Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

I didn't hate it I just didn't find it to that interesting. While I do applaud them from doing something different I just getting tired of the whole Silver is from a doomed future storyline. I understand that it was just to introduce us to his world but I think it just took to long to get to it's point.  

I wouldn't consider Silver Age an example of a "doomed future" storyline, at least not anymore than the current setting is a "doomed present" storyline (okay, the present is doomed in a way, but you get my point). It's a bit of a light dystopia, fair enough, but life still goes on and anyone with power has a chance to fight and make things better compared to it being at risk of being destroyed a la Sonic 06 and where fighting was near-pointless.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SilverStarN64 said:

To anyone who believes that the character "Nixus" is Thrash or a new echidna...you're wrong. Here's why:

-It can't be a new echidna because SEGA made it perfectly clear that Knuckles was meant to be the last of his kind. SEGA won't allow any more echidnas because of this.

-It's not Thrash because he became Penders' agent after the lawsuit hit, and removed all of the comic-created echidnas at the time for him. He's part of the in-universe reason of why they're all gone. Eggman being the other but at least there was a memory wipe for Knuckles. Case in point, whenever people see Thrash...they see Penders.

The only other logical explanation is none other than Walter Naugus himself. The user "N'egga Man" pretty much made this theory possible. Just think about it. He IS a wizard, after all. This shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone. Even the name alone was a dead giveaway. Not to mention his eye color and glove pattern...look carefully at that cover. The solicit also made it very obvious: "But is this strange newcomer everything he seems to be?"

You know the fact that they've been building up the troll civilization so far, makes me believe that the Echidnas had a past rivalry with the trolls in the Post-Reboot universe. Thus Naugus will become a more personal antagonist for Knuckles, because of ancestral hatred.

(By the way, thank you "Inspector Shaddy" for confirming the "Nixus" theory while I was creating my response.)

And since Thrash is directly tied into a Penders plot point, that makes him even more difficult to use.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't be that bothered if Thrash was no longer around, honestly. I can't say he was that interesting to me when I first saw him, as the only thing he seemed to be there for (and feel free to inform me of any missing details) was to remove the Echidna's off-screen.

But given how many older characters have seen new leases of life in the comic tho, I'm not against him being repurposed into something else.

• Thumbs Up 2

If I may add, Eggman's Dozen is also a thing.

Also, here's a question: have any of the previous creators come up and claimed any of the characters they created?

3 minutes ago, Arranos said:

Also, here's a question: have any of the previous creators come up and claimed any of the characters they created?

If they have, they haven't done it publically.  Ken's implied that Gallagher's been just going with the idea of owning Athair, but Gallagher's never made a public statement about it himself.

Bollers said he owned the characters he made for the comic on Twitter years ago.

But funny you should be on this train of thought;

• Thumbs Up 4

Admittedly, I'm a bit disappointed that the arc is not gonna be centered around just Amy & Knuckles, but so long as Amy & Knux get appropriate time to shine, and some time to interact in the arc, I'll be happy.

And hopefully, we get more focus on other characters in SU after this arc. A lot of the SU stories recently has centered around Shadow & Knuckles, and I'd like to see some other characters get the spotlight.

• Thumbs Up 3

17 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Yes, the trade volumes. It's just frustrating to see Worlds Unite still getting shoved in our face when it has ended months ago.

17 hours ago, SSF1991 said:

Why are we still dealing Worlds Unite stuff when that crossover ended like a year ago and, as far as I know, few even liked it?

...Because Trades are a common practice regardless of if a story is liked or not? I've seen some odd complaints but "Why is a trade being made" takes the cake.

Anyway I'm pretty certain that Nixus is Naugus. At first I was thinking he was an actual Echidna but the more people pointed it out that he was Naugus I started looking at his design and I noticed the cues. Purple, Red Eyes and he's wearing the same gloves as Naugus. I think it's pretty obvious honestly.

Also apparently Eggman kidnaps Chip in this version. Interesting.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, D.H said:

Admittedly, I'm a bit disappointed that the arc is not gonna be centered around just Amy & Knuckles, but so long as Amy & Knux get appropriate time to shine, and some time to interact in the arc, I'll be happy.

And hopefully, we get more focus on other characters in SU after this arc. A lot of the SU stories recently has centered around Shadow & Knuckles, and I'd like to see some other characters get the spotlight.

Like the Babylon Rogues for example?

Lots of Tails Sky Patrol villains running around these days.

methinks we are overdue for another Tails arc. Kids got plenty of sorting to do and a few characters still need the chance to re-up their vendetta against him.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Detective Reptiles said:

The point is that people are forgetting that it happened when it was literally the last arc to happen. 

My bad, I was having a brain-fart at that point. I should say that I don't hate The Silver Age, I actually thought it was alright overall (minus the obvious cliffhanger ending).

I was just going by the fact that, during the shattered world's build-up (as in, before Worlds Unite) Universe was mostly focused on Shadow and Knuckles for a whole year's worth of story.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, N'egga Man said:

My bad, I was having a brain-fart at that point. I should say that I don't hate The Silver Age, I actually thought it was alright overall (minus the obvious cliffhanger ending).

I was just going by the fact that, during the shattered world's build-up (as in, before Worlds Unite) Universe was mostly focused on Shadow and Knuckles for a whole year's worth of story.

Well, looking on the bright side, I doubt we're getting a direct sequel to the Dark Trilogy.  Putting a positive spin on this, you could say Team Dark is helping Knuckles perhaps out of guilt, since they (particularly Shadow) were responsible for sending him on this quest (for the third time, I believe).

• Thumbs Up 1

True, and as I said before, maybe they'll only stick around for an issue or two.

1 hour ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Vincent Lovallo posted this pic of Sonic Universe #83 existing in physical form.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd2baIjW8AEmwRS.jpg:large

Now then, someone get cracking on deciphering the spoiler cover. 

That looks like a comic, not a cover (no hint of a title, can clearly see speech bubbles, etc.)

• Thumbs Up 2

Really? Welp, that'll teach me to skip legally provided work breaks at an office job because I can't see anything with these tired eyes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Triple kill. Wow.

So, while we sort of process our thoughts on that panel, why not turn to another event where Aleah Baker's selling this cool print?

Cd8E-vHW0AAEYZa.jpg

That looks awesome!

2 hours ago, Razorsaw said:

I doubt Nixus is Naugus, on account they can't and don't call him "Ixis" anymore.

Yes, they can. Ian has said several times that "Ixis" came from SatAM's unused concepts.

• Thumbs Up 6

I thought he further clarified that because it was actually USED in Archie by Bollers, they can't use it.

In any case, his name is "Walter" now, so the Ixis title is effectively meaningless to this continuity.