Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 hour ago, sonicfoamyfan9805 said:

i think shes like the cassia to the orca boss.

Nope, because Flynn gave us an incomplete list of every Egg Boss and their territories:

1) Akhlut - Northern Oceans
2) Axel - Efrika
3) Clove - Northamera 
4) Mordred - Eurish 
5) Nephthys - Midesta
6) Thunderbolt - Soumerca 
7) Tundra - Artika
8) ??? - Yurashia
9) ??? - Tralius
10) ??? - Southern Oceans
11) ??? - ???
12) ??? - ???

Based on later-revealed information, we can fill in most of the gaps, giving us:

Conquering Storm: Yurashia (Asia)

Yellow guy (by process of elimination)- Tralius (Australia)

Squid Girl: Southern Oceans

Grand Lord Kuku - ???

Mystery Twelfth Egg Boss - ???

source: http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8456&start=15#p438220

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Falling-Zebra said:

GET THAT SAVED QUICK!

OH MY GOD

Hidden Content

Don't care what anyone says. Dan if freaking baller. This is just terrific.

Alright! Here's to a hopefully epic finale everyone!

I've been waiting for this as much as I am waiting for Eggman's Dozen arc.

3 hours ago, Forte-Metallix said:

http://bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8626&sid=103374d1c3ad9053b38d49e0120683ab&start=30

-Egg Soilders don't have bombs in their cybernetics, buuuuuut...?

Mind Control devices? Shut down of cybernetics? The Roboticizer? Gotta be something keeping these soldiers in line because I doubt it's genuine loyalty, as much as I'd like it to be.

• Thumbs Up 8

Just now, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

Mind Control devices? Shut down of cybernetics? The Roboticizer? Gotta be something keeping these soldiers in line because I doubt it's genuine loyalty, as much as I'd like it to be.

Well, it's been made crystal-clear that the majority of the Egg Army doesn't think highly of their boss. And Axel flat-out said that they only tolerate him because they have to. (And there was a rumor that Eggman got the Roboticizer to work again) So he clearly has them on some sort of leash.

1 minute ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Well, it's been made crystal-clear that the majority of the Egg Army doesn't think highly of their boss. And Axel flat-out said that they only tolerate him because they have to. (And there was a rumor that Eggman got the Roboticizer to work again) So he clearly has them on some sort of leash.

I'm wondering if the Roboticizer is even the main dread. Nephthy's said her reasoning was because Eggman would commit to more drastic measures, and Clove is in line because of her sister being medically held hostage.

Rather hard to imagine what other Egg Soldiers are motivated to willingly serve under him despite their opinions without the bombs, but we'll see.

9 minutes ago, TheFatPanda said:

Maybe Egg Bosses have...

Hidden Content

Thunderbolt might enjoy that. XD (sorry)

Though considering she's pretty much 100% loyal to Eggman, I don't think that would matter to her, so your theory is still possible.

9 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Wow... I honestly don't know what to say about this! I can say, however, that this is one hell of a poster and it's great to see the Egg Dragoon and Dark Gaia, at long last! I'm certainly hyped for the ending of SWC now!

Hide contents

However, I'm severely disappointed that Cream isn't in ANY part of this... I'm sorry for constantly bitching about this stupid nonsense but, god dammit, Cream is supposed to have a key role here! A key role that I've been waiting too long for! And she doesn't appear on any of the covers for it... Big is on the cover, Nack is on the over, Focke-Wulf is on the cover, even Gemerl and freaking King Acorn are on the cover. But not Cream, a character who was stated to have a key role in this moment and is far more recognizable (and thus promotional) than those characters I listed...

Maybe it's one of those things the staff wanted to keep as a surprise twist, but PR just kind of throws it out there because that's what they do?

Just now, KingScoopaKoopa said:

Maybe it's one of those things the staff wanted to keep as a surprise twist, but PR just kind of throws it out there because that's what they do?

I'm not sure about that. Ian himself had stated clearly in BumbleKast 7 that Cream has a key role in the plans for the end to Shattered World Crisis (I would link the video for proof but since that causes the video to show up in the post, which I don't want to do, I'll just say look it up and go to 39:00). If that was a secret among the staff, meant to act as a surprise twist, I don't think he would have revealed it like that. But I've actually come to "understand" that Cream couldn't appear in the covers for 285 and 286 as there's already so much space taken up for the Unleashed stuff, which I'm not objecting to as I feel, so far, that this whole "Shattered World Crisis" was very lacking as an "adaptation" for Unleashed (I mean, they decided to do an adaptation for another game and to have World's Unite occur in the middle of it! Like, I can't help but feel that's a very insulting thing to do for the game being adapted, especially since Unleashed is already immensely under appreciated). If anything, I'm more upset about Cream not appearing on the final cover alongside the rest of the Freedom Fighters. But then again, someone pointed out that Nicole isn't with them as well. Either way, it was stupid of me to react like but I can't help it. I just want my favorite character to get some good recognition for once.

1 hour ago, Nerfuffle said:

Reveal hidden contents

As my favorite new egg boss puts it ”as long as they're still alive…”

Tell us your secrets...XD

So, anyone else notice the Egg Dragoon is the Generations version instead of Unleashed?

And I wonder if they're gonna cut out the green blood that gushes from Dark Gaia when Sonic kills it?

Unofficial ages? So he's still wary about this. Is Ian expecting a Sonic Channel bio or something?

Can't talk really. I'm one of those fans that nitpicks small things like ages like crazy. I had loads of my own fake Sonic Channel profiles for my artwork. I think all the Satam cast ended up in slashes of two because the bios conflicted so much.

17 hours ago, TheFatPanda said:

We gonna have to wait til the 3rd of February for the next release. XP Guh.

1 hour ago, TheFatPanda said:

Aaaand still no Sonic titles on next weeks release list.

What's most annoying about this means a lot of the good stuff that's being announced will release a lot later.  It's why I'm getting really fed up with Archie these days.

Personally I'd like to see the Sonic license move to IDW and have them continue the series, with IDW handling the reprints of older issues - IDW already handles reprints of the Archie TMNT comics. Also, Ian already does work for IDW so he has a relationship with them.

And as an added bonus, we can have a Sonic/2012 TMNT crossover.

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA probably wouldn't let IDW continue the series though. Archie had a hard enough time defending the old elements it had with the reboot, a contract change would shift control of that to them even more. Plus, Archie seems to be avoiding reprinting pre-reboot issues in most general avenues, so I don't see IDW being able to if that's from legitimate problems.

^That, and no offense to any 2012 TMNT fans here, I honestly don't want another crossover of Sonic and *insert franchise here* anytime soon especially after WU practically killed the appeal.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, VEDJ-F said:

SEGA probably wouldn't let IDW continue the series though. Archie had a hard enough time defending the old elements it had with the reboot, a contract change would shift control of that to them even more. Plus, Archie seems to be avoiding reprinting pre-reboot issues in most general avenues, so I don't see IDW being able to if that's from legitimate problems.

That's why I'm in the strange situation of both wishing IDW had it instead, but continues this current canon.  Trouble is, we all know how unlikely it is for that to happen, so I guess we can only hope Archie suddenly gets their act together all of a sudden.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that's what prompted the thought. I'm just getting very frustrated with Archie at the moment. It seems their own problems are affecting Sonic and Mega Man rather than the issue being with the IPs themselves. Sonic and Mega Man deserve better than Archie right now, and that bums me out.

• Thumbs Up 1