Jump to content
Toby

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The KKM said:

Moffat'd outright lie as a pretense to keep the mystery in the show, saying things would or would not happen that then would or would not happen. Ian so far hasn't, hence what I'm saying- Ian's said he's got no plans right now for Thrash since he can't think of how to use him, if it turns out he was lying to protect the mystery of him being an Egg Boss, then, y'know. He's gained a sneering backside like Moffat :V

Didn't he originally say the original Metal Sonic was perma-dead, before bringing him back as Shard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Detective Panda said:

Didn't he originally say the original Metal Sonic was perma-dead, before bringing him back as Shard?

Well, that's more an example of his changing his mind rather than lying. I recall hearing that originally some other robot was meant to join the Secret Freedom Fighters, but Flynn decided/was convinced bringing back the original Metal Sonic would be better. (I'll look for a source to back this up.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thing I noted; even after her redesign, Dulcy is really being ignored [by the fanbase]. I mean, the designs of the all new characters garnered a lot of attention, Lupe a little bit, but do you know how many pieces of fanart I've seen for Dulcy's post reboot design? One. There's more art of other people's ideas for a redesign floating around than art of the actual redesign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Just a thing I noted; even after her redesign, Dulcy is really being ignored [by the fanbase]. I mean, the designs of the all new characters garnered a lot of attention, Lupe a little bit, but do you know how many pieces of fanart I've seen for Dulcy's post reboot design? One. There's more art of other people's ideas for a redesign floating around than art of the actual redesign. 

My guess is we'll probably get more once the issue finally comes out and we have more to work with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2016 at 8:48 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

 

22 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Just a thing I noted; even after her redesign, Dulcy is really being ignored [by the fanbase]. I mean, the designs of the all new characters garnered a lot of attention, Lupe a little bit, but do you know how many pieces of fanart I've seen for Dulcy's post reboot design? One. There's more art of other people's ideas for a redesign floating around than art of the actual redesign. 

I'm all keen on her design. :0 I guess just waiting for her re-debut issue being delayed it sort of lost my attention. XP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely love to see a rivalry between Dulcy and Conquering Storm.

A female dragon and a female samurai fighting against each other? That would be my saving grace. I'm quite intrigued to know what their backstories are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Nevermind the really STUPID things that Penders did with her in his run.

Barring End Game, I can hardly remember Penders using Dulcy. I did used to think he wrote her introductory story, but it turns out that was Angelo Decesare. I do seem to recall Bollers did some dumb things with her (namely the thing with Zant, but that was one of those issues I hadn't read), and Gallagher tried to fill in some blanks with her late into the 150, and Flynn hardly ever used her or got to use her, but that's about it. Did Penders use her for anything?

 

Though, to be honest, I kind of found Dulcy pretty forgettable in most of the old run. Any time I can think of her, it's usually because of some really cool Spaz cover and not because of a role she may have played in the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

Barring End Game, I can hardly remember Penders using Dulcy. I did used to think he wrote her introductory story, but it turns out that was Angelo Decesare. I do seem to recall Bollers did some dumb things with her (namely the thing with Zant, but that was one of those issues I hadn't read), and Gallagher tried to fill in some blanks with her late into the 150, and Flynn hardly ever used her or got to use her, but that's about it. Did Penders use her for anything?

 

Though, to be honest, I kind of found Dulcy pretty forgettable in most of the old run. Any time I can think of her, it's usually because of some really cool Spaz cover and not because of a role she may have played in the story.

Ah, I was confusing him with Bollers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god oh my god, Ian Flynn answered my weird-ass question on Bumblekast!

And in that, he revealed some lil tidbits about some Egg Bosses, like:

  • Axel is good with building stuff (surprise surprise) but that leaves the future open to seeing things he'd build or manned himself (like the Egg Beetle).
  • Clove has a talent/ability that her internal cybernetics give her that has yet to be shown.
  • Yeah, Cassia is not exactly an Egg Boss so much as a sub-boss. I think that was discussed before on this forum already. XP
  • Conquering Storm is gonna be a pretty serious, disciplined individual. Not much, but its an insight in what kind of personality she'll have in the future.
  • Grand Battle Kuku XV's personality is going to be more fleshed out in his upcoming reappearance.
  • The two oceanic Egg Bosses will appear, along with the Australian-themed one later in the Eggman's Dozen issues.

Again, its nothing new really, but I felt the need to share it on here, as this topic has been mostly quiet in the wait for the upcoming issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.