hella smarter than we already know to get that kinda rank.

Other than being a post pointing that there's something remarkable at Clove being so high in her career despite her age, which is what me and VEDJ-F are pointing against, that there's no "despite her age" because age rules are different here.

Rouge isn't a big spy despite her age, Vector isn't a detective despite his age, etc. The ages are irrelevant other than to establish "this character is older than that one but younger than that one", but the number itself has never been relevant as far as I remember in the games- and we know the post-reboot follows the same logic of them, so...?

6 minutes ago, The KKM said:

You may as well, because I'm really not seeing how to read your post, which quote:

Other than being a post pointing that there's something remarkable at Clove being so high in her career despite her age, which is what me and VEDJ-F are pointing against, that there's no "despite her age" because age rules are different here.

Rouge isn't a big spy despite her age, Vector isn't a detective despite his age, etc. The ages are irrelevant other than to establish "this character is older than that one but younger than that one", but the number itself has never been relevant as far as I remember in the games- and we know the post-reboot follows the same logic of them, so...?

So...? It means that I'm saying it's young to be an officer on top of the fact that she earned it by whatever merit she did to get it compared to someone else. Which is what I've been telling you guys four times now as you've been trying to shove words down my throat.

You'd think that I'm commending more about her merit would mean that her ability matters far more than their age anyway. So again, you guys are just shoving your own interpretations down my throat over what you want my post to read after I already explained what I really meant.

You're the one who apparently thinks we're demeritting her. We're not telling there's no merit in her being an officer, we're telling there's no added merit by her being an officer at her young age- which your original post heavily implies, by going

A: Cassia is young for an Officer

B: Clove is young for an officer

C: Clove must be really smart to be already an Officer

We're telling you the "already" is irrelevant here. Not the "really smart".

4 minutes ago, The KKM said:

You're the one who apparently thinks we're demeritting her.

Really? How? Because no where did say you were.

4 minutes ago, The KKM said:

We're not telling there's no merit in her being an officer, we're telling there's no added merit by her being an officer at her young age- which your original post heavily implies, by going

A: Cassia is young for an Officer

B: Clove is young for an officer

C: Clove must be really smart to be already an Officer

We're telling you the "already" is irrelevant here. Not the "really smart".

I'm saying it's young to be an officer on top of the fact that she earned it by whatever merit she did to get it compared to someone else. Which is what I've been telling you guys five times now as you've been trying to shove words down my throat.

And if there's anything I'm apparently thinking, it's that you're being dramatic over a minor point I'm making.

And we're saying she isn't young to be an officer :V Saying someone's "young to be [something]" means that [something] is normally for older people, and we've no reason to assume that considering how ages work :V

We don't have an informtion about Sonic and his friends' background, but Blaze was born into royalty and had to grow up with the expectation of a princess and guardian of the Sol Emeralds. For Knuckles, since he is the "only living decendent" most likely he grew up knowing and following his exxpectation as the guardian of the Master Emerald too. Tails's IQ is listed in his description, so most likely it's not a usual thing for a child his age. Vector's job as a detective isn't "proper", his gang consist of a young ninja and a 6 year old child and anyone can hire him as long as they have money. They also don't seem like professionals with licenses or anything.

I feel Cassia and Clove feels different because they weren't born as an Egg Boss or grew up as one. They were normal civilians, probably without status or power, when they decided to work under Eggman. It is unlikely Eggman would just hand over the Egg Boss status the moment they were hired, unless they  had something valuable or had amazing mentality and ability to supervise a giant region while leading an army to fend off enemies. We don't know when the sisters joined, but whatever years ago they joined Cassia is too young and disabled to do anything. Clove and mosty Clove need to have worked very hard for many years to achieve the current position. Even now, from what we saw in the arc Clove seem to be doing most of the important work while Clove is fooling around or doing smaller things. They are both considered Egg-Bosses, but I think Clove is the actual leader who placed Cassia beside her because she wants to.

...but are they really that young in hedgehog/fox/echidna/squirrel/bat/alligator/cat/rabbit/coyote/walrus/pronghorn years?

Honestly, character's age isn't really an issue for me. ono I just care if they are interesting characters with a good personality. I mean, just look at Egg Boss Thunderbolt. Fug knows what her age is, but it honestly doesn't matter. She's an entertaining character.

I mean, rough ages are okay to tell who is older or younger than whom, but exact ages honestly don't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. Sonic and co. are pretty young, regardless of all the awesome, brave things they've done, so yeah.

Wow... I honestly don't know what to say about this! I can say, however, that this is one hell of a poster and it's great to see the Egg Dragoon and Dark Gaia, at long last! I'm certainly hyped for the ending of SWC now!

Spoiler

However, I'm severely disappointed that Cream isn't in ANY part of this... I'm sorry for constantly bitching about this stupid nonsense but, god dammit, Cream is supposed to have a key role here! A key role that I've been waiting too long for! And she doesn't appear on any of the covers for it... Big is on the cover, Nack is on the over, Focke-Wulf is on the cover, even Gemerl and freaking King Acorn are on the cover. But not Cream, a character who was stated to have a key role in this moment and is far more recognizable (and thus promotional) than those characters I listed...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Falling-Zebra said:

GET THAT SAVED QUICK!

OH MY GOD

Hidden Content

That's really cool! That's the surprise of the day!