Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I wouldn't take it as a certainly Nixus is purple- might just be the lighting.

EDIT: also please be a robot

please let Ian not have pretty much immediately succumbed to "we need more echidnas"

• Thumbs Up 4

"People have already figured out what Nixus' deal is" accoring to Ian.

Oh?

EDIT: but he ain't telling xP

Anybody here figured out what it is, per chance?

I imagine he means that in the sense that our various guesses, one is right. So far I've seen "he's Thrash", "he's Boom Knuckles", "he's a Robot", "he's connected to Dark Chronicles", IIRC. So 25% chance one of these is right, let's hope it's mine I say :V

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else getting some serious Shadow of the Colossus vibes from that variant?  Definitely adds some extra awesome points there.

To be honest, I really wasn't expecting Team Dark to be thrown into Shattered.  It kinda surprised me more than Nixus' reveal, who's probably going to end up being Thrash in my opinion.

Holy crap! I actually thought that was Thrash until I saw the description. Also an new echidna character? Is that even allowed? 

Also minor nitpick but Nixus better not be purple because of the last things we need is yet another big buff purple dude.

Total Eclispse + Amy character wise anyone? (don't kill me)

Having gotten a better look at him, I'm hedging my bets on him being Naugus in disguise or somesuch. Especially given the name "Nixus". 

When I first saw that new Sonic Universe cover, I was like

WAT

WAT

WAT

because I totally thought it was Boom Knuckles. xD

Of course, upon further reflection, I know that's extremely unlikely, but that is the first thought that came into my head, and it would allow them to introduce a "new echidna character" without actually introducing a new echidna character, 'cause, ya know, he's just another Knuckles. If that does turn out to be the case, I would find that utterly hilarious and amazing.

I think there's a good possibility it's a disguised Thrash. I mean, they do look a bit alike. It will be really interesting to see why he hates the echidnas this time around. I'm excited by the idea of echinda-related history or lore actually based around the Sega version for once. If it's not Thrash, I bet it's another animal in disguise. I don't think there's even a tiny chance it could be a real echidna, thanks to mandates, and personally I'm completely fine with that.

I hope it's not a robot; that would be boring. Unless they found some way to make it interesting, of course.

• Thumbs Up 8

4 minutes ago, horridus said:

Having gotten a better look at him, I'm hedging my bets on him being Naugus in disguise or somesuch. Especially given the name "Nixus". 

The similarity to "Ixis" is moot, since Ixis isn't a thing anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought that was Thrash at first personally, but I remember Thrash has ears, unless it IS Thrash disguising himself.

17 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The similarity to "Ixis" is moot, since Ixis isn't a thing anymore.

"Julian" isn't a thing anymore either, but they still used it for Sniv. It'd still be viable, if only as a shoutout, particularly since it turns out that the 'Ixis' thing evidently originated in cartoon production materials rather than Penders. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Nixus is a legitimate word looking it up. As a noun, it means strain. Now, what can you do when you're straining? I don't know, maybe thrash?

• Thumbs Up 8

Well, this is an interesting turn of events! I certainly didn't expect Team Dark to show up again so soon, but it really doesn't matter. The more the merrier I suppose!

As for this new "Nixus" character, I have a few theories about him:

-He could actually be Walter "Naugus" in disguise. He IS a wizard after all. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the ability to do something like that...

-He could be a "Dark Arms" warrior which explains why Team Dark is involved...

-He's actually Thrash who still has his vendetta against Echidnas and changed his identity, going by the name of "Nixus" to trick Knuckles for an unknown motive...

...or he's just a brand new echidna altogether.

Huh, haven't touched this account for ages. I really should start commenting again.

Anyway, I'm damn-near certain it's Naugus in disguise. I can list 3 good reasons as to why:

Spoiler

1) The solicit mentions Knuckles and Co. being on Angel Island (specifically, around the Hidden Palace Zone) in this part, and Relic previously noted in "Total Eclipse" that Angel Island had some ancient Troll technology. Naugus is now officially a troll, so...

2) We know that "Shattered" seems primarily focused on Knux and Amy restoring the Master Emerald while Sonic saves the world. And in Naugus' most recent appearances before this arc ("Back in Business" & "Eggman's Dozen") he appears to be using a Master Emerald Shard to restore his magic. Now how would Knuckles be able to get that last piece otherwise?

3) "Nixus" seems to be a purple "echidna" with red eyes, just like Naugus' clothing and eye colours, respectively. Plus, the name "Nixus" itself sounds like Ian picked it for a reason. I mean, "N"(augus) + "ixus" (similar to Ixis) just screams "it's totally Naugus!" to me, real-life word or not.

Sure, maybe there's the slightest chance of it being someone/something else, but if Ian himself has noted that people have already started to figure it out, then I doubt it's anyone but Naugus at this point.

Edited by N'egga Man
Added some more relevant points.
  • Thumbs Up 9

To give more evidence on the whole Nixis is Naugus thing

56eb0d4a7b5b0_ScreenShot2016-03-17at3.59

• Thumbs Up 9

So - barbel spent all the same characters. But this can be avoided if Sonic before the time comes to mind to use Emeralds and as Super Sonic blunt blow Eggfreak in Death Egg. This is time-saving and a quick end to the war.

Why are we still dealing Worlds Unite stuff when that crossover ended like a year ago and, as far as I know, few even liked it?

Just now, SSF1991 said:

Why are we still dealing Worlds Unite stuff when that crossover ended like a year ago and, as far as I know, few even liked it?

You mean the trades? Because were pretty much past that point.

Yes, the trade volumes. It's just frustrating to see Worlds Unite still getting shoved in our face when it has ended months ago.

How the hell did Team Dark get in the story this time? At this rate they may as well call the whole series "Shadow Universe" since he is like the most featuring character in those comics.

3 minutes ago, blade57331 said:

How the hell did Team Dark get in the story this time? At this rate they may as well call the whole series "Shadow Universe" since he is like the most featuring character in those comics.

Yeah, it's almost like he's the second-most popular character in the whole canon or something.

And I'm following the belief that this Ken Penders OC is Wally in disguise.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, N'egga Man said:

Huh, haven't touched this account for ages. I really should start commenting again.

Anyway, I'm damn-near certain it's Naugus in disguise. I can list 3 good reasons as to why:

Reveal hidden contents

1) The solicit mentions Knuckles and Co. being on Angel Island (specifically, around the Hidden Palace Zone) in this part, and Relic previously noted in "Total Eclipse" that Angel Island had some ancient Troll technology. Naugus is now officially a troll, so...

2) We know that "Shattered" seems primarily focused on Knux and Amy restoring the Master Emerald while Sonic saves the world. And in Naugus' most recent appearances before this arc ("Back in Business" & "Eggman's Dozen") he appears to be using a Master Emerald Shard to restore his magic. Now how would Knuckles be able to get that last piece otherwise?

3) "Nixus" seems to be a purple "echidna" with red eyes, just like Naugus' clothing and eye colours, respectively. Plus, the name "Nixus" itself sounds like Ian picked it for a reason. I mean, "N"(augus) + "ixus" (similar to Ixis) just screams "it's totally Naugus!" to me, real-life word or not.

Sure, maybe there's the slightest chance of it being someone/something else, but if Ian himself has noted that people have already started to figure it out, then I doubt it's anyone but Naugus at this point.

Y'know I'm just gonna throw away my theory of it being Thrash.  This idea makes too much sense for it to be untrue.  Besides, I think Ian said somewhere that he'd be using "Ixis" in another way.  Well, look no further, we've got our answer.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, blade57331 said:

Not really? They haven't gotten any more than Knuckles has. And that's not including pre-reboot, which makes Silver the most featuring character.

And they no doubt got in because they were planned to be there from the start, so what exactly is the problem here? It's not like they're hogging the spotlight.

As for the whole Nixis thing, I've no clue what to think. Can't say I care about the character yet, and I doubt it's actually another echidna. But if it is, it might - emphasis on "might" - make way for the Nocturnus in the future!

...yeah, in my dreams. It's probably Thrash like everyone else has said. But still, I want mah damn Shade and Ix, ASAP!

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, blade57331 said:

Since Dr. Julian Snively wants the Master Emerald, they've been sent to collect the shards.