Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Not that he wouldn't, he just wasn't sure whether to due to the baggage surrounding his past (you know, the little thing of wiping out the Echidnas). And to be honest, it wasn't that long ago. A year, if that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The KKM said:

Moffat'd outright lie as a pretense to keep the mystery in the show, saying things would or would not happen that then would or would not happen. Ian so far hasn't, hence what I'm saying- Ian's said he's got no plans right now for Thrash since he can't think of how to use him, if it turns out he was lying to protect the mystery of him being an Egg Boss, then, y'know. He's gained a sneering backside like Moffat :V

Didn't he originally say the original Metal Sonic was perma-dead, before bringing him back as Shard?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Detective Panda said:

Didn't he originally say the original Metal Sonic was perma-dead, before bringing him back as Shard?

Well, that's more an example of his changing his mind rather than lying. I recall hearing that originally some other robot was meant to join the Secret Freedom Fighters, but Flynn decided/was convinced bringing back the original Metal Sonic would be better. (I'll look for a source to back this up.)

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah, Shard is more like "oh, I changed my mind". Same thing if we see Thrash appear towards the end of 2016 or something, I can buy that at that point enough time has passed for Ian to change his mind, plan on it, write it, and it get published.

• Thumbs Up 6

Just a thing I noted; even after her redesign, Dulcy is really being ignored [by the fanbase]. I mean, the designs of the all new characters garnered a lot of attention, Lupe a little bit, but do you know how many pieces of fanart I've seen for Dulcy's post reboot design? One. There's more art of other people's ideas for a redesign floating around than art of the actual redesign. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Just a thing I noted; even after her redesign, Dulcy is really being ignored [by the fanbase]. I mean, the designs of the all new characters garnered a lot of attention, Lupe a little bit, but do you know how many pieces of fanart I've seen for Dulcy's post reboot design? One. There's more art of other people's ideas for a redesign floating around than art of the actual redesign. 

My guess is we'll probably get more once the issue finally comes out and we have more to work with.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/3/2016 at 8:48 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

22 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I'm all keen on her design. :0 I guess just waiting for her re-debut issue being delayed it sort of lost my attention. XP

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm sure it has a lot to do with Dulcy's lack of popularity in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Dulcy never was that popular compared to other SatAM characters, it's easy to forget she exist 

I would definitely love to see a rivalry between Dulcy and Conquering Storm.

A female dragon and a female samurai fighting against each other? That would be my saving grace. I'm quite intrigued to know what their backstories are.

2 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I'm sure it has a lot to do with Dulcy's lack of popularity in general.

Nevermind the really STUPID things that Penders did with her in his run.

26 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Nevermind the really STUPID things that Penders did with her in his run.

Barring End Game, I can hardly remember Penders using Dulcy. I did used to think he wrote her introductory story, but it turns out that was Angelo Decesare. I do seem to recall Bollers did some dumb things with her (namely the thing with Zant, but that was one of those issues I hadn't read), and Gallagher tried to fill in some blanks with her late into the 150, and Flynn hardly ever used her or got to use her, but that's about it. Did Penders use her for anything?

Though, to be honest, I kind of found Dulcy pretty forgettable in most of the old run. Any time I can think of her, it's usually because of some really cool Spaz cover and not because of a role she may have played in the story.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

Barring End Game, I can hardly remember Penders using Dulcy. I did used to think he wrote her introductory story, but it turns out that was Angelo Decesare. I do seem to recall Bollers did some dumb things with her (namely the thing with Zant, but that was one of those issues I hadn't read), and Gallagher tried to fill in some blanks with her late into the 150, and Flynn hardly ever used her or got to use her, but that's about it. Did Penders use her for anything?

Though, to be honest, I kind of found Dulcy pretty forgettable in most of the old run. Any time I can think of her, it's usually because of some really cool Spaz cover and not because of a role she may have played in the story.

Ah, I was confusing him with Bollers. 

I wouldn't put much of the blame on Bollers, really. She's even unpopular as far as SatAM is concerned. She had a ditzy personality that was mildly annoying and not very compelling or interesting, and I don't think people were too interested in her for that reason.

Maybe it'll change once we see her in the new issue.

I would even draw her if I was any good...nah, I'll never be good.

Wow, I never realized this before, but yeah, every Dulcy centered thing sucked (to bigger or smaller degree), now I see why Flynn never used her.

Well I suppose this is another potential benefit of the reboot, as Ian can now write Dulcy in a more workable manner than he could in the old setting. Of course, that remains to be seen in action.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh my god oh my god, Ian Flynn answered my weird-ass question on Bumblekast!

And in that, he revealed some lil tidbits about some Egg Bosses, like:

• Axel is good with building stuff (surprise surprise) but that leaves the future open to seeing things he'd build or manned himself (like the Egg Beetle).
  • Clove has a talent/ability that her internal cybernetics give her that has yet to be shown.
  • Yeah, Cassia is not exactly an Egg Boss so much as a sub-boss. I think that was discussed before on this forum already. XP
  • Conquering Storm is gonna be a pretty serious, disciplined individual. Not much, but its an insight in what kind of personality she'll have in the future.
  • Grand Battle Kuku XV's personality is going to be more fleshed out in his upcoming reappearance.
  • The two oceanic Egg Bosses will appear, along with the Australian-themed one later in the Eggman's Dozen issues.

Again, its nothing new really, but I felt the need to share it on here, as this topic has been mostly quiet in the wait for the upcoming issues.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

When was Dulcy's redesign shown? Anyone got a pic maybe?

FD4wM4Z8Tx1k0owSN1AaUfhccRAd8BRKoO_gqsXw

Not sure if there's any other images of her new design other than this cover.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Already so much better then the heavy set goofy barney-ass Dragon we've known for so long

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

She's also got a neat similar appearance to the dragon small animal you can find in Sonic Adventure 2 stages. XP

animals-embrace-small.png

Slightly

• Thumbs Up 2

She looks better than before, but I can't say I particularly like the design. She should've just stayed gone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be okay if she's utilized properly and has a better personality