Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Don't think we'll get one in March either, the delay is by at least two months. 

Archie just confirmed 279's "Free Fall Variant" is still a thing. Despite it nearly being spring =p

That's not really a faster rate given that's still over two months behind SU#82. We'd have to see StH#280 to make a judgement on the time scale. 

1 hour ago, Detective Reptiles said:

That's not really a faster rate given that's still over two months behind SU#82. We'd have to see StH#280 to make a judgement on the time scale. 

Not what I meant.

Now that they're presumably getting back on track, I assumed SU83 would've just come out 2 weeks later as is expected, but the fact its coming out the very next week is making me wonder if they're trying to catch up with where they're supposed to be.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Detective Panda said:

Not what I meant.

Now that they're presumably getting back on track, I assumed SU83 would've just come out 2 weeks later as is expected, but the fact its coming out the very next week is making me wonder if they're trying to catch up with where they're supposed to be.

I had better hope so. All of us have been waiting far too long for this to happen. The sooner we get back on track, the more comics we'll get. Everything will go back to normal. I'm looking forward to reading Eggman's Dozen, as are all of you.

SU82 was due in November (and came out January), #83 in December, #84 in January, #85 in February, #86 in this month, and #87 in April.

STH279 was due in December, #280 in January, #281 in February, #282 in this month, #283 in April, and #284 in May.

Let's see: 3/23 is 279 & 3/30 is 83. I don't think they'll release one comic every week until they catch up; if they did, it would be around June when they catch up with releases and release the issues that are supposed to be slotted for that month.

At most, they may just go with it and release everything normally.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Arranos said:

SU82 was due in November (and came out January), #83 in December, #84 in January, #85 in February, #86 in this month, and #87 in April.

STH279 was due in December, #280 in January, #281 in February, #282 in this month, #283 in April, and #284 in May.

Let's see: 3/23 is 279 & 3/30 is 83. I don't think they'll release one comic every week until they catch up; if they did, it would be around June when they catch up with releases and release the issues that are supposed to be slotted for that month.

At most, they may just go with it and release everything normally.

Well, I'm okay with that. Just as long we're getting comics again, I couldn't care less what happens.

So, while we're all waiting for Sonic Universe 83 to be released, I think it's about time we reveal the identity of the last Egg Boss...and it should be pretty obvious at this point. It's certainly not Dr. Julian Snively like many others suspected:

Sonic284.jpg

Due to him being on Issue 284's cover, I believe that Focke-Wulf is actually a mole for Eggman who infiltrated the Witchcarter's ranks and gain info for Eggman.

This is perfectly logical because we see Metal Sonic, the Battle Kukku (confirmed Egg Boss), Nack (mercenary hired by Eggman), and of course, Focke-Wulf (Eggman's secret agent).

We don't even see Carrotia or Bearenger on any other cover, so this is pretty legitimate.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Due to him being on Issue 284's cover, I believe that Focke-Wulf is actually a mole for Eggman who infiltrated the Witchcarter's ranks and gain info for Eggman.

Hmm, while this is sort of plausible, I don't think he would have the rank of "Egg Boss". That would mean he'd have to have a whole army to command, in an area on the planet to secure for him. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, RobotnikHolmes said:

Hmm, which this is sort of plausible, I don't think he would have the rank of "Egg Boss". That would mean he'd have to have a whole army to command, in an area on the planet to secure for him. XP

Probably not. The reason being is he is the mole of the group. It's a bit hard to be undercover when you have a bunch of Egg Swats working for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Probably not. The reason being is he is the mole of the group. It's a bit hard to be undercover when you have a bunch of Egg Swats working for you.

Are there really any possible candidates left though? I just can't see it being any other person except for Fock-Wulfe. I want Dr. Julian Snively to be his own man, let him be a threat to Sonic, Eggman, and G.U.N. It just wouldn't feel right for him to suddenly be an Egg Boss, that would ruin his character for me. I don't see Thrash coming back either.

Who else could there possibly be? There isn't going to be many AOSTH characters in this book, and we all ready have Mordred, Akhlut, and Conquering Storm as the Archie-exclusive Egg Bosses, who were introduced in the old continuity that came back in the Post-Reboot. Ian Flynn did confirm that the last Egg Boss would be a "surprise" after all. I'm pretty sure no one would ever expect Fock-Wulfe before that cover even came out.

Also, just for him being on the cover in general, it seems like he's going to play a pretty big role during the "Panic in the Sky" event. Ian Flynn also said that the 12th Egg Boss would have a pretty big impact too. If it was a brand new character, they wouldn't be able to make much of an impact at all. It certainly wouldn't make sense to introduce that new character at the very end, but because Fock-Wulfe's first appearance is shown during Eggman's Dozen, I can already tell he's going to be a very important character.

I'm pretty sure he can handle his own against the likes of Sonic and Tails, and I'm expecting a showdown between Sonic and the Freedom Fighters vs Eggman and his Egg Bosses. Fock-Wulfe is definitely going to be one of my favorite villains, that's for sure. He definitely has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see how far he goes. Like I said before, it couldn't possibly be anyone else, because that last Egg Boss should be the most important and have the biggest impact leading up to the final showdown. Otherwise, having a new character would ruin all that dramatic build-up and suspense. At least in my opinion anyway.

Just now, SilverStarN64 said:

Are there really any possible candidates left though? I just can't see it being any other person except for Fock-Wulfe. I want Dr. Julian Snively to be his own man, let him be a threat to Sonic, Eggman, and G.U.N. It just wouldn't feel right for him to suddenly be an Egg Boss, that would ruin his character for me. I don't see Thrash coming back either.

Who else could there possibly be? There isn't going to be many AOSTH characters in this book, and we all ready have Mordred, Akhlut, and Conquering Storm as the Archie-exclusive Egg Bosses, who were introduced in the old continuity that came back in the Post-Reboot. Ian Flynn did confirm that the last Egg Boss would be a "surprise" after all. I'm pretty sure no one would ever expect Fock-Wulfe before that cover even came out.

Also, just for him being on the cover in general, it seems like he's going to play a pretty big role during the "Panic in the Sky" event. Ian Flynn also said that the 12th Egg Boss would have a pretty big impact too. If it was a brand new character, they wouldn't be able to make much of an impact at all. It certainly wouldn't make sense to introduce that new character at the very end, but because Fock-Wulfe's first appearance is shown during Eggman's Dozen, I can already tell he's going to be a very important character.

I'm pretty sure he can handle his own against the likes of Sonic and Tails, and I'm expecting a showdown between Sonic and the Freedom Fighters vs Eggman and his Egg Bosses. Fock-Wulfe is definitely going to be one of my favorite villains, that's for sure. He definitely has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see how far he goes. Like I said before, it couldn't possibly be anyone else, because that last Egg Boss should be the most important and have the biggest impact leading up to the final showdown. Otherwise, having a new character would ruin all that dramatic build-up and suspense. At least in my opinion anyway.

You misunderstood me. I think your theory works. I meant he likely stands out in that he isn't actually an Egg Boss who commands legions. That would break his cover. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You misunderstood me. I think your theory works. I meant he likely stands out in that he isn't actually an Egg Boss who commands legions. That would break his cover. 

Ah...I see. Never mind, then. This makes sense now.

I would assume he's in the same position as Nack?

3 hours ago, RobotnikHolmes said:

Hmm, while this is sort of plausible, I don't think he would have the rank of "Egg Boss". That would mean he'd have to have a whole army to command, in an area on the planet to secure for him. XP

Yeah...it does make sense. But if it's not him, then who could it possibly be? (part of me wants to believe that it's Snively, but another part of me doesn't want that to happen)

I have an idea for a big story arc after Panic in the Sky. Let me know what you guys think.

During the finale of Panic in the Sky, Eggman attacks Were!Sonic inside Eggmanland, and Sonic barely manages to beat him. After this, Sonic is about to restore the final emerald when Dark Gaia attacks, causing Eggman to be believed dead due falling through the floor when Dark Gaia attacks. The result of this is of course Sonic's Super fight, and restoration of the planet. But things differ from here. Sonic has been reported missing after the fight, and finds himself lost in the arctic. Usually, this wouldn't be so much of a problem normally...

We flashback to a few hours previously, in which we finally see Knuckles. Relic and Amy restore the Master Emerald, and Angel Island flies again. But Relic soon discovers a broken down Fixit hidden in the shrine. Suddenly the three are shocked from behind, and knocked out, leaving an unknown attacker on the Angel Island Shrine as he throws Knuckles, Relic and Amy off the island, into the ocean below. Luckily the two are rescued by Razor, who happened to be near by. 

We cut back to the present as Sonic runs towards the nearest Egg Base to hyjack some equipment and get back in contact with the Freedom Fighters, but as he gets there, and begins to fight the Egg Army, suddenly all of the screens on the base are taken over. Snively appears on screen, laughing all the way about how it is finally time for his revenge. He reveals that he has managed to weaponize the Master Emerald, and as a parting gift, as implanted a virus into G.U.N's entire base, and managed to manipulate it's systems in space to spread the effects to all of Mobius. 

As Sonic and Rotor's father watch on, we cut to the Freedom Fighters who are witnessing the video, when we suddenly see Bunnie starting to hold her head in pain. As Snively keeps laughing, he activates a protocol on a computer on Angel Island, unleashing the virus to every single piece of technology on Mobius, giving him full control of them all, including cyborgs, and robots. This causes all of the Egg Bosses, and even Nicole, and Bunnie to suddenly attack their friends in the name of Snively. Omega begins shooting at everyone inside of G.U.N. All of Eggman's previous bosses and robots begin acting crazy and attacking Sonic. Snively reveals that he researched a lost world, and discovered a race of being able to control robots through Chaos Energy, and their minds. Using the virus, and the power of the Master Emerald, Snively has managed to give himself those same abilites, and now has full control of every robot on the planet.

It doesn't end there however, as it's also revealed that Snively managed to steal his former uncle's robotizer plans, and is now working on converting Angel Island into one massive robotizer designed to turn the entire planet into robots. As for Eggman, it's revealed that he didn't die, but was instead launched extremely far into the air after Dark Gaia was stopped, and Light Gaia saved both Sonic and Eggman, landing on a mysterious new planet...

So what do you guys think? 

• Thumbs Up 3

I know this is an old picture and we've known about it for a while, but might as well repost it for people to look at:

STH_284-287_Panic_in_the_Sky.thumb.jpg.0

• Thumbs Up 9

Eh, I don't know. That Fockewolf guy noticably lacks cybernetics, and Eggman's made it clear he won't allow any of his minions to remain fully organic. And Snively doesn't have them, either.

Personally, I'd like to think it'll be a brand-new character, but it wouldn't make sense for them to hype up the mystery, only for it to be someone we don't know. The only possible veteran I can think of would be Thrash, but Ian insists he's still not sure if he wants to bring the totally righteous echidna banisher back.

• Thumbs Up 6

41 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Eh, I don't know. That Fockewolf guy noticably lacks cybernetics, and Eggman's made it clear he won't allow any of his minions to remain fully organic. And Snively doesn't have them, either.

Personally, I'd like to think it'll be a brand-new charatcer, but it wouldn't make sense for them to hype up the mystery, only for it to be someone we don't know. The only possible veteran I can think of would be Thrash, but Ian insists he's still not sure if he wants to bring the totally righteous echidna banisher back.

Oh...that's right. I forgot about the whole "cybernetic" thing with Egg Bosses. I still believe that Focke-Wulf is a traitor and that he was a secret agent for Eggman all along (NOT an Egg Boss), so I was actually "half-right" about my previous statement. At least Snively will be doing his own things, so it's not a total waste.

But, there's something off. The Battle Kukku doesn't have any cybernetics that I'm aware of, and he IS an Egg Boss after all. Also, how exactly would you make Thrash work in this context? He doesn't have any cybernetics either. What kind of origin would you give him that would cause Thrash to work for Eggman? Could he possibly have the "Devil Dogs" as his own army/mooks like every other Egg Boss does? Well, I know that he could be the Egg Boss of Tralius, but other than that I'm not sure what you could really do with him.

I actually kind of like the Thrash theory, it would be quite an interesting surprise. And perhaps being an Egg Boss (including giving him cybernetics) would make him different enough to separate him from his old-verse counterpart, which is definitely a good thing considering the "bang" he went out on. The "non-anthro Tasmanian devils" were a Penders idea, so they aren't coming back. The character would have to have very different motives...wonder what they would be.

The Focke-Wulf theory is certainly interesting, and I think that he could still have internal cybernetics like Monkey Khan or something. I mean, if he is an undercover agent, Eggy wouldn't be so dumb as to give him obvious robotic parts. I have to wonder, are they going to change his name? :P

• Thumbs Up 7

If it IS Thrash after Ian's been going "I don't know what to do with him so he's not appearing!" for a year, I'll start calling him Moffat :V

2 hours ago, The KKM said:

If it IS Thrash after Ian's been going "I don't know what to do with him so he's not appearing!" for a year, I'll start calling him Moffat :V

Why? Has Moffat done that? I can't recall him doing anything like that.

Moffat'd outright lie as a pretense to keep the mystery in the show, saying things would or would not happen that then would or would not happen. Ian so far hasn't, hence what I'm saying- Ian's said he's got no plans right now for Thrash since he can't think of how to use him, if it turns out he was lying to protect the mystery of him being an Egg Boss, then, y'know. He's gained a sneering backside like Moffat :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Can't say I've been paying really close attention to all of Ian's statements...when was the most recent time he said he wasn't going to bring Thrash back? (Of course, I guess it would have had to been pretty long ago for him to have changed his mind, since comic books are written so far in advance.)

By the way, I like that the final Unleashed arc is called "Panic in the Sky", that was a really great episode of the Adventures of Superman.