Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

8 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Nice dream, but ultimately almost impossible., especially for main tittle (platformer)

Sega has big enough cast to resent, they don't need more. Besides, most people who buys Archie already buys Sonic Games. So it won' bring to many new buyers, it will pleas small part of fandom while alienating the rest.

Yeah, you're definitely right about that.

Although, if something like this were to be real, I personally believe that a lot of people would enjoy it. There's been a lot of positive feedback from his project too. Seriously, who wouldn't want to play as characters like Sally, Scourge, or Eclipse? The fact that he expanded more on the character roster is just amazing. (OmegaMorph has been working on USF ever since 2011 and it's still continuing, as we speak)

On 12.03.2016 at 10:20 PM, Shadowlax said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok there was a response about this here, and knuckles desire to trust known sociopaths than shadow being weird. But I wish to drop this to address my larger issue with that comic, uneeded fights aside. I think who came out net worse in the comic was rouge, even in shadow fall too. Because it sucks, because like blaze I think she's rad, she' doesn't get to much of anything. And I think being on the same team as shadow sort of makes it worse. 

Ideally they could pull... potentially one of the best, and one of in my experience one of the most frequently requested shadow story ideas, which is fugitive shadow, out of this. But I doubt , but they could. I mean snively is on the inside, and it could really be a thing if some one from archie wants it to. But call my cynical, it just might be rouge becoming a worse character, which sucks.

Becoming overall distrusting after so many times being used in the past doesn't seem that much weird.

When it comes to Rouge. I would say she was better in Total Eclipse with compar to Shadow Fall. In Shadow Fall almost all her lines were only about Shadow, and his ego, and doting on Shadow, and thinking about how Shadow's doing. She was just Team Dark's mom. It seemed like being with Shadow and Omega limits her character.

In Total Eclipse she taked more initiative, she had more lines that revolved around the mission, herself, and cracking jokes and not just Shadow, she bossed Snively around like a champ, she teased Relic (not in the mean way, thought). She was interesting in her own right. She was usefull by slowing down Eclipse when he was trying to escape from the island. And she got some character development in her moment with Knuckles.

I would say she has improved. Hell, I would be all for idea of her own Universe arc.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, blade57331 said:

Becoming overall distrusting after so many times being used in the past doesn't seem that much weird.

When it comes to Rouge. I would say she was better in Total Eclipse with compar to Shadow Fall. In Shadow Fall almost all her lines were only about Shadow, and his ego, and doting on Shadow, and thinking about how Shadow's doing. She was just Team Dark's mom. It seemed like being with Shadow and Omega limits her character.

In Total Eclipse she taked more initiative, she had more lines that revolved around the mission, herself, and cracking jokes and not just Shadow, she bossed Snively around like a champ, she teased Relic (not in the mean way, thought). She was interesting in her own right. She was usefull by slowing down Eclipse when he was trying to escape from the island. And she got some character development in her moment with Knuckles.

I would say she has improved. Hell, I would be all for idea of her own Universe arc.

I would love to see a Universe Arc about Rouge and Madonna Garnet teaming up on a mission. I think the interactions between those two would be very funny and reminiscent of the "Rouge and Topaz" relationship in Sonic X.

Aside from Helen, Topaz was the only human I could care about in Sonic X. I can already tell that Madonna Garnet is going to be the next "Jill Valentine". Madonna, an intelligent and tough woman who isn't a damsel in distress? She's going to be epic!

• Thumbs Up 2

I personally want to see more Dark Arms.

I know the rest of the eggs were broken in the crash, but what if G.U.N. takes the broken eggs and recreates the rest of the Dark Arms?

I don't know. I just want Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Pink, Indigo, Ivory, and Gray Dark Arms.

Impossible, right?

2 hours ago, Arranos said:

I personally want to see more Dark Arms.

I know the rest of the eggs were broken in the crash, but what if G.U.N. takes the broken eggs and recreates the rest of the Dark Arms?

I don't know. I just want Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Pink, Indigo, Ivory, and Gray Dark Arms.

Impossible, right?

Yes, indeed. Very impossible.

Almost as impossible as Eclipse being a playable character in a Sonic game.

It's funny to consider who will get SU. We all know who makes 1th tier: Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Eggman and Sonic when he feels like one book isn't enough for him.

Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Cream, Metal Sonic and Chaotix, are in second. I like Silver, but I never got why Silver is considered popular enough to hold book (or even Secret FF book) on his own when Blaze always needs back-up (Amy, Shadow, Sonic on the first cover). And while I get that single Chaotix wouldn't work or that Cream is too young/weak/popular/nosupportingcast/whatever too have her own 4-part adventure, you would think that Rouge could easily handle solo mission. Arguably she' more popular then Silver or Blaze. She's older and appeared in Sonic X & SA2 . I mean look at Devi...bad example. Look at fanfiction Net. Silver has 1.4K fanfic, Blaze 1.1, Rouge 1.2, Knuckles 1.6K (This is list of fics with them in main role) I know those numbers can't be 100% trusted, but still, Rouge isn't far behind.

There are only two explanations I can think of 1 She's a girl. Maybe that pulls sales down (again, maybe that's why Blaze & Amy can't have story without each other or more popular male character) 2 Arguably Shadow needs more time. So every story that uses her but not could be considered a waste. And naturally Shadow is a scr...page-hog.

Of course that makes you question how Babylon Rouges got their own arc. Because they added Sonic half way through?

• Thumbs Up 2

It should be known that elements of SatAM and the Archie Sonic comics are not allowed to be used in the games and other continuities due to legal embargoes. Because, yeah, SEGA mandates and stuff.

Y'know, thinking about it, the last time Shadow showed up in the main book (outside crossovers) was the dark mirror, wasn't it? That was a long fucking time ago.

15 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

Y'know, thinking about it, the last time Shadow showed up in the main book (outside crossovers) was the dark mirror, wasn't it? That was a long fucking time ago.

No, he made a cameo in Champions.

And Blaze is more than capable of holding her own arc. The reasons she's shared the spotlight thus far are:

1) To conclude Shadow's interdimensional adventures

2) To introduce Team Rose into the comics

3) To book-end her quest for the Sol Emeralds/tie in TTT into the new continuity.

I don't see how being female would hurt sales, seeing as Spark of Life was focused primarily on Sally and Nicole.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Inspector Shaddy said:

This is one disadvantage of Sonic Universe: it's finally gives time to shine for other Sega characters, but they practically not welcome in main book. Blaze appeared in one back up story. Omega never. Now that Chaotix aren't part of Knuckles little word they probably getting a boot too, same with Silver now that his storyline has ended. Only Main trio and Team Rose can enter in main stories, rest has to suck their fingers and wait for their turn in SU.

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

And Blaze is more than capable of holding her own arc. The reasons she's shared the spotlight thus far are:

1) To conclude Shadow's interdimensional adventures

2) To introduce Team Rose into the comics

3) To book-end her quest for the Sol Emeralds/tie in TTT into the new continuity.

I don't see how being female would hurt sales, seeing as Spark of Life was focused primarily on Sally and Nicole.

At least Spark of Life had Tails on first two covers.

And I don't buy your 3rd point, she could easily had this adventure without Amy & Cream. It doesn't help her case that Sonic is showed on every first cover of her stories.

But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I'm just trowing theories how someone's in Archie thinks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Ian did say in the past that Blaze couldn't support her own arc. Can't recall how long ago, and it's not helped that not even Spark of Life proves that she could now, really (it was focused on Sally and Nicole sure, but why do you think Tails was shoved in there?).

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

It's funny to consider who will get SU. We all know who makes 1th tier: Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Eggman and Sonic when he feels like one book isn't enough for him.

Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Cream, Metal Sonic and Chaotix, are in second. I like Silver, but I never got why Silver is considered popular enough to hold book (or even Secret FF book) on his own when Blaze always needs back-up (Amy, Shadow, Sonic on the first cover). And while I get that single Chaotix wouldn't work or that Cream is too young/weak/popular/nosupportingcast/whatever too have her own 4-part adventure, you would think that Rouge could easily handle solo mission. Arguably she' more popular then Silver or Blaze. She's older and appeared in Sonic X & SA2 . I mean look at Devi...bad example. Look at fanfiction Net. Silver has 1.4K fanfic, Blaze 1.1, Rouge 1.2, Knuckles 1.6K (This is list of fics with them in main role) I know those numbers can't be 100% trusted, but still, Rouge isn't far behind.

There are only two explanations I can think of 1 She's a girl. Maybe that pulls sales down (again, maybe that's why Blaze & Amy can't have story without each other or more popular male character) 2 Arguably Shadow needs more time. So every story that uses her but not could be considered a waste. And naturally Shadow is a scr...page-hog.

Of course that makes you question how Babylon Rouges got their own arc. Because they added Sonic half way through?

The Babylon Rogues are SEGA characters. That should be more than enough reason for them to have their own Universe arc. I'm desperately waiting for them to get another Universe arc after the Shattered World Crisis is over.

The only other girls that are capable of getting their own Universe arc at this point, would be Rouge and Honey. Especially Honey, a newcomer to the comics. I can't wait to see her appear again and learn more about her business company and what she does for a living.

• Thumbs Up 1

I found Babylon Rising meh, period. Seriously, for such an important part of the plot it was involved, I can't remember jack about what happened, even with the first part being reprinted twice recently.

Also, if Blaze can go toe to toe with Metal Sonic in the popularity stakes, Silver can get acknowledged as part of a hedgehog trio in other fan circuits while Rouge gets trounced by Vector, she is nowhere near as popular as either of them. Arguably, she has the most iffy reasons for getting any attention amongst a lot of fans, unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

The Babylon Rogues are SEGA characters. That should be more than enough reason for them to have their own Universe arc. I'm desperately waiting for them to get another Universe arc after the Shattered World Crisis is over.

The only other girls that are capable of getting their own Universe arc at this point, would be Rouge and Honey. Especially Honey, a newcomer to the comics. I can't wait to see her appear again and learn more about her business company and what she does for a living.

I don't think you understand my point. Not everyone can get Sonic Universe. Flynn made it very clear that it has to be someone popular enough to get it. For example he deliberately put Silver in Secret FF, otherwise they wouldn't be marketable enough for their own SU, So only few Sega characters can get arc. (Plus Scourge since he's green Sonic and Sally due to her giant popularity and even then she needed Tails in a cover) That's why Sonic appears on every cover in main book, even if he doesn't do anything in story. That's why he's glued to SU covers sometimes. I'm guessing that even Werehog isn't popular enough, since his covers always have Hedgehog Sonic or Eggman with him. Or look at SU 50 Sonic doesn't appear, but they still put his reflections on Metal in case wasn't selling himself.

So no, Honey is never getting her own SU. At least not without someone more popular with her.

Honey?

Theirs no way Honey could hold her own arc, she isn't exactly popular or that well known to the masses, even to those who have played the recent port of Sonic the Fighters. 

1 hour ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I don't think you understand my point. Not everyone can get Sonic Universe. Flynn made it very clear that it has to be someone popular enough to get it. For example he deliberately put Silver in Secret FF, otherwise they wouldn't be marketable enough for their own SU, So only few Sega characters can get arc. (Plus Scourge since he's green Sonic and Sally due to her giant popularity and even then she needed Tails in a cover) That's why Sonic appears on every cover in main book, even if he doesn't do anything in story. That's why he's glued to SU covers sometimes. I'm guessing that even Werehog isn't popular enough, since his covers always have Hedgehog Sonic or Eggman with him. Or look at SU 50 Sonic doesn't appear, but they still put his reflections on Metal in case wasn't selling himself.

So no, Honey is never getting her own SU. At least not without someone more popular with her.

Okay, then.

That reminds me, do you think we'll ever see some sort of "Secret Freedom Fighters" team again? Perhaps Dr. Ellidy or Uncle Chuck could round up a few members like Harvey Who did.

I could see Knuckles as "Agent Ace", Gemerl as "Agent Jack", Ray as "Agent Joker", Mighty as "Agent King of Spades", Espio as "Agent King of Clubs", Cassia as "Agent Queen of Diamonds", and Clove as "Agent Queen of Hearts".

As to why Cassia and Clove would join...let's just say it has something to do with Uncle Chuck curing Cassia's disease after getting fed up with Eggman's nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Honey?

Theirs no way Honey could hold her own arc, she isn't exactly popular or that well known to the masses, even to those who have played the recent port of Sonic the Fighters. 

She could at least share the spotlight with another female character in a Universe arc. I'd be okay with that.

2 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

We got some release dates as well!

YEAH! OMG! We're FINALLY getting back on track again! Hallelujah! This is truly the best day ever now! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Since the next Super Digest is apparently Boom themed, you think there's a chance it might have a new Boom story? I remember hearing the Boom series would continue in other books.

• Thumbs Up 1