Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

3 minutes ago, shdowhunt60 said:

Hold on, they're planning to announce MORE graphic novels?

No, they're going to announce a new release schedule for all the graphic novels that have been delayed.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, blade57331 said:

Becoming overall distrusting after so many times being used in the past doesn't seem that much weird.

When it comes to Rouge. I would say she was better in Total Eclipse with compar to Shadow Fall. In Shadow Fall almost all her lines were only about Shadow, and his ego, and doting on Shadow, and thinking about how Shadow's doing. She was just Team Dark's mom. It seemed like being with Shadow and Omega limits her character.

In Total Eclipse she taked more initiative, she had more lines that revolved around the mission, herself, and cracking jokes and not just Shadow, she bossed Snively around like a champ, she teased Relic (not in the mean way, thought). She was interesting in her own right. She was usefull by slowing down Eclipse when he was trying to escape from the island. And she got some character development in her moment with Knuckles.

I would say she has improved. Hell, I would be all for idea of her own Universe arc.

Spoiler

Her lines kind of weren't about shadow in shadow fall, when they really needed to be. She never actually addressed any of shadow's actual problems in shadow fall and in total eclipse, which would come to bite her in the ass twice. Shadow not being trusted by gun, and her boss telling her to not trust shadow is some shit that problably should have gotten talked about . And they never actually talk about how say shadow was still able to be mind controlled, And be messed with let alot the self loathing , and general low self esteem with shadow that comes with the black arms. It reminds him he's a monster and weapon, heck he goes into that point when relic asks him about himself... which is more than rouge really inquired, which is sad actually. Tough guy or no, shadow is still your friend, maybe you should see whats up. 

Next in total eclipse, she didn't really take initiative of anything. The arc was about shadow and knuckles, and the most she did was talk to knuckles about him on the island. Which was interesting, but didn't particularly go anywhere.And still didn't address shadows rampaging alien elephants in his room. The person out of all tthe people right now, who probably needs some sort of talking to. and stable mental network than say... knuckles. And she wasn't usefull in stopping eclipse, he whipped her ass broke her arm, broke omega and took their shit. I understand looking at the bright side, but there was none, she got beat up. She wasn't that important the entire arc, got beat up and was only was there to be the character to tell knuckles and shadow to stop fighting. And that isn't any triumpant moment for that character, because she gets her ass beat before hand. She demonstatraits clearly why shadow doesn't really need team dark anymore. Her role in telling knuckles to stop fighting , could have been filled in by relic, or she could have been watching from gun base and just radioed in. She didn't need to be there.

All that said it isn't her fault, its because she has the unlucky job on being a team with shadow the hedgehog a character in a power tier of charters I would just label "actually super broken " with silver and blaze. A character that  villains continue to try and instead of defeat try and get on the squad because he's so powerful he will forever be a value add. And most importantly as eggman so eloquently puts in sonic boom probably the 2nd most popular sonic character depending on the day. So not only is he just powerful as hell, every team dark story will always be about him forever, because he's the value add. 

My proposed solution to this is simple, dissolve team dark, or just have them do solo stuff. And give rouge an universe arc where she shines. Because she's never going to shine next to shadow, she always going to be... well.. in his shadow. 

If there were to say go with the dissilve team dark route, well... There is snively who probably wants least interference with his true plans as possible, a bunch of gun soliders and commanders who don't actually tryst shadow, and rouge who's life was endanger because of happens to shadow when the black arms come around. I dunno, seems like a powederkeg ready to blow up in shadows face. but that's just me. 

Response, didn't wanna fill the page. It isn't that long, but the quote system is weird so I accidentally quoted you multiple times with no way to rid myself of those. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 3:45 PM, PC the Hedgehog said:

And according to that Twitter comment thread, Archie intends to keep this back-to-back release schedule going, presumably until we're caught back up.

They are also apparently preparing a new release schedule for the graphic novels that they plan on announcing soon.

If that's true, then...

Spoiler

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

We'll hopefully get the backlog done by June-July if that is the case.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

279 is on next weeks Previews release list. Rejoice!

Huzzah!  Now, we can finally get on with what could become the best SU story ever made.

Whoa-whoa-whoa

We're getting back-to-back releases to catch up from the delay? AND we're getting a new schedule for trade releases *crosses fingers that Sagas will be resolicited*?

Sounds good to me! I might go ahead and re-read everything from the last year or so (sans "Worlds Unite") just to catch up.

So the Flood does indeed cometh after the Drought. The prophecies are on the cusp of being fulfilled.

There are some good issues shaping up on the horizon. This is about to go from being really agonizing, to being a really exciting time to be a fan of the comics.

Talk about a 180.

• Thumbs Up 6

3 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

Huzzah!  Now, we can finally get on with what could become the best SU story ever made.

Don't you think that's stretching it a bit too much (unless you mean best "Post-Reboot" SU arc)?

Now we're talking. It's about time Archie got their crap together. Now I can finally be able to receive my way long overdue GNs and now I can finally wait in excitement for Eggman's Dozen and future issues soon to be seen!:D

The Archie bus has finally arrived.

• Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, SilverStarN64 said:

Don't you think that's stretching it a bit too much (unless you mean best "Post-Reboot" SU arc)?

It's got Eggy and his whole gang trying to fight the Naugus Twins for Eggmanland.  If that doesn't scream of an awesome premise, I don't know what does.  Besides, I'm only saying it could be the best one yet in my own opinion.  I'm not trying to force it upon anyone. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Its also awesome that all these comics are finally being released during the Easter holidays, which might help with sales, as people won't be busy with school or uni and such. (like me XP) Hopefully it'll give Archie the leg up they need to get back into the game. :P

So are they any specifics I should know about? It's a little hard for me to be too excited whenever I don't particularly know what to watch out for and when.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, QuantumEdge said:

It's got Eggy and his whole gang trying to fight the Naugus Twins for Eggmanland.  If that doesn't scream of an awesome premise, I don't know what does.  Besides, I'm only saying it could be the best one yet in my own opinion.  I'm not trying to force it upon anyone. 

Well, that's good to hear. There's definitely a lot of characters, that's for sure. I can't wait to see the Battle Kukku in action once again. I'm also looking forward to see what the Witchcarters have in store for us.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooooh-hoo-hoo the comics' first original echidna character since the Pendering! This is big.

• Thumbs Up 7

Hmmm, he does seem quite familiar. They're definitely playing off his similarities to Thrash, and is him but given a different form, its like the biggest of ironies. Looking forward to it either way!

artthing.png

If that actually turns out to be a legit Echidna and not a robot or Black Arms doppleganger or some other form of imposter, I'll be utterly gobsmacked. 

I almost thought that Boom Knux was gonna be in the main comic but it turns out that it's another echidna named Nixus? So does that mean Penders don't care if Archie make Echidna characters then? WILL WE FINALLY GET OUR CHRONICLES ADAPTATION?!

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, True Detective Soni said:

I almost thought that Boom Knux was gonna be in the main comic but it turns out that it's another echidna named Nixus? So does that mean Penders don't care if Archie make Echidna characters then? WILL WE FINALLY GET OUR CHRONICLES ADAPTATION?!

That's never gonna happen for obvious reasons let's be real here.

Just now, Dejimon11 said:

That's never gonna happen for obvious reasons let's be real here.

It doesn't hurt to dream about it. 

I'm not really one to buy variant covers for the same issues I already own, but I think I'll definitely cave in and buy that classic Sonic 3 cover because I'm a sucker for the original classic Sonic designs. (And in general it a great cover of a funny moment in the game!)

I'm interested in the fact that we're getting a new echidna character. Though, I thought Ian would probably want to keep it where Knuckles is the only echidna alive/known in the post reboot continuity. You know, to stay in line with the games regarding Knuckles after all that Knuckles went through pre-reboot. Also, a tad bit disappointed to know that Team Dark is already appearing so soon, and again in another Universe arc. I don't hate them, far from that, but I just feel that Team Dark has already had enough spotlight to shine recently in the Universe books. From issues #59 ~ #62 they were shown in the whole "Shadow Fall" arc, they weren't in issues #63 ~ #66 because it was a Knuckles & Team Chaotix arc, but showed right back up in issues #67 ~ #70 (Which made sense once you realize all 3 arc ended up connecting to each other.)  They weren't in "Spark of Life", "Silver Age", or "Eggman's Dozen", and let's ignore the Worlds Unite arc, so I guess that's a decent enough time to bring them back? Maybe I'm just the weird one, or maybe it feels like they're entering into an arc that I originally believed would have just been Knuckles and Amy only with maybe new characters introduced or something. If this is helping move the whole Shattered World Crisis saga closer to ending, then that's all that really matters in the end. 

I still can't get over the Mega Drive cover. So classic. So beautiful. Definitely one of my favorite Archie Sonic covers of all time. I seriously need that issue in my life. 

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

Penders can do fuck all either way. He created Echidna characters. He doesn't have a copyright on the fucking animal.

Also, that looks like Boom!Knuckles.