Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

That's what I recall too. Essentially, it was the case that although it was in the SatAM concepts, the fact that was established as an existing thing in the comics meant that Archie wanted to steer clear of it. Same thing for Nate Morgan who also existed in the SatAM concepts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, that would fit with Archie's over-cautious nature. Do you recall where they actually said this, though?

I'm not sure if this is worth anything, but even completely disregarding the Ixis part, Nixus still starts with an N and ends with an "us", so it could still theoretically be a reference to Naugus. That's what I thought at first, honestly.

This would have been either his forum or Twitter, but this was yonks ago and I don't have time to look into it tonight, unfortunately. 

http://www.bumbleking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=416909#p416909

In SatAM, early development documents had him named "Ixis," but he was called "Naugus" in the final script of the one episode he was in.

During the Bollers/Gabrie era, he was introduced as "Ixis Naugus," and there were allusions to the Ancient Order of Ixis. During the Flynn/Pellerito run, this was expounded upon that "Ixis" was both a title and the name of the organization. Obviously, post-reboot, we can't continue on that approach.

The terms "Ixis" and "Naugus," however, are both SatAM in origin and thus safe to use. I have long-term plans for was "Ixis" is now (extremely long-term - as in who know if/when that'll see print). As for Walter Naugus, the reasoning behind the naming was two-fold. First, it was to make it clear we were in a new continuity. Secondly, it will have some alliteration with his other family member(s) (pending editorial approval).

• Thumbs Up 7

To be honest, that suggests this isn't linked to this. If it was an extremely long term plan, for Ian that's far more than a year in planning. 

I must say, Evan Stanley's variant is epic!

Also these:

Er... twitter doesnt work, just click the pics.. They showed two pages of SU 83 and one STH 280 page...

• Thumbs Up 9

I think we've all of these pages before through the FCBD pages, although maybe the Eggman one in FCBD was the backup for #280 instead and it's blending together. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, we've already seen those pages so it's nothing new for us but I am still excited for #83 and #280 so whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hope we get a real 3 pages preview for SU #83 soon! Its strange that they just showed two pages of that issue and instead showed the ones from the FCBD 2016 issue.

5 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

We'll probably get it in a couple of weeks time, going by the schedule. 

More like a couple of days, since it's coming out next week.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Detective Zebra said:

Yardley, Amash, and Herms are such an amazing art team. Just look at that. Beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 6

Meanwhile on Austin's sketchy inks, Cassata's annoyingly trippy colors and Peppers's stiff pencils

• Thumbs Up 2

Yep. 

And for some reason when it's advertising Keys to Victory (aka #280), it uses the cover for #281. Oops?

Alright, so I was going to talk about the main points of the issues, but I already did that when they leaked the issue on the digital market a few months back.

So instead, I'll stay silent and watch you guys discuss it.

I'll also re-mention, if anyone's interested, that Google Play has a preview of Sonic Super Digest 15 that shows the full story of Razor's backstory (I know that's been out for a while).

Ooh, a Razor story. (reads it)...meh. It doesn't tell anything that we didn't already knew/suspected. The biggest reveal is that we know fish princess name  "Undina". Named after prehistoric fish that was a "bridge" between sea animals and first land animals. How clever.

2 minutes ago, Jason the Jackass said:

Because Eggman.

He's got the master clam.

You. Fucking. WIN. Take all of my possessions. I insist.

3 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

That's 279's off-panel. 

The top one is. The one below it I've never seen anywhere.